Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Arpaio has his good and bad points. One good thing is that he will follow through with what he says and there is nothing "pc" about him.

He tends to get a little carried away with his power. My fear is that he will not do the job "carefully" enough and then the illegals will complain of abuse.

Once in AZ he was using a helicopter to view peoples backyards to enforce pool safety or something like that. People were upset because it was a total invasion of privacy.
    Huntington Beach does this every spring. 30 million dollar helicopter to check everyones pools for unmaintaned stagnet water (mosquito abatment).And the city population is over 300,000.

I was assuming the checking was not for mosquitos - although there did seem to be a lot of West Nile Virus when we were there - or at least a lot of talk about it.

It as the staggering number of deaths of children from drowning that concerned me and I thought that might be what was being checked on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Skipp - I can't remember if it was due to West Nile or the child death issue. For some reason Arizona has an usually high number of drownings, despite constant media warnings and such.

Regardless of his motive, taking a helicopter and looking in peoples yards IS an invasion of privacy and I understand the gripe.

My point is, he doesn't care who complains, he does whatever the heck he wants. I am just concerned he will fudge something and hurt someone and that will hurt our agenda. The minutemen get constantly monitored and reminded that if they use force they will get shut down. I hope Arpaio doesn't ruin it for everyone.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

I understand what you are saying - and I hope he doesn't either. You know what, though, he is one that could get away with it. He has done so many other off the top things.

When we were out there - the helicopters were constantly circling at night. We used to sit outside at night and just watch them. That was in Mesa mostly. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

We were in our RV at first in a park on the highway to Flagstaff - and they came out there also, but there were a couple of prisons out that way also.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12