Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ Sheriff to Start Posse Patrols to Curb Illegal Aliens

Source:
    KPHO Phoenix - CBS 5
    http://www.kpho.com

Sheriff to Start Posse Patrols to Curb Illegal Immigration Flow
    http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=4850859

(CBS 5 NEWS) - Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced that approximately 100 volunteer posse and Sheriff's Deputies will soon begin randomly patrolling the desert areas and main roadways in southwest Maricopa County as a part of an operation to curb the flow of illegal immigrants entering the county.

Arpaio made the announced just as 11 more illegal immigrants were being booked in jail after a Ford Windstar with California plates and 16 people packed inside was stopped by a Sheriff's deputy early Tuesday morning on a traffic violation near Gila Bend.

Despite the growing controversy about illegal aliens nationwide, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office remains the only Arizona law enforcement agency willing to enforce a new state anti-smuggling law.

"There are so many illegals trying to make it into the county that it's overwhelming my deputies, so I have called on members of my 3000 member volunteer posse to assist," says Sheriff Arpaio. "It's not only illegals we find and arrest out there, we've also made some recent huge drug seizures involving illegal aliens including nearly 100 pounds of methamphetamine and approximately three pounds of heroin."

Posse man Andrew Ramsammy, who was part of Tuesday's arrest team, says that he believes he represents many of his peers when he says that the posse is anxious to be a part of the Sheriff's solution to the immigration problem.

"As a group of law abiding people, we are fed up with the number of people who come into this county illegally. We're tired of the drugs that some of them bring to sell to our young people and we're ready and willing to assist the Sheriff's deputies in the fight against illegal immigration," says Ramsammy.

Sheriff Arpaio says Tuesday's arrests include two coyotes, one of whom may be charged with a far more serious offense - endangerment.

Virgilio Parra Sabori may face a class 6 felony charge if it is determined that he recklessly left one of his customers to die in the desert.

That customer who may have paid as much as $1100 to gain entrance into the country, was a 24-year-old Mexican male found near death by deputies who combed the desert earlier today after being told by other people in the vehicle that one man was left behind. That young man was found lying in the sun on the desert floor and is currently in serious condition in a west valley hospital.

Arpaio says today his deputies so far have made seven anti smuggling cases in the last few weeks alone and that 120 illegals have been arrested and jailed.

Arpaio houses 10,000 prisoners in his jails, including almost 2000 in a tent city he erected in 1993. Tent City is being expanded to hold an anticipated increase in of inmates being incarcerated in the Maricopa County jails.
    God bless our Republic Death to the New World Order

I saw this on the new just now, more power to him,and all those supporting what he are trying to do!
    The Fed Gov won't do it, we have to do it onthe local and state levels!!

I am for anyone taking a stand on capturing illegals and deporting them. I loved the vacancy sign they showed at the prison on Lou Dobbs
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I know about this guy. He is tough as nails. Problem is there are not enough like him nationwide. Amazing what you can do when you don't feel obligated to feel embarrassed about enforcing the law.

As hard as it is to swallow this horse pill, private and county-level enforcment is what it is going to come down to. Of course, if you are a private citizen you will be arrested for defending your home and your country. Weigh the consequences and benefits carefully before acting on your own. If one is not ready to deal with the consequences, vigilante tactics would be a very incorrect decision.

Sheriff departments are overwhelmed at the border. Even the Border Patrol is overwhelmed at the border. Cities are overwhelmed at the border and privately owned property is overwhelmed at the border.

State governments are overwhelmed at the border and hospitals are overwhelmed by the border. Innocent children who used to be drug free are overwhelmed at the border. Young girls who haven't even made it into their teens are overwhelmed at the border. The black population and legal hispanic population are overwhelmed at the border.

The American people are overwhelmed at the border and...

Washington D.C. doesn't believe there really is a border to be overwhelmed.

Pro Patri Vigilans!

Death to Aztlan!!
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

I heard a lot about Sheriff Arpaio when I lived near Yuma. He's an upstanding, no nonsense guy. I only wish we could clone him. A lot of others need to take a lesson from him. God bless him and good luck.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

I saw a report about this sheriff a year or 2 back, his tent city of prisoners,I thought he was a mighty big man then, he has risen to 10 ft tall in my books now!, this is what every county needs to do, I am sure there would be enough volunteers to fill the jobs!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Arpaio has his good and bad points. One good thing is that he will follow through with what he says and there is nothing "pc" about him.

He tends to get a little carried away with his power. My fear is that he will not do the job "carefully" enough and then the illegals will complain of abuse.

Once in AZ he was using a helicopter to view peoples backyards to enforce pool safety or something like that. People were upset because it was a total invasion of privacy.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Yes, I think you either love 'Sheriff Joe' or you dislike him immensely.

As for the illegals complaining - count on it. They do it now for any reason.

As to the pool safety, what he did seems a little extreme. When my daughter lived there she kept telling me about how many children drowned in backyard pools. She is very tenderhearted toward children, so I didn't think it could be as frequent as she said.

We stayed out there 9 months - and it is even more than she said. It was everyday - sometimes 2 a day - so extreme, yes, but what do you do?
    I don't know if they have a 'fence' law or whathave you, but some adults certainly were not doing their job and lots of children were dying because of it.

He reads his prisoners bedtime stories - wonder if he will read some in Spanish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oops now don't I feel silly, guess I should have read through incase someone else posted on this issue...

She Bear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast