Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arizona Suspect’s Online Trail Offers Hints of Alienation
    By ERIC LIPTON, CHARLIE SAVAGE and SCOTT SHANE
    Published: January 8, 2011

WASHINGTON — His MySpace page included a photograph of a United States history textbook, on top of which he had placed a handgun. He prepared a series of Internet videos in which he posted odd statements about the gold standard, the community college he attended and SWAT teams.

People gathered Saturday outside the Tucson office of Representative Gabrielle Giffords after she was shot at an event. She represents Arizona’s Eighth District.

Jared Lee Loughner, in these few public hints, offered a sense of his alienation from society, confusion, anger as well as foreboding that his life could soon come to an end. Friends talked of how he had become reclusive in recent years, and his public postings raised questions, in retrospect at least, about his mental state.

Still, his comments offered little indication as to why, as police allege, he would go to a Safeway supermarket in northwest Tucson on Saturday morning and begin shooting at a popular Democratic congresswoman and more than a dozen others, killing six and wounding 19.

There was evidence of recent trouble, though. Mr. Loughner, 22, was suspended in late September from Pima Community College, where he had been attending classes, because the school became aware of a disturbing YouTube video. Mr. Loughner voluntarily withdrew from the College on Oct. 4.

Paul Schwalbach, a spokesman for the college, said that he did not know the content of the video or if it was considered threatening.

But the campus police and other officials viewed it and “found it very disturbing,â€

He reminds me of an older version of one of the teens from the Columbine High School shooting
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    He reminds me of an older version of one of the teens from the Columbine High School shooting
    I got the same vibe from him too.

Very rambling. He's either mentally ill or a drug user.

The dream state business is almost like he's not really in his right mind. Some thought process like I'm sleepwalking so I don't know what I'm doing...

Strange.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The correct term is anarchist.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I got the same vibe from him too.

Very rambling. He's either mentally ill or a drug user.

The dream state business is almost like he's not really in his right mind. Some thought process like I'm sleepwalking so I don't know what I'm doing...

Strange.

Dixie
    Read this quote from one of his videos and you can get an idea of what is going on in this guy's mind.

"If the B.C.E. years are unable to start then the A.D.E. years don't cease.

B.C.E. years are unable to start.

Thus, A.D.E. years are unable to begin.

If A.D.E. is endless in year, then the years in A.D.E. don't cease.

A.D.E. is endless in year.

Therefore the years in A.D.E. don't cease."

He is thinking in an endless loop. Like the cocaine user that does cocaine so they can feel better, so they can do more cocaine so they can feel better.... Endless loops in a computer program will cause the computer to eventually shut down. In the mind, confusion starts and eventually the brain feels there is no way out of the loop and it too starts shutting down. My guess is this guy wanted to end his own life to get out of the loop.

What caused this is our society's refusal to deal with mental illness. Because some kids are under placed under such high levels of stress their brain (frontal lobe) has not developed enough to deal with the constant stress. So eventually depression and mental illness start and leads to situation like this where the frontal lobe of the brain is no longer able to make decisions.

Instead of our media, politicians and celebrities trying to blame the left, the right, terrorist groups or what ever, we need to start addressing mental illness. To often cases like this were known about, but no one did anything to address the problem. The military rejected him, probably they knew he was mentally ill, his college professor noticed the problem. Yet everyone turned their backs to a mental condition that eventually lead to this tragedy.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123