Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Back in the 70’s American truckers stuck together

Back in the 70’s American truckers did a good job at sticking together
    It was tough for them – I would not want to drive into Mexico just for the fact that Mexican Cops are crooks for the most part and when they do lie and detain a American Truck Driver what will the American Government do to get them back home – Nothing.

This Radio Station broadcast all over America from 12 midnight to 5AM they are
    The Truckers radio show www.midnighttrucking.com it would be nice if we all sent them an email and if your up late enough call in to support American truck drivers .
    One thing I am hearing is the Government is making the truck drivers cut back on how many hours they can drive. And if I am correct the show stated that with the time cut backs it will reduce the American trucker’s productivity by around 4 to 5% this also will hurt Americans

DJ
    Is this "roll out" dependent on what the Senate has to say about it next week? I know that the House stipulated something about 22 check items, but doesn't the Senate also have to agree? Is it going before them next week--or are we just doomed to all this happening ( hoping that the truckers take it on themselves to protest)?

Senate approved

The approval was attached to an appropriations bill. Sneaky bastards.

The Mexican trucks are supposed to start entering on Thursday (9/6). I don't know if it will do any good, but we should phone and fax the senators when they return on Tuesday. I will. As this is a one year pilot program, we have to continue to lobby and apply pressure against this dangerous program.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    The Mexican trucks are supposed to start entering on Thursday (9/6). I don't know if it will do any good, but we should phone and fax the senators when they return on Tuesday. I will. As this is a one year pilot program, we have to continue to lobby and apply pressure against this dangerous program.

I'm with ya Populist. I will be calling as well.
    I've also been in contact with some truckers in my area- for the most part they were absolutely clueless this is happening!

Convoy!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[/quote]I've also been in contact with some truckers in my area- for the most part they were absolutely clueless this is happening![/quote]

ALL of America is clueless that this was happening have anyone heard one word about this on this local, national or cable news station? That would be a big resounding NO. If you don't watch Lou Dobbs or not a member of this board you wouldn't know about either. Sad isn't it.