Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bad news from ABC News / Washington Post poll

63% in the poll agree with the option "let immigrants who have lived here a certain number of years apply for legal status and eventually become permanent citizens if they meet specific conditions, like paying a fine and back taxes."

That's essentially 68% supporting a form of amnesty. The majority in the poll did strongly support better border security, but that's not much consolation. I'm certainly not giving up but the result of this poll is rather bleak.

No doubt more polls will come out before the Senate acts, but perhaps the focus should shift to asking how well the Hispanic illegals especially can fit into a modern high-tech society which is demanding more top scientists, engineers, mathematicians, etc. I believe a very small percentage of Hispanic illegals even have a high school degree.

Detailed poll question and responses follow:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    21. I'll read three proposals for illegal immigrants who currently live and work in the United States. Please tell me which you prefer.

ONE: Let immigrants who have lived here a certain number of years apply
    for legal status and eventually become permanent citizens if they meet
    specific conditions, like paying a fine and back taxes

TWO: Let them pay a fee and work here for a limited number of years after which they'd have to leave the country

THREE: Declare all illegal immigrants to be felons and not allow them to
    work here legally

Which of these would you prefer - a program that may lead to legal status and permanent citizenship, a program allowing them to work here for a limited number of years but not remain permanently, or no temporary work program and felony status?

Program that may lead to legal status and permanent citizenship 63%
    Program allowing them to work here but not remain permanently 14%
    No temporary work program and felony status 20%
    None of them (vol.) 2%
    No opinion 1%
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/po ... 041006.htm

That's a lie. Why would a super majority of Americans be against in-state tuition and licenses for illegals, favor local police helping to arrest them, favor deportation, and yet want to grant amnesty.

This poll is BS.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Isn't the Washington Post a known "Not to be trusted " paper?

That poll is crap, every other poll I have seen indicates no path to citizenship, no amnesty and secure our borders.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How about a combination of these three?

Illegal immigrants who currently live in the U.S. have the option to pay fines and back taxes and then apply for citizenship. Citizenship will be granted on a need for work basis -not as a courtesy. If they wish to not pay the fines and back taxes, they are sent to the back of the line to apply for citizenship. Everyone applying for citizenship will not necessarily obtain it. A certain number will, while others will receive a temporary citizen status. Depending on the projected need for future work, some immigrants who have completed the term of their temporary status will be first in line to receive permanent citizenship. All who refuse to abide by the rules should be arrested and dealt with accordingly, possibly being deported.

That sounds like a much better idea to me.

How about we spend a few years making sure more illegal aliens are leaving America than coming in before we even discuss "ideas" about letting anyone stay.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is part of long-term polling by ABC News and the Washington Post, and is the latest poll out that deals with immigration - as far as I know. They don't say who actually conducted the poll, most likely a polling company.

The ideological breakdown in the poll was:
    Liberal 21%
    Moderate 41%
    Conservative 35%
    Don't think in those terms 2%
    No opinion 1%

This particular poll is conducted about every 6 weeks, although the immigration questions haven't been asked before. It was only 1,000 in the poll and Congress no doubt will be looking for more polling data on immigration.

Take the Poll and Check it.

Look on the forum for Washington Post 4/11 poll. Go take it Now. I think this was the results from the 4/9 poll. Take the newest Poll following this weekend bad behavior rallys and check back next week and see if the results have moved in our favor. Why I say this, the link has a date of 2006/04/10. Show them how our opinion has changed!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01036.html

Dixie

as i have said many times, none of these studies will be actual american opionions until the dust settles. Anytime a "Media" company pays for a study then it is bound to be flawed and skewed towards their perception and beliefs. It takes 'INDEPENDENT' researching to get the real answers.

"63% in the poll agree with the option "let immigrants who have lived here a certain number of years apply for legal status and eventually become permanent citizens if they meet specific conditions, like paying a fine and back taxes."
    Absolute BS! Every issue of the Washington Post should, henceforth, come with a "paid" sticker, BEFORE you buy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast