Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banging Head Against Wall-Help!

I just got off the phone with the lady that is in charge of our voting machines. God help her! She told me the voting machines operate on a memory card only, nothing else the memory card just operates all by itself and since the machines have no computer they could not be tapped into or votes changed. I tried to explain that a memory card cannot operate on it's own that it must have a low grade computer, but I got nowhere. She says, I am the only phone call she has received concerning this, that no one else is concerned. I could just scream! Why are people in charge of these machines that do not have a clue as to how they operate or anything about them? I ended up just asking for an absentee ballot. I hope she is capable of mailing us some.

sawdust,

Join the club. And everyone thought "hanging chads" were bad.

Please become a polling place volunteer. Go see the Lock the Vote Focus Campaign.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    sawdust,

Join the club. And everyone thought "hanging chads" were bad.

Please become a polling place volunteer. Go see the Lock the Vote Focus Campaign.

Dixie
    I've often thought {and believe} that they used those little ole HANGING CHADS as an excuse to put in computer voting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I requested an absentee ballot for the same reason. I think everyone should.

The people that I worked with at the polls had no clue as to how the machines worked. Fortunately for us they only counted the ballots, at the end of the evening we manually took the ballots out of the machine and counted them ourselves and put them in the locked box that goes to City Hall. We did not have the computers that you vote on and with the majority of people that volunteer to work at the polls you will be hardened to find much intelligence there. We do need more intelligent and informed people volunteering to work at the polls.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I started use absentee ballots 3-4 years ago because I don`t trust the electronic voting systems.

I have to go to the poll to get my "I Voted" sticker, LOL

The machines are owned by independent companies
    ------------------------

I would honestly like to have the option of using a paper ballot on election day.I believe paper ballots are superior to any electronic machines that are subject to human error and breakdowns.Sometimes the old fashioned way is just better.