Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh.my TXKAYAKER..I forgot to say hello
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

NCLR's Annual Conference, presented in part by Bank of America, is the single largest gathering of its kind in the Hispanic community, serving as the meeting ground for more than 20,000 community organization leaders, activists, and volunteers; elected and appointed officials; members of the corporate, philanthropic, and academic communities; senior citizens; college students; and youth.

http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/39498/
    Stupid is as stupid does....... follow the law and if the lawmakers can't, then we need to boot them out of office..........

OMG...I know a lot of folks who would love this kinda help....I like the date on this little article
    Thanks 45

http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/39498/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Dec 5, 2006

“A CONVERSATION ON LATINO CREDIT CARD USE” HIGHLIGHTS THE OBSTACLES LATINOS FACE WHEN TRYING TO ESTABLISH CREDIT HISTORY

Washington, DC – Increased reliance on credit cards as a way to build a credit history exposes Latino consumers to financial predators and accumulation of debt, according to the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the largest Latino civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S., which today released a transcript of a roundtable session from the 2006 NCLR Annual Conference, A Conversation on Latino Credit Card Use. The discussion shed light on the growing number of Latino consumers who rely on credit cards as a way to supplement their income and to build credit.

“Latino purchasing power has grown to nearly $700 billion, yet very little is known about the impact of credit card industry practices on our community. This is especially troubling since many Latino families are using credit cards to pay for basics such as food and gas rather than luxuries,” said Janet Murguía, NCLR President and CEO. “This is a concern given the high cost of fees associated with credit card use,” she added.

Panelists highlighted the growing number of Latino consumers who are victims of credit card fraud. A 2003 survey by the Federal Trade Commission showed that Latinos are twice as likely as non-Latino Whites to be victims of fraud. Participants also concluded that Latino consumers need targeted education and financial counseling to build a deeper understanding of credit card policies and practices.

Participants in the roundtable included representatives from the YWCA, the Federal Trade Commission, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and Money Management International.

To download a copy of the full transcript, go to www.nclr.org.
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

I hope this is for the current year too William

Contributors to MALDEF - 2002-2003

SILVER PARTNERS: $10,000 $49,000
    Arthur M. Blank Foundation
    AT&T
    Bank of America
    BELO Corporation
    BP
    Bracewell & Patterson, L.L.P
    The Bravo Foundation
    The California Endowment
    The Coca-Cola Company
    The David & Katherine Moore Family
    snip
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Corporations

Based on the needs of the Latino workforce and the needs of companies, NCLR partners with a wide range of corporate partners to expand the number of quality jobs and training opportunities made available to Hispanic workers. Examples of such partnerships include Bank of America, Wal-Mart Stores, American Airlines, Coors Brewing Company, General Motors, and Miller Brewing Company.
    Stupid is as stupid does....... follow the law and if the lawmakers can't, then we need to boot them out of office..........

Partnering with LULAC
    LULAC has been fortunate to have had strong support in 2004 from its corporate, government & foundation sponsors, contributors and supporters. Our sincerest thanks to all who have supported LULAC throughout this year.
    CONTRIBUTORS: $10,000—$19,999
    Advance America
    Army
    Bank of America
    Burger King Corporation
    Caesar’s Entertainment
    Continental Airlines
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car
    Geico Direct
    Home Box Office
    HUD-espanol.hud.gov
    J. C. Penney
    Kraft Foods
    Lowe’s Companies, Inc
    National Education Association
    NBC/Telemundo
    Office Depot
    PhRMA
    Public Broadcasting Service
    Sodexho
    Southwest Airlines
    Spirit Airlines
    State Farm
    Summit Mortgage
    Washington Mutual
    SUPPORTERS: $2,000—$9,999
    American Legacy Foundation
    Asthma Action America
    Coors Brewing Company
    Corrections Corp of America
    Department of Homeland Security
    Dittus Communications
    Guzman & Company
    Heineken USA Incorporated
    Master Card
    MGM Mirage
    Mortgage Insurance Companies of America
    People for the American Way
    R.J. Reynolds
    Sally Beauty Company
    Su Casita
    The Limited Brands
    The Walt Disney Company
    Tracfone
    University of Texas at El Paso
    Wyndham

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    I hope this is for the current year too William

Contributors to MALDEF - 2002-2003

SILVER PARTNERS: $10,000 $49,000
    Arthur M. Blank Foundation
    AT&T
    Bank of America
    BELO Corporation
    BP
    Bracewell & Patterson, L.L.P
    The Bravo Foundation
    The California Endowment
    The Coca-Cola Company
    The David & Katherine Moore Family
    snip
    That's just what we need Gpeach, but I need a link to this source.

Lets all focus.

We have confirmed La Raza, now we need the confirm on maldef and lulac.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W: I'm not finding any direct listing by said orgs listing a BoA as corporate sponsor -doesn't mean that isn't the case of course, I'm just not looking in the correct places I'm sure. I do know that other ALIPAC posters have contributed lists of such things in the past and do remember seeing BoA in such lists (not sure whether it was for MALDEF or LULAC). If you can give it a little time maybe the person that has those lists can provide them along with the correct source/attribution info...(?)

Thanks guys - I see you dug up the LULAC, MALDEF info - thanks!

I gave your BOA boycott page(s) a quick look and are pretty good. I have a couple small suggestions, nothing real important, but these might help a bit. Can I add a post under the original for proposed changes or should I PM them to you?

DIAMOND PARTNERS: $100,000+
    America’s Families United
    Ford Motor Company
    Freddie Mac
    General Motors
    SBC
    PLATINUM PARTNERS: $75,000—$99,999
    AARP
    Altria
    HHS
    GOLD PARTNERS: $50,000—$74,999
    American Airlines
    H-E-B
    NEA
    Shell Oil Company
    Tyson Foods
    SILVER PARTNERS: $30,000—$49,999
    DaimlerChrysler Corporation
    EPA
    Nextel
    PepsiCo, Inc.
    Procter & Gamble
    Sears
    The Coca-Cola Company
    Univision Communications Inc.
    Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    BRONZE PARTNERS: $20,000—$29,999
    Anheuser Busch
    AT&T
    BellSouth Corporation
    Blockbuster
    Countrywide
    Dell Inc.
    Eli Lilly & Company
    Exxon Mobil Corporation
    Hewlett-Packard Company
    McDonald’s Corporation
    Miller Brewing Company
    Sprint
    Valero Corp
    Verizon Communications
    Wells Fargo
    YUM! Brands Inc.
    Partnering with LULAC

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:3LU ... cd=2&gl=us

okay William, I was too intense in my search .

http://www.americanpatrol.com/MALDEF/Co ... -2003.html
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast