Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ben Carson Says He Would Not Be Trump’s Running Mate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ben Carson Says He Would Not Be Trump’s Running Mate

http://time.com/4068468/ben-carson-d...-running-mate/

Ben Carson Says He Would Not Be Trump’s Running Mate

Tessa Berenson @tcberenson

Oct. 9, 2015

Ben Carson departed from his no-offense campaign Friday to take a few swipes at Donald Trump, the only candidate ahead of him in the polls.

Speaking at the National Press Club about racism he has faced in his life, the retired neurosurgeon said he was “very concerned about the Donald Trump people in our society.”

During a question-and-answer period, Carson was asked if he would consider being Trump’s running mate. He responded by saying that he did not think he would be compatible with Trump.

“I believe that Donald Trump has been very useful because he brought in a lot of people, a lot of curiosity and enthusiasm,” Carson said. “And whoever the eventual nominee is will benefit from that. But in terms of [working with] the next President, I would obviously want somebody who is compatible with me.”

“The things that have to be done are very very serious things,” he added. “This can’t be tinkering around the edges… and I don’t think [Trump] has a whole lot of time to do that. So it would have to be somebody who is very compatible, somebody who understands the urgency of what we’re doing.”

Carson typically avoids direct attacks on other candidates, and Trump has been defending Carson in the press for comments Carson made in the wake of the Oregon shooting suggesting that he would have been more aggressive towards the shooter.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh man, what a relief! I'm so glad we got that out of the way. Thank you Ben!

Trump is free from the ridiculous idea of a Trump/Carson ticket. And you're right Ben, you and Trump are not compatible, you're as different as night and day. Donald Trump would never "redirect" an armed robber to the cashier or try to reinvent the Holocaust to suit your misguided political rhetoric.

What you've implied about these victims in Oregon and the victims of the Holocaust is heartless, stupid and wrong. You tried to imply in your first stupid statement that you would be the hero and tell everyone as you're fighting off an armed killer to grab him and fight back, and failing to do that would be wrong revealing your lack of knowledge about what happens when people are scared, they freeze, they become paralyzed, unless they're well-rehearsed and trained to do otherwise which these people weren't. Yet when you had the opportunity according to your story telling to fight one off, you didn't, you redirected them to the poor cashier, which I'm sure is exactly what you would have done with the Germans had you been a Jew in Germany. You would have redirected them to save your own skin.

It's a tragic day when we have candidates living out a fairy-tale in any election, let alone a Presidential election. There's Carly Fiorina recreating her career, her life, her family, her positions .... all to try to stay in the race and bump her polls, and yes, recreating means lying. And then we have you, recreating your life and what you would do, judging others, and this isn't the first time, to pump yourself up.

You pick on the poor, claiming you want to charge them income tax on incomes so small they can't even pay the utility bill, so they can have "pride" and "skin in the game" when what you really want is to reduce your own tax rate to 10% and make up the difference off the backs of poor people. You claim you want to stop illegal immigration, yet you really don't because you don't want a wall, you don't want to deport, you believe there are jobs that Americans won't do, blah blah blah.

Hell, your website doesn't even address immigration or trade, the two most critical issues of our country. Oh no, you're out there with your faith, innocent life, education, Israel as our friend, Russia as our enemy, balanced budget amendment when you think $250 billion a year in interest on the debt is our 3rd largest budget item, when it's way down on the list, after SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Defense, and Welfare which you can't solve of course until you ... FIX THE ECONOMY by fixing the issues you didn't even bother to post your opinion about, and guns, oh yes, the guns, we all support our guns, we have a 2nd Amendment right to those, it's settled law, and your church-based tithe tax that wants 10% off the top of poor people's income who can't even pay their utility bill so you can pay less.

NO THANK YOU, BEN CARSON.

Time for you to get some counter-punches, so I'll do them until that nice "useful" Mr. Trump decides to lay into your phony hypocritical **MOD EDIT* himself.
    Last edited by Newmexican; 10-11-2015 at 07:23 AM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, now we know why immigration isn't on your campaign website:

Immigration

In the Washington Times, Carson wrote: "Once illegals have legal status, it will be difficult to deny them any of the multitudinous entitlements that are freely distributed throughout our society." Nevertheless, Carson believes that illegal immigrants should be able to register as guest workers and have a pathway to apply for permanent resident status.[66]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson#cite_note-13

Oh and how about this little Death Panels jewel:

End-of-life care

In 1992, Carson wrote that aging and technological advancement will eventually lead to many people surviving their 100th birthdays.[80] He questioned the merits of prolonging life, citing the fact that "up to half of the medical expenses incurred in the average American's life are incurred during the last six months of life". He discussed the "dignity of dying in comfort, at home, with an attendant if necessary". Carson also stated: "Decisions on who should be treated and who should not be treated would clearly require some national guidelines... If a patient insisted on having everything done, consideration of more aggressive treatment should be given."[77][80][81] In January 2015, Carson stated that his views have evolved since 1992.[82][83]
    People, Ben Carson is not only an Amnesty Supporter in the fullest extent, he's a Government Death Panels Guy, wanting "national guidelines" to determine who lives and who dies. He wants to wail about liberty and freedom to have guns? Sure, I'm all for that, but what good is it if a Republican candidate for President wants the GOVERNMENT to decide who lives and who dies?!

No, the government does not decide, nor should it ever decide, not even hospitals should decide. Patients, families and private doctors decide. What all this "end of life care" and Palliative Care is leading to is premature unnatural death deliberately caused by nurses and doctors when they want to end your life against your will, probably because they've screwed up and don't want a living victim to tell what happened, for fear of a malpractice lawsuit or complaints against their license. In the US, that is still murder, and it's still against the law.

Wake Up People. Our country just elected an evil incompetent based on a silver tongue. We do not need another one. Shut Carson down and shut him down now.

You know, there's something else really strange about Carson. Not anywhere that I can find does he reveal the years he went to college or the years he graduated. Strange. If anyone can find those dates, please post them. They aren't on his campaign website nor on Wikipedia.

I'm feeling so much "Deja Vue" here.

http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/car1bio-1 No dates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson No dates

https://www.bencarson.com/meet-ben No dates

No dates about when he graduated from high school, when he went to Yale, when he went to Michigan Medical School or when he went to John Hopkins.

Strange.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...en-carson-boom

Bloomberg Politics Focus Groups: What's Powering the Ben Carson Boom

Despite never holding elected office, or perhaps because of that fact, the retired neurosurgeon has managed to impress many Republican voters.
    Kendall Breitman

October 8, 2015 — 6:00 AM EDT

Focus Groups: Iowa, NH Republicans Explain Carson Appeal

What explains the appeal of Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who, despite never having held political office, is mounting a serious challenge for the Republican presidential nomination?

Simultaneous focus groups conducted by Bloomberg Politics’ Mark Halperin and John Heilemann in Iowa and New Hampshire on Monday shed light on that question, and may help explain the doctor's strong polling numbers.

When asked to describe Carson, participants in the focus groups called him “deep,” “thoughtful,” “intelligent,” “measured,” “true to himself,” “someone you can trust,” and “calm.”

“He seems like he’d be more of a—a soothing balm,” Judi, a custodian from Iowa, said.

“I think there’s nothing common anymore about common sense. And I think he has the mentality that he can look at an issue, carefully weigh the facts, and make sound decisions,” Scott, a who manages subcontractors for defense control in New Hampshire, said.

Indeed, Carson’s lack of business experience seems to be a draw, and the focus-group participants cited his unique background as evidence that he may be able to address problems from a different angle.

“I think his brilliance would help us solve problems thinking outside the box,” said Marie, a teacher and librarian from New Hampshire, where a majority of focus-group participants said they believed Carson would eventually become the Republican nominee.

In both early states, Carson has been climbing in the polls since August, just after the first nationally televised Republican presidential debate, and has been on the rise ever since. The outsider candidate has now risen to third place in New Hampshire and second place in Iowa. In an election in which candidates lacking political experience are leading the pack, Carson, unlike rivals Donald Trump and Carly Fiorina, cannot point to a strong record of leadership in the business world. But when it comes to his appeal, participants in both focus groups pointed to his demeanor as a sign of strength.

Compared to the bombastic style of Trump, Carson presents voters with a Washington alternative who focus group participants believe is more likely to engage in diplomacy than name-calling.

“I really think he could create a much more peaceful world, just by sitting down with diplomacy and talking to people,” Marie said.

That's not to say Carson's own statements have always proved uncontroversial. He found himself roundly criticized after saying in late September that he “would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation.” But some of his focus-group supporters did not seem to care—in fact, many agreed.

New Hampshire participants were split on whether they agreed with Carson’s comments, but every participant in Iowa said they concurred, with some calling the comments “spot on."

“I’m not saying I couldn’t ever get that, and I’m not saying that I—there couldn’t be an intelligent, very well-spoken Muslim as president someday,” Aaron, a teacher from Iowa, said. He added, “It would be hard to trust that at this point.”

But Carson’s perceived strength as an untested outsider could also be his weakness.

“I’m not so sure he is qualified,” Jessie, who works in real estate in New Hampshire, said. “I think that he seems like a genuinely good man, I think that he’s a smart man, I think that he could do wonders in local politics, and I think that honestly he should stick to that. I don’t think that in the Oval Office he would be good, I don’t think he necessarily has the demeanor to get things done.”

His temperament, too, has raised alarms for some, with a handful of participants calling for a “less passive” version of Carson with “a little bit more edge.”

“If I could create this, I don’t know, super awesome candidate, that was Ben and Trump put together, because if Ben Carson could use some of Trump’s fire with his diplomacy in which he talks with, that would be a—it would be almost an open-shut case,” Aaron said.

The focus groups were organized by independent polling firm Purple Strategies. Participants came from the Manchester, New Hampshire, and Des Moines, Iowa, areas and represented a variety of ages and socio-economic and educational backgrounds. They agreed to be quoted without their last names. Qualitative research results cannot be statistically analyzed or projected onto the broader population at large. As is customary, respondents were compensated for their participation.

For much more from Bloomberg Politics’ focus groups, watch With All Due Respect on Bloomberg TV and BloombergPolitics.com Thursday at 5 p.m. ET.

Calm soothing Ben Carson, who wants to tax poor people so he can pay less, and supports end of life Death Panels established by the government to determine who lives and who dies, right before he sends the armed robber over to you.
    Last edited by Judy; 10-11-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Oh boy, and the search is on:

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/opinion/...y-claim/22774/

Baltimore Police can find no records to support Ben Carson’s robbery claim
    By Cara Harris | October 9, 2015

Ben Carson claimed this week that he was once held at gunpoint at a Popeye’s chicken restaurant in Baltimore, and that he survived by telling the gunman to go focus on the cashier instead of himself. If that story isn’t disturbing enough on its face, the idea that he acted so selfishly and is now bragging about it, Carson may have another problem: the Baltimore Police Department says it can find no record of the supposed incident.

While numerous Americans have been robbed at gunpoint at some point in their lives, Ben Carson has had a difficult time getting mainstream Americans to believe his story. The primary reason: he’s made so many absurd statements about everything from slavery to the Holocaust to magic cancer cures to his disbelief in gravity, that many are unsure whether anything he says can be taken at face value. That prompted the media to try to confirm his story.

In response to those requests, the Baltimore PD posted via their official Twitter account that they can’t find any evidence of a “police report in reference to the incident.” That doesn’t mean the incident doesn’t happen. But with an unhinged candidate like Ben Carson making increasingly bizarre claims by the day, it would have helped his credibility if anyone could confirm that the supposed robbery really happened. But there’s the question: what’s more disturbing, the idea that Carson made up this story to try to promote his pro-gun agenda, or the possibility that this disturbing story really did happen? There’s also the question of what a vegetarian like Ben Carson was supposedly doing in a chicken restaurant.

I have some questions for Ben Carson.

1. How did you afford to go to Yale? Did you receive scholarship and/or use financial aid? Yale is very expensive, so I am just wondering how you could afford to go to Yale if you were raised in the poverty you claim. Did your father help you or contribute at all after the divorce?

2. How did you afford to go to Michigan Medical School? Same thing? Financial aid, student loans, and so forth?

3. Did you mother need to use welfare to assist with living expenses or did she have alimony and child support from your father? After all he was a Pastor and sometimes they have rather good incomes.

4. Did your wife Candy, who also graduated from Yale, work after you all graduated? Did she help pay for your medical school? That's often the case when one is graduated and working when the other one wants to continue their education further. And if she worked, what did she do? Did she also go to Yale on scholarship and/or financial aid assistance?

5. How long did it take you and Candy to pay off your students loans if you used them?

JUDY
    I DID NOT LIKE HIM AT ALL HE MAY HAVE COME OUT OF THE WOOD WORK

Ben is another waste of time candidate - not presidential material, incompetent for the position. Very nice person but not a job for him.