Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ben Carson turned down role in Trump's cabinet

Ben Carson turned down role in Trump's cabinet as he said he had 'no government experience'

Mr Carson said: 'Having me as a federal bureaucrat would be like a fish out of water, quite frankly'

The Christian and retired neurosurgeon said he did not want to bring down the Trump government with his lack of experience Getty Images

Retired neurosurgeon and former presidential candidate Ben Carson reportedly turned down a high-profile role in Donald Trump’s government as he had "no government experience" and did not want to bring down his ally’s presidency.

Mr Carson’s close friend and business manager, Armstrong Williams, told The Hill that Mr Carson would only serve as an unofficial adviser.

Despite reports hat he had been offered the role of secretary of health and human services, Mr Williams said "everything was open to him" - and he refused.

• READ MORE

At RNC 2016 Ben Carson says being transgender is like changing race

"Dr Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency," he said.

"The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency."

The retired surgeon in Florida told The Washington Post: "The way I’m leaning is to work from the outside and not from the inside.

"I want to have the freedom to work on many issues and not be pigeonholed into one particular area."

He said he would be tempted to reconsider his stance if Mr Trump "absolutely needed him", but he added:

"Having me as a federal bureaucrat would be like a fish out of water, quite frankly."

READ MORE

Mr Carson quit the presidential race in March.
    He has since looked for other ways to make an impact outside of politics, including his Christian group called My Faith Votes.

Mr Trump has not yet announced any cabinet appointments. He has come under fire for making Breitbart News executive chairman Stephen Bannon his chief strategist, and placing Washington establishment figure Reince Priebus as his chief of staff.

Mr Carson praised Mr Bannon as a "very smart and wise counselor".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7419226.html

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He wants his freedom and I totally understand that. There was talk yesterday about Michelle Ree (spelling), the head of the DC school system who engineered some great new ideas to improve student learning and performance, as a possible candidate for Secretary of Education.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn