Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ben Nelson to vote NO on Cloture?

When my husband was driving to work, he heard on Bill Bennett that Ben Nelson has said he will vote NO for Cloture on Thursday. Did anyone else hear this? If it ends up being true there is one to come over to our side.

I am including him in my calls today and will post when I find anything out.

Nicole

Re: Ben Nelson to vote NO on Cloture?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    When my husband was driving to work, he heard on Bill Bennett that Ben Nelson has said he will vote NO for Cloture on Thursday. Did anyone else hear this? If it ends up being true there is one to come over to our side.

I am including him in my calls today and will post when I find anything out.

Nicole
    Great information Nicole, will we have to see what we can find out about that!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I called Sen Nelson's DC office and spoke to a gentleman who said he has not heard anything about this and the senator has not made up his mind yet. I will call the other offices as well.

we need a solid confirm on this.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nicole, they just told me the same thing, that he was waiting to hear the amendments, you report what the other offices are saying then I'll call and see if we are getting the same answers.

From the answer I just got, he still needs alot of hounding, we have to keep the pressure on and let them know how mad we are, and we only have 2 days.

I almost don't trust them now, to tell us one thing and do another, all the ones that have been leaning we should keep up the pressure.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Ok here is what I got.

Omaha Office-spoke to Anna. He is against the FINAL BILL, but does not believe in holding the bill up through "procedural tactics". So vote will probobly be YES on cloture.

Lincoln Office-spoke to a gentleman, pretty much the same. He "always" votes for cloture regardless of the issue.

Scottsbluff and Kearney Offices-got machine, left messages.

South Sioux City Office-spoke to a gentleman who relayed basically the same message as above. He is against and will vote against the actual bill. However, he "always" votes for cloture regardless of the issue because he believes in a staight up or down vote and not in being an "obstructionist".

I relayed to all that a vote for cloture will be a vote for the bill and to please vote NO.

So it appears we really need to hammer him and let him know that YES on Cloture equates to YES on amnesty.

Nicole

Gut feeling is the tide is changing and this bll won't stand a chance.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Ok here is what I got.

Omaha Office-spoke to Anna. He is against the FINAL BILL, but does not believe in holding the bill up through "procedural tactics". So vote will probobly be YES on cloture.

Lincoln Office-spoke to a gentleman, pretty much the same. He "always" votes for cloture regardless of the issue.

Scottsbluff and Kearney Offices-got machine, left messages.

South Sioux City Office-spoke to a gentleman who relayed basically the same message as above. He is against and will vote against the actual bill. However, he "always" votes for cloture regardless of the issue because he believes in a staight up or down vote and not in being an "obstructionist".

I relayed to all that a vote for cloture will be a vote for the bill and to please vote NO.

So it appears we really need to hammer him and let him know that YES on Cloture equates to YES on amnesty.

Nicole
    OK Nicloe,

Omaha....Said he wanted the bill to be debated, but there was alot he did not like about it the way it is. So I said, does he plan on voteing NO on cloture, she said we are not sure yet. I said please tell him the people want him to vote no on cloture as this illegal immigration is destroying our towns and the cost is astromomical to the American people.

Lincoln...Same and pressed the issue for him to vote no on cloture that this is what 80% of the citizens expect from our congress.

Scottsbluff.. left message

Kearney.... same thing and I pressed the fact that 80% of citizens want or Senators to vote NO no cloture, said he would pass on the message to the DC office.

South S....Got the same thing you did must have talked to the same person But I gave the same speech about 80% son on and so forth and asked for him to please tell the Senator to vote NO.

So looks like they are sticking to their story!! He is one we need to keep the pressure on along with Boxer, Bingaman., Menendez and Webb they are the skeptial ones, then we need to keep on the other 9 to make sure they don't chang their vote.

So we know we have to CALL, CALL, CALL , fax and e-mail and don't let up as long as their is 1 minute left!!

Nicole here is a new activism thread if you would like to join us!!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 017#402017

Unfortunately, at least from what a staff member told me this morning, Sen. Nelson will vote for cloture (again), but against the final bill.

Needless to say, I expressed my disappoitment as we all know that if he really opposed this bill, he will vote no on cloture tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast