Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bienvenidos to Changing Demographics!

Ok, so I am a retailer for horse equipment both English and Western. This month two major trade mags came in the mail and BOTH had articles such as this one:

http://read.equestrianretailer.com/SS/P ... ing=false&

Front cover says HOLA! to Changing Demographics! in big yellow letters! It is about how the hispanic market can make you BIG bucks. Tells all about what to get, what they like, how to talk to them (be sure to hire bi-lingual!), the colors, styles, themes and brands they go for. The extent to which manufacturers like Wrangler have gone into this study is mind boggling, but they came up with some very interesting, but scary statistics. I had never heard some of this before! Wrangler is even launching a new line of boots, hats, hatbands etc aimed directly at hispanics. So yes, even in the Equestrian industry there is some major hispandering going on.

I was floored when I got this issue and then the other mag with the same theme

http://www.tackntogs.com/ME2/Default.asp

Anyway, I am tempted to write them a letter telling them what is on my mind, and I wondered what other dealers around the country are thinking of this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Anyway, I am tempted to write them a letter telling them what is on my mind, and I wondered what other dealers around the country are thinking of this.
    Unfortunately they are probably thinking $$$. That's why we are in this mess we find ourselves in today with the illegal invaders.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This puts a whole new meaning to the saying "Eques keppus brokeus"

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Unfortunately they are probably thinking $$$. That's why we are in this mess we find ourselves in today with the illegal invaders.
    I know, my thoughts exactly as I was reading it. The statistics quoted in this article gave me a sick feeling-they were even more shocking to me than the fact that the article was even printed in this trade mag....

AE

That is just typical of big business. Do whatever it takes for the almighty dollar, even seel out your country for it. Yes, you should call and give them a HUGE piece of your mind.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

What gets to me is the circular logic that you can hear from the amnesty advocates.

We should grant amnesty because the Latinos are the fastest growing ethnic group... which means they are going to be the largest... so we had better give them what they want now... by allowing in limitless Latino immigration.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    What gets to me is the circular logic that you can hear from the amnesty advocates.

We should grant amnesty because the Latinos are the fastest growing ethnic group... which means they are going to be the largest... so we had better give them what they want now... by allowing in limitless Latino immigration.
    Exactly.....more hispandering. Make things just as THEY like it and specialty marketing JUST for them. It's unfair......

Is there a difference in an Hispanic cowboy hat and boots from an American cowboy hat and boots?

I just have to wonder if Hispanics ever get tired of not being just an Americans.....

Unless you are speaking of illegal then there is no way to get around Illegal alien, be it Hispanic, or Irish!! Sorry, but that is a fact as much as some out there would like to change that, illegal is illegal!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

They must have done the research for this article before AZ, OK, and GA passed their immigration enforcement laws. I think there will be a lot less Hispanic cowboys in the USA than what they expect.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Is there a difference in an Hispanic cowboy hat and boots from an American cowboy hat and boots?

I just have to wonder if Hispanics ever get tired of not being just an Americans.....

Unless you are speaking of illegal then there is no way to get around Illegal alien, be it Hispanic, or Irish!! Sorry, but that is a fact as much as some out there would like to change that, illegal is illegal!
    SoSad, it seemed the article was saying that they like different colors in thier boots and hats (they have a preference for white cowboy hats and have no problem dropping some major pesos for them) and they seem to prefer pointy-toed boots as opposed to a square toe.

They (a company called HatCo) are also marketing a Virgin of Guadelupe (or something like that) figure to go INTO the inside of thier hats! Stetson is also marketing a line called "Tigre" Hat bands. Here is a link to a dealer selling that.

http://www.danswesternwear.com/product3192.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast