Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    opinion - Welcome aboard!

You expressed yourself just fine. It's especially nice to hear someone coming in from another country, not only doing a good job at the 'English thing', but also joining the effort - it's very encouraging indeed!

As a side, I'll admit that just before I logged on here, I had my hands on my guitar this evening and was playing a tune by a guy named Tarrega (I know, you who that is) - it doesn't get any more Spanish than that!
    (the tune was 'Recuerdos de la Alhambra' if you're curious...)

Well, that's I'll say - welcome! Thanks for helping 'the cause'.
    Hi PhredE, thank you, and as I said before, all these warm welcomes really make me feel at home. I was on my way out of here when I saw your post, I almost left it to answer tomorrow but I couldn'd resist when I saw the word guitar Of course I know who he is, my husband doesn't know Spanish, but he loves that music, I have some of his music.
    I will be back tomorrow, good night.

Hello opinion!

You brought up something we rarely hit on in here. We know our education system is being abused but we rarely talk about eliminating education for illegal immigrants. We talk about the Dream Acts and that illegals want to bilk us for college educations too. We also talk about English as a Second Language Classes(ESL). We rarely talk about stopping the abuse. We seem to recognize the problem, but really don't face the solutions. We should deny them educations. Also, the US is not the only country Mexico does this to. Children cross Mexico's southern border daily to go to school.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Hello opinion!

You brought up something we rarely hit on in here. We know our education system is being abused but we rarely talk about eliminating education for illegal immigrants. We talk about the Dream Acts and that illegals want to bilk us for college educations too. We also talk about English as a Second Language Classes(ESL). We rarely talk about stopping the abuse. We seem to recognize the problem, but really don't face the solutions. We should deny them educations. Also, the US is not the only country Mexico does this to. Children cross Mexico's southern border daily to go to school.

Dixie
    As a teacher, I can tell you there is a big problem occurring. My system does not have the money to provide the number of ESL teachers needed. It does affect my science classes and I am very frustrated and angry over it. I love my students, all of them, but I feel that it is very unfair to sacrifice so much to educate the children of illegals at the expense of the legal children's education. I have several students that I know are the children of illegals....they disappear for a couple of weeks then return far behind the rest of my class. If you ask them where they've been, the response is often "to visit my grandmother" and sometimes they slip up and say "in Mexico". Some miss a day and when I ask for their homework they say "I didn't get to do it because I was at the doctor with my mother...she doesn't speak English so I have to help her." Yes, this happens on a weekly basis. I am not allowed to do anything about it. Now, if a student misses a certain number of days in the school year, the parents are required to come sign papers at the school, then given a warning that their child could be dismissed and the parents could be held accountable. Of course, certain parents do not show up to sign these papers due to fear of being caught here illegally. It's a shame what is going on in our education systems. I could go on and tell you much more, but I'll leave it at that for now.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Of course, certain parents do not show up to sign these papers due to fear of being caught here illegally.
    What are the consequences when the parents don't show up? Are the students expelled or the parents reported?
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

wavtek,
    supposedly it is reported to DHR. I will try to find out more from a counselor at my school.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

it is very convinient for them to have children born in this country, because they get the permanent status, and the more children they have, more money they get.
    [quote]

I know what your saying. I had to go to the Dept. of Health to get a birth certificate for preschool for my grandson yesterday. There were at least 15 hispanic parents ALL with infants and at least 2 other young children. No one spoke english. I suspose I cant say they are illegal because they had anchor babies. When I get behind the shcool bus in the morning about 85% of the children getting on are hispanic. Our local headstart is 95% hispanic children. Where the average number of children born to US citizens has decreased, I notice most hispanic families at the supermarket have 3-6 children with them.

I cant imagine how difficult it is to be teacher or health care provider.

When I hear pro-illegals saying that they will take over because they are the ones making babies and whites are not well there is a good reason. Legal Americans (most of them) are not irresponsible and mass producing children they simply cannot afford and going to another country to milk the system.
    "What part of illegal don't you understand?"

Quote Originally Posted by pandabear
    When I hear pro-illegals saying that they will take over because they are the ones making babies and whites are not well there is a good reason. Legal Americans (most of them) are not irresponsible and mass producing children they simply cannot afford and going to another country to milk the system.
    That's it - plain and simple, that's it!!!!

Add that to a religion which tells them that it's wrong to practice birth control, and guess what, you have a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear
    That's it - plain and simple, that's it!!!!

Add that to a religion which tells them that it's wrong to practice birth control, and guess what, you have a mess.
    If religion is telling them its wrong to use birth control why are they finding condoms in the desert?

"What part of illegal don't you understand?"

If religion is telling them its wrong to use birth control why are they finding condoms in the desert?
    Oh, they use plenty of birth control. They WANT the babies. Having children is a sort of "social security" for them. Their children can climb the fence and milk the U.S. when they're too old to do it anymore.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast