Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    In many places, Americans can't get a job unless they speak Spanish. That isn't a good sign, either.
    It is true, more and more employment ads are discriminating against English speakers by stating bi-lingual preferred or is a requirement. And of course they mean Spanish speakers. This is an outrage because this is an English speaking country! I would love to see a lawsuit filed by an English speaker who is being discriminated against in their own country this way.

It is true, more and more employment ads are discriminating against English speakers by stating bi-lingual preferred or is a requirement.
    I AM bilingual, but Spanish isn't my second language. And I know a couple people from Houston who put on job applications that they are bilingual then got fired because they didn't speak Spanish. apparently the employers don't speak English either or they would know that "bi-lingual" doesn't just mean Spanish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is true, more and more employment ads are discriminating against English speakers by stating bi-lingual preferred or is a requirement.
    I AM bilingual, but Spanish isn't my second language. And I know a couple people from Houston who put on job applications that they are bilingual then got fired because they didn't speak Spanish. apparently the employers don't speak English either or they would know that "bi-lingual" doesn't just mean Spanish.
    Exactly! When these ads say bi-lingual preferred they are referrring to Spanish speakers. It is out and out discrimination against English speakers in this English speaking country. A lot of it is due to the illegal immigration problem from Mexico and legal latinos that want to be catered to in the Spanish language.

How would they feel if us English speakers moved down to Mexico and took jobs away from the Mexicans just because we refused to learn Spanish and want to be catered to in English?

In NC, I am hearing the Greenville news station whining on behalf of the illegals about how it is so difficult for them to get jobs without speaking English. Still, you never hear one peep out of the El Paso media on behalf of the Americans they turn down for jobs because they don't speak Spanish.

I have been personally turned down for jobs on that Spanish issue. They claim it is NOT discrimination because they have so many Spanish speaking clients and customers. But what I can't understand is why places like Walmart can turn ME down for not speaking spanish yet they won't turn down an hispanic who doesn't speak English. I guess they don't value their English speaking customers. Nice, huh? That is OK-- I have more money to spend than their Spanish speaking customers and I save it up to spend in NC when I come home or in other places I visit during the year. I refuse to do any more business than I absolutely have to (and about all I have to buy in TX is groceries) with a state that thinks English speaking people aren't valuable.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In NC, I am hearing the Greenville news station whining on behalf of the illegals about how it is so difficult for them to get jobs without speaking English. Still, you never hear one peep out of the El Paso media on behalf of the Americans they turn down for jobs because they don't speak Spanish.

I have been personally turned down for jobs on that Spanish issue. They claim it is NOT discrimination because they have so many Spanish speaking clients and customers. But what I can't understand is why places like Walmart can turn ME down for not speaking spanish yet they won't turn down an hispanic who doesn't speak English. I guess they don't value their English speaking customers. Nice, huh? That is OK-- I have more money to spend than their Spanish speaking customers and I save it up to spend in NC when I come home or in other places I visit during the year. I refuse to do any more business than I absolutely have to (and about all I have to buy in TX is groceries) with a state that thinks English speaking people aren't valuable.
    But what created this need for Spanish speaking workers? Illegal immigration and latinos that want to be catered to in their own language. It is unfair that English speaking Americans are being discriminated against in hiring practices in their own country because of the above two phenomenons. This is an English speaking country, these people should be adapting to our language not the other way around. I personally am sick of it. Why our government and businesses are favoring these foreigners over American citizens is beyond me. It is a plot do do away with middle class America and import third world illiterates for the cheap labor and our heritage, culture and language be damned!

Schools

I noticed in my local paper this morning(NC) that our schools have a migrant worker fair each year at a local school. They do this to let families of migrant workers know about the tax supported services available to them. This situation is obviously done in the name of humanity loaded with all the trappings of political correctness. God forbid someone questions the legal status of these "migrants" and be labeled an intolerant beast.

http://www.reflector.com/local/content/ ... tival.html

Steve H

In California the high school state exam was cancelled ? because Latinos took it 6 times and failed . The level of education in US is already declining , but it will be even worse when the standards are lowered to adjust people who do not care / or are not able / to learn English .
    They should be placed in special classes for children with learning disabilities . Instead , they are trying to adjust the system to accomodate people who are not capable to learn , so they can graduate properly . This is a very detrimental sign.
    Values , especially educational should be reinforced and promoted , instead of promoting stupidity and ignorance .
    Good news , the gay/lesbian " marriage " was banned by the president
    / new amendment / .
    I think that the Constitution needs more amendments / maybe there are already there , I do not know it well , sorry .
    #1 - English is the only official language of the country . The rest of world languages are respected , but not official
    #2 - The educational standards are set according to the intellect of a middle class American , not adjusting to the intellect of a Mexican , who probably never went to primary school
    #3 - people coming here illegally violating the laws considered and treated as burglars entering house without permission and disregarding the real owner's rights . They should be sent to the point of their return , placed in line with others waiting for visas and the only " amnesty " would be - the allowance of reentry despite the prior violation of US immigration laws but only after all the check ups are done and the person proves that he/she could be helpful to the society .
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    Anymore where I live, I am more likely to hear Spanish spoken than English. If thats not a sure sign of a takeover of the United States by latinos, then I don't know what is. They do not care about our language or our culture or our identity as a nation. In fact they are hostile towards all of it. We can thank the millions of illegal aliens that have entered our country from Mexico for that and our idiot politicians for allowing this to happen.
    I agree Oldglory. And I am sick and tired of politicians giving them SPECIAL TREATMENT because they want their votes.
    And remember that whiney, sniveling, and spineless Senator Reid of Nevada, calling everyone a racist because they wanted English to be the national language?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    Anymore where I live, I am more likely to hear Spanish spoken than English. If thats not a sure sign of a takeover of the United States by latinos, then I don't know what is. They do not care about our language or our culture or our identity as a nation. In fact they are hostile towards all of it. We can thank the millions of illegal aliens that have entered our country from Mexico for that and our idiot politicians for allowing this to happen.
    I agree Oldglory. And I am sick and tired of politicians giving them SPECIAL TREATMENT because they want their votes.
    And remember that whiney, sniveling, and spineless Senator Reid of Nevada, calling everyone a racist because they wanted English to be the national language?
    I don't understand why they are so concerned about the Hispanic vote either. Whites and Blacks still outnumber them in this country. Besides why are legal Hispanics for illegal immigration anyway? I know the answer to that question however, as most Hispanics are ethnically driven. They choose foreigners whose bloodlines are like theirs rather than their fellow American citizens. Thats why I dont' like to see Hispanics in politics in this country either.

Reid is an idiot. Making English the official language of this country is not racist. Is it racist for Mexico to have Spanish as their official language then? English is an identifying part of our heritage and culture. We should be denied this?

Is it racist for Mexico to have Spanish as their official language then?
    Now there is a darn good question!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast