Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bill Frist's response to me

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding comprehensive immigration reform. It is an honor to serve you as the Majority Leader of the United States Senate and a privilege to respond to your concerns.

Today there are 10 to 12 million undocumented aliens living in the United States, and many Americans believe that our immigration policies are in need of serious review. As a nation of immigrants who honor the rule of law, I believe we must make it a priority to secure our borders as a part of any effort to reform our immigration policies.

In order to address this issue I have introduced S. 2454, the Securing America’s Border Act, a billion-dollar down payment that focuses on border security and interior law enforcement and will enable the Senate to pursue comprehensive immigration reform. My proposal will add resources to border protection, give our immigration-enforcement officials new legal tools, invest in physical barriers and electronic surveillance equipment at the borders and make it easier for employers to ensure that they hire only citizens and legal residents. We need to make these investments because maintaining a secure border ranks among the most fundamental missions of any sovereign nation

While our country needs security at our borders in order to slow the flow of illegal immigration and enhance our national security, we still need to do more. A majority of the people who enter America illegally, after all, come here to work. Among other things, the full Senate will need to address ways we can balance security interests with our economy's labor needs. In the long term, our government needs to work on policies that encourage democracy and prosperity abroad which will also address our immigration crisis by reducing the number of people who feel that coming to the United States is their only option.

Let me be clear, I do not support amnesty, but I do understand the labor challenges facing our nation, and, as Majority Leader, I will continue to work with my colleagues to address this critical problem in the 109th Congress. On the basis of sound immigration policy, we can protect our borders, and continue to welcome legal immigrants, and in doing both we will improve the lives of all Americans.

Sincerely,

William H. Frist, M.D.
    Majority Leader
    United States Senate

P.S. Please visit http://frist.senate.gov to register for my e-mail newsletter.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

How very special. I have three of those so far. I love their canned speeches.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YEs, I've got one too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Let me be clear, I do not support amnesty, but i do understand the labor challenges facing our Nation"

The Senator just blinked as far as i am concerned, there's also a big difference between" I do not support Amnesty" as opposed to "I will not support Amnesty" Sounds to me like Senator is planning on making concessions. I hope im wrong, but i doubt it.
    Member of New York*Chapter of Veterans of Foreign Wars.
    Member of*10th Mountain Division Assco.

I just got a letter from Senator Sarbanes. In one blahblah swoop he states: "Only practical, comprehensive reform will be able to address the fundamental problems that exist under our current immigration system". In other words, they want to make AMNESTY appear its the humane thing to do.
    What a bunch of NOTHING all dressed up.
    COMPREHENSIVE = AMNESTY
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Today there are 10 to 12 million undocumented aliens
    He won't even call them what they are, illegal aliens. He's a globalist, in patriot's clothing.

REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

They're diddling with the meaning of AMNESTY.

Hi Butterbean, how ya doin?

I think the senate is diddling with the meaning of the word amnesty with the intention of ultimately granting amnesty and claiming it isn't amnesty. They want to brainwash constituents into believing the piece of paper isn't amnesty.

My handwritten letters to Senators included.....

No amnesty in any form
    No concessions to illegals
    No guest or visa status
    No citizenship

McCain and Kennedy were lying thru their teeth on CNN last night "Oh noooo, it isn't amnesty, blah blah" But their bill is an amnesty bill per se' What they're doing is lying to the public. Well, Kennedy is a very effective liar - it kept him out of prison.

Recommendation: Be very detailed in explaining how
    you don't condone any form of amnesty.

Butterbean, nice avatar, my cat likes it!

Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Plausible Deniablelity and Parsing words, it's whats for Breakfast on the beltway these days
    Member of New York*Chapter of Veterans of Foreign Wars.
    Member of*10th Mountain Division Assco.