Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BILL GATES!!! WANTS MEXICO

Bill Gates backs immigration reform on Mexico trip
    Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:57am ET

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, the world's richest man, said on Tuesday the United States should reform its immigration laws and give more flexibility to higher-skilled foreign workers.

Speaking at a conference in Mexico, the birthplace of millions of immigrants to the United States, Gates said reforms "would be helpful so we are predictable, so we are clear."

"I'm a big believer that as much as possible, and there's obviously political limitations, freedom of migration is a good thing," Gates told reporters.

Visiting Mexico last week, President Bush reiterated his support for an overhaul of immigration laws that would include a temporary guest worker program.

Reuters Pictures

Editors Choice: Best pictures
    from the last 24 hours.
    View Slideshow

Mexicans make up more than half of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States. Mexico is upset at U.S. plans to build a security fence along parts of the border to curb illegal crossings.

Tens of thousands of Mexicans sneak into the United States every year in search of work, mainly manual jobs in fields, factories and restaurants.

Gates, who runs a foundation with his wife that is the world's largest charity, said flexibility of movement for higher-skilled workers was especially important for his global company.

"I think every country in the world should make it easier for people with high skills to come in," he said.

In a recent address to a U.S. Senate committee, Gates said scientists and engineers from India and China working at his giant software firm routinely waited more than five years to get a U.S. green card.

© Reuters

TELL ME WHY HE THINKS THESE PEOPLE ARE "SKILLED"??????????

freedom of migration
    It sounds like we have a new amnesty phrase for illegals.

Bill you can have mexico. This will satisfy your lust for all the cheap labor you can handle.
    Take your crappy microsoft products with you POR FAVOR!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

April
    "I'm a big believer that as much as possible, and there's obviously political limitations, freedom of migration is a good thing," Gates told reporters.
    Yes, for all the greedy corporations and power mongers, NOT FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE! WE SAY NO!

"I think every country in the world should make it easier for people with high skills to come in," he said.
    I think... you're wrong. And, I have 2 more degrees than you. :P
    It might satisfy one globalist billionaire's agenda for remaking the world's economy toward his goals, but how does it affect the millions of people in industries like his?

In a recent address to a U.S. Senate committee, Gates said scientists and engineers from India and China working at his giant software firm routinely waited more than five years to get a U.S. green card.
    So what? There is no Constitutional right to a fast green card. File your application, wait in line, show up when you're number is called. End of story.

In fact, isn't the average time it takes to complete a CS degree about 5-5.5 years? And, let's see, that importing those foreign CS types takes 5 years....hmmm... does anyone see the obvious point here (we can 'grow our own' in the same amount of time...) Of course, then Mr. Gates and others like him, would be forced to deal with the problem of why native US students aren't CHOOSING to go into the CS area... That, of course, is a different issue altogether.

Even better, what are the repercussions or excuses when these people aren't hired in the way these guys want? "They are going to go work for the competition? No, there really isn't any (well, not enough for this poster). M$ owns about 85%-90% of the desktop O/S market. 'If we don't allow them in, they will get outsourcing jobs in their home countries', well, that's already taking place and M$ is doing that too. Actually, in a 'global' sense, one of the best things that could happen, is for all those foreign engineers to start up their own company to compete with M$, make a stable and successful O/S. There's a name for that - it's called 'capitalism' and market forces... you should try it Mr. Gates.

What is being presented is a false choice - rather than changing the law(s) to fit one companies greedy and specific aims, allow the natural market forces to have their 'say' under current law (existing worker importation limits). If it means there is a shortage of skilled workers here, let salaries rise, more people will be attracted to the industry, and your shortage will ultimately go away.

So, having said all the above, is it really about a worker shortage, or something else? My guess, is: something else (hint: slavery).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In case anyone here, isn't aware :

www.arrested.com/399820.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I'm a big believer that as much as possible, and there's obviously political limitations, freedom of migration is a good thing," Gates told reporters[while his ass was firmly planted in a place in the United States accessible to the rich that still "seems" to be America]
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    In case anyone here, isn't aware :

www.arrested.com/399820.html

Bill Gates achieved his American dream and now wants to put up a gate to block Americans from achieving their American dream. I guess it's fashionable to help everyone but Americans.

I'm not impressed with M.S. software, I've used much better in the past before Bill Gates monopolized the market with his crap. From now on I will make sure any of my future purchases will not profit Bill Gates.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Gates, who runs a foundation with his wife that is the world's largest charity, said flexibility of movement for higher-skilled workers was especially important for his global company.

Yes Gates got his American dream. I dont see anywhere in that story were he said other Americans couldnt either. He says the word foreign or immigrant and everyone makes a big deal and freaks out thinking hes excluding Americans here when hes not. Are you going to call him a traitor now? We can all achive something. Dont talk about greed when you want everything only for yourself like " only us only Americans can" Hello were already here, if you want an American dream lets make it happen and stop complaining.

And why dose he think THESE ppl are smart??? What only ppl born here in the U.S. can be smart? Open your eyes ppl!! There is a whole world out there!! ppl with problems like ours and ppl with wayyyyy bigggggger problems than ours. Lets thank God we dont have suicide, car bombs often here. There is smart people every where. Gates is the richest man in the world right? I think he knows a little something about being smart.......Thats why he is were he is.
    <div align="center">"The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you,"
    </div>

<u><div align="center"><u>WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG</u></div></u>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast