Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

O'Reilly really makes me ill on EVERY level!

In fact FOX News is unwatchable now. There's something new called "RED EYE" or something like that...and it is totally unwatchable.

I can't believe that FOX has resurrected Geraldo! That is really the sign of true desperation.

Almost forgot...I sorta like John Gibson and Shepard Smith...but that's it.

For me, it's only Lou Dobbs now. Thank God for Lou...I hope he is taking good care of himself because we need him now more than ever.

I really think the entire television industry is getting ready for the onslaught of tens of millions more illiterate viewers who only want tabloid and reality based insanity. I'm so happy I haven't invested in a 60" Plasma! I'm back to the old Radio Days!

And yet a week or so ago, O'Reilly inexplicably said to Geraldo that we cannot allow whites to become a minority in this country. Go figure.

Re: Bill O'Reilly: Culture Warrior or Turncoat to Mass-Media

Quote Originally Posted by LynnS
    Anyone else think that O'Reilly has, um, changed his tune in the past 10 days or so?

When you changed your opinion, you announced that you were accepting the Comprehensive Immigration Bill, better known as The Grand Bargain, or in the real world, "AMNESTY". .

I thought he'd changed, especially after the McCain interview. He let him slide on all the double-speak. But when I checked my mail this evening, this was in it.

O'Reilly: Immigration bill supporters want to "change the complexion" of America

On the May 29 edition of his nationally syndicated radio program, host Bill O'Reilly asserted that the proposed immigration reform bill is supported by "people who hate America, and they hate it because it's run primarily by white, Christian men. Let me repeat that. America is run primarily by white, Christian men, and there is a segment of our population who hates that, despises that power structure." He continued: "So they, under the guise of being compassionate, want to flood the country with foreign nationals, unlimited, unlimited, to change the complexion -- pardon the pun -- of America. Now, that's hatred, too." O'Reilly later asserted that The New York Times "want[s] to change the white, Christian male power structure" and later concluded: "So you've got racism on the anti-Latino front, and you have racism on the anti-Christian, white male front. Aha! Isn't that interesting?"

As Media Matters for America documented, O'Reilly has previously warned that pro-immigration activists want to alter the racial demographics of the United States. During the April 11, 2006, edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly said of New York City Councilman Charles Barron: "[T]he bottom line is Charles Barron said last night is there is a movement in this country to wipe out 'white privilege' and to have the browning of America." In the April 11 interview with O'Reilly on Westwood One's The Radio Factor, Barron at no point claimed that he and other advocates for immigrant rights are motivated by a desire to force white Americans into the minority -- despite O'Reilly's repeated efforts to provoke such an acknowledgment.

From the May 29 edition of Westwood One's The Radio Factor with Bill O'Reilly:

O'REILLY: OK, I think it's a small part, but I think it's there. On the other side, you have people who hate America, and they hate it because it's run primarily by white, Christian men. Let me repeat that. America is run primarily by white, Christian men, and there is a segment of our population who hates that, despises that power structure. So they, under the guise of being compassionate, want to flood the country with foreign nationals, unlimited, unlimited, to change the complexion -- pardon the pun -- of America. Now, that's hatred, too. It's a different kind of hatred, but it's hatred and best exemplified by The New York Times, which today says in its editorial, quote: "Those who want [the immigration] bill to be better are horribly conflicted by it. Their emotions still seem vastly overmatched by the ferocity of the opposition from the restrictionist right, with talk radio lighting up over 'amnesty,' callers spitting out the words with all the hate they can pour into it," unquote.

Now, this is a theme of The New York Times, that if you oppose the immigration bill that you hate Latinos. Now, there's a segment that does, but most oppose it on policy. They just think it's bad policy, rewarding bad behavior. Bad policy. But The New York Times, which is an open border, OK, let-everybody-in concern -- that's what they want, because they want a totally different power structure in America.

Number one, they realize that 40 million new citizens -- and that's, you know, probably the estimate that if you let all the illegal immigrants and all their extended families come here, which is what The New York Times want, would wipe out the two-party system. You'd only have a Democratic party, because new immigrants are probably gonna break 3-to-1 Democrat, and that's what The New York Times wants. But more than that, they want to change the white, Christian male power structure. That's what they want. (cont.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123