Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Billboard Gate Update! This just in! Changed Content on 5/6

Friends of ALIPAC:

I'm waiting on a return call from the station to find out what the changed content will be. I just received this email from Clear Channel.

"In response to community feedback, Clear Channel Outdoor
    spoke with the local advertiser and reached agreement on
    revised ad copy. That copy is expected to be posted by
    5/6/05. Anyone seeking further comment is invited
    to contact the TV station directly.
    Channel 62 phone 818-563-5722"

IN RESPONSE TO

Contact Information Name: William Gheen
    City:Raleigh
    State/ Country:NC
    Phone:919-787-6009
    Email: williamg@alipac.us

Message Content Clear Channel Communications Public Relations
    Department. Please verify that the billboard pictured at the link below
    is your property and creation. Many Americans would like to know what
    the message Los Angeles Mexico is supposed to mean as well. William
    Gheen President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) Clear
    Channel Billboard http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-2118-days0-orderasc-0.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I received the same e-mail in response to mine sent on April 25. A Google search of the sender's name shows that he is "Director of Public Affairs" for ClearChannel. My thought .. community feedback? HA! What a PC statement! More like community OUTRAGE!

In response to community feedback, Clear Channel Outdoor
    spoke with the local advertiser and reached agreement on
    revised ad copy. That copy is expected to be posted by
    5/6/05. Anyone seeking further comment is invited
    to contact the TV station directly.
    Channel 62 phone 818-563-5722

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 2:37 PM
    To: Outdoor Contact
    Subject: Billboard in Los Angeles for Channel 62.. KRCA

To Whom it May Concern:

I've learned today that Clear Channel Outdoors owns a billboard in Los Angeles on which Channel 62, KRCA-TV has purchased advertising space.

Can you confirm that the billboard below (link provided below) is indeed your property and that the advertising space was sold to KRCA?

You may wonder why I'm inquiring ... it's simple ... because I think it very curious and also very insulting for the city of Los Angeles, CA to have its name x'ed out and replaced with Mexico.

This still IS the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and I find this downright outrageous!

This goes beyond creative advertising and should be removed post haste!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/D ... co_sm1.jpg
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Folded like a house of cards they did ! Now I feel like saying 'keep them up' since they infuriate so many people. It makes it seem like they are getting involved because of it.

Of course, a major victory like this will REALLY get some attention us !

Thanks so much Mr. Gheen, the ground troops here in Los Angeles appreciate you, and especially your cameo's on saveourstate.org

I'm going on the Alex Jones show in a few minutes at 1:30pm EST and I will announce this news there! I will update this thread when we get a response from the TV station.

Watchman, if you want to pester them feel free. I dont think they are very keen on returning calls right now and they want to place everyone into voice mail. At least now, the person answering the phone and on the voicemail speaks English!

We can put this info on the homepage and release it once we confirm that the word MEXICO is coming OFF of those signs.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OldPreach.......... right on, lol!

William........collectively we can blow a hole through Congress by building on this growing strength.

Twice I called stating that I was inquiring about the billboard's content change. Both times I could barely get the words out before my call was transferred and I got the voice mail of "Lucy." Guess one could say "Lucy" is rather "snowed under" right now.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by watchman
    Twice I called stating that I was inquiring about the billboard's content change. Both times I could barely get the words out before my call was transferred and I got the voice mail of "Lucy." Guess one could say "Lucy" is rather "snowed under" right now.
    Sounds like Lucy is not too Lucky right now.

The receptionist told me she had been given no information and that everyone was in a meeting together right now and Liberman was out of the state. Sounds like they are back at the drawing board.

W

Make sure Lou Dobbs get this info.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    The receptionist told me she had been given no information and that everyone was in a meeting together right now and Liberman was out of the state. Sounds like they are back at the drawing board.

W
    Sounds like great news. Please keep us posted! I'm excited to hear the outcome of this.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast