September 04, 2015, 02:46 pm

Billy Corgan applauds Trump for 'f---ing' up the political class

By Neetzan Zimmerman

Getty Images
Legendary Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has joined a growing list of celebrities who are praising Donald Trump for shaking up the establishment with his unorthodox presidential campaign.

"I think what’s cool is Trump’s running chaos theory,” Corgan told fans at a VIP Q&A in Cincinnati.

"He’s forcing a lot of things out into the open, so they can’t control this, whatever that control is," Corgan continued. "It’s like the music business: Everybody gets controlled, and somebody comes along that f---s it all up.”

The singer-songwriter, who is currently on tour with the latest iteration of his iconic alternative rock group, said that while he may not agree with the Republican real-estate mogul politically, he appreciates his role in the 2016 election cycle.
“I think it’s good that he’s f---ing it up, because whether or not he’s the guy, obviously the political class doesn’t want him there," Corgan said. "It’ll open it up to a bigger dialog."Actor Owen Wilson made similar comments last month when he praised Trump for “not following the script.”

More recently, actor Robert Redford said he was glad Trump was running because his candidacy “shakes things up, and I think that’s very needed."
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/252798-billy-corgan-applauds-trump-for-fking-up-the-political-class