Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bimbo Bakeries smacks of SPP!

I was reading the thread regarding products with the word Gringo in their title and it made me think about a new brand (to America anyway) of baked goods that have recently begun to make their appearance on the shelves of my local supermarket, BIMBO!

So I do a little googling and find out that this is a very popular, and familiar, brand name in Mexico and until fairly recently it was only marketed in Mexico and a few other Latin American countries. Of course a little thing like the word "bimbo" holding a negative connotation in America isn't going affect their targeted market share, so they have entered the American market via Bimbo Bakeries U.S.A (based in Fort Worth, Texas).

Here is the Grupa Bimbo website:

http://www.grupobimbo.com.mx/display.php?section=2&lg=2

And here is the extremely ominous, some would say SPP inspired, Bimbo Bakeries U.S.A. website (don't miss the year listed on the "about BBU" page). This just about made my blood run cold!

http://www.bimbobakeriesusa.com/

The year 2010...If you pay attention it seems to pop up ALOT. Ought to be an interesting year.

Bimbo Bakeries USA
    Bimbo Bakeries USA is leader in Texas and the Western region of the country. It has 13 plants and operations in more than 22 states of the American Union and also offers premium line products under the following brands:

Oroweat, Mrs. Baird’s, Entenmann’s, Thomas´, Boboli, Tía Rosa, Marinela and Bimbo, among others. It also has Bimbo Snacks, USA, and Dayhoff, Inc. to commercialize its snacks and confectionery products.
    Taken from the grupo bimbo website above.

The last amnesty was 198? Was it 84? Anyway.....nicely established starting then or close to then.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The year 2010...If you pay attention it seems to pop up ALOT.
    So often, in fact, that I almost considered starting a thread where ALIPAC members could post articles or websites which include governmental or business initiatives that reference the year 2010.

Well....since I'm blond,ok, ok, greying blond, I'm offended. Especially since bimbo means stupid and unintelligent. Either they are stupid and unintelligent for naming their product that,.....or I'd be stupid and unintelligent for buying it. Fortunatly......I do not buy any of those products anyway and now for sure won't.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need a list of all these brands, gringo, bimbo, whatever so we can start a national boycott and possibly get some media attention as to the racist terms the other side are using to sell their products even though we all know they are so against racism!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Either they are stupid and unintelligent for naming their product that,.....or I'd be stupid and unintelligent for buying it.
    Obviously they are not tageting our consumer dollars, or they would have changed the name. Again, Bimbo is a popular and familiar brand to the people of Mexico.

While this brand may have been available in western states at first, those of us on the east coast are seeing it for the first time.

Both the bread brand name and the slang for a woman are from the Italian diminutive for baby.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Saw that immediately. I have goosebumps right now.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Both the bread brand name and the slang for a woman are from the Italian diminutive for baby.
    Now Richard.....made me have to look up diminutive I still don't know for sure.

I don't like the word more for the derogatory meaning I know it to be. But like the Frito bandito wasn't ment to insult.....I doubt they gave much thought to this name. Just goes to show that when you go to a global world....you just never know who'll be offended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast