Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Many U.S. and state lawmakers are completely unaware of this global threat.
    So often this is the case !

The national identification system planned under Real ID is part of the UN's initiative. The Real ID plans have been in the making since 1996. I think most people could read the information and get a clear understanding of what is happening.
    To quote Paris Hilton " It doesn't take a ROCK scientist" to see that the Real ID has very sinister undertones ! I'm dead set against it. Where do I start my protest campaign ?
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Nicie
    I'm dead set against it. Where do I start my protest campaign ?
    Start here for your state
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-9890986-38.html

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/0 ... id-re.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

jp_48504

The REAL ID Act will force Homeland-Security-written standards onto state drivers’ licenses and link the state databases into a national ID system.
    IMO This should scare the pants off anyone ! Thank you for the link. It's something I'll get started on right away.

AF
    Every piece of data on your drivers license is in a State database, why is everyone so disillusioned that the sky will fall when it is stepped up to a Federal database. They already have everything about your finances at that level, and it is called the IRS. I just have to ask, does Identity Theft occur today even though we do not have a REAL ID?

The problem I see is not the REAL ID, but the failure of our government to adequately fight identity theft. And guess who is the biggest criminal in the identity theft arena.

Data is in several databases, the problem with putting it on one as a logistical issue is that all data in one place makes it easier for ID thieves and terrorists not less.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

The problem I see is not the REAL ID, but the failure of our government to adequately fight identity theft. And guess who is the biggest criminal in the identity theft arena.
    Identity theft is just one problem.

Are you comfortable, now, carrying your birth certificate and social security card in your wallet ?

The REAL ID has the potential of including, along with your DL number, your SS number, and your birth certificate; your political party affiliation, your religion, and your medical history, as in, socialized medicine.

Would you trust a DMV employee with all that data about you ?
    Would you trust the Federal government to protect you ?

Do you want all your personal data shared with Mexico and Canada, and possibly other countries as well RE: OWO ?

How will the REAL ID increase your security ?

How HMRC gave away the UK's national identity

UK Identity Crisis Early last month Her Majesty's Customs and Revenue apologised after a laptop containing data on 400 customers was stolen. At the time the Revenue was praised by the security industry for coming clean and its "refreshing level of ethical responsibility".

Earlier this month that it had lost pension records for 15,000 people which were put on a CD and sent, possibly unencrypted, by courier to Standard Life's Edinburgh headquarters.

So it seems unlikely that many will be lining up to congratulate Chancellor Alistair Darling today after it emerged that the Revenue has lost a staggering 25 million customer accounts.

In fact, the Revenue could easily have lost the data three times. The CDs were sent first in April in breach of HMRC's own procedures. This month the database was again put on CD and sent to the National Audit Office not once, but twice. We should count ourselves lucky that the data has, apparently, only been lost once.
    Use the link below for the rest of the article.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/20 ... data_loss/

That is a great article Nice. Imagine how easy it would be for the state DMV's to do something similar or a DMV employee copying records to sell to illegals.

jp_48504 WROTE
    That is a great article Nice. Imagine how easy it would be for the state DMV's to do something similar or a DMV employee copying records to sell to illegals.
    Yes, the intent was good, but by the time DHS got through with it, it became a huge threat to American's.

Incredibly, Secretary Chertoff has no plans for encrypting the stored data on these cards, leaving unprotected the very personal records and access to the financial assets of 245 million Americans. The Real ID Act does not require DHS to secure the records they create or link to. Thus, this national web-like database will provide easy, one-stop shopping for identity thieves, swollen beyond recognition as not only state and national government agencies input and share data, but the private sector accesses the system for routine tracking, monitoring, and regulation of everyday Americans' every move and activity. These ID cards will truly be "internal passports," utilized by the federal government to determine where and how you will be allowed to travel, whether within your own state, or within your own country. Do you really want Big Brother making these decisions for you? Do you want to be tracked in office buildings, subways, or on buses?
    http://tomdeweese.blogspot.com/2008/02/ ... d-act.html[/quote]

DNA

I hear they are already gathering DNA of military people...what about this DNA collecting??? I feel like I am in a science fiction movie...did they get this junk from ALIENS???? lol sheesh! Next thing we know they will be plugging something into the backs of our heads! BREAK THE MATRIX EVERYONE!!!! LETS DO IT!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast