Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I enjoyed listening to Lou Dobbs after the speech. Whoever heard him won't be swayed by the speech. It's nice to know that there is at least one person in the media that calls a spade a spade.
    Amen!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Agreed 31scout. Lou tells it like it is - no holes barred.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome JohnG,

Did anyone catch that the 6,000 troops in the background, would only be there for their two week period of training. They would be coming from all over America also.

Geese, thats just enough time to unpack.

I wasn't 100% discusted with the speech. He did admit to the fact that illegal immigration brings crime, that there is fraud and forgery, community services are being strained, etc. This was a change from his acknowledgements from before. So, on that note, I was pleased because at least he admitted to some of the issues that illegal immigration causes.

He also called the U.S. a soveriegn nation and that it should protect it's borders. He even made a reference to Article IV section 4....which of course warmed my heart. I kind of had the feeling that everyone's emails, faxes, and letters had an impact. In the beginning it seemed like the Citizenry of the states was being represented.

There was plenty I did not agree with and I feel there is a lot that was said that will not come to fruition. And I had to laugh when he said "By 2008 there will be 6000 new border agents....that's nothing!

Anyway...I wanted to focus on the positives. I didn't hear what I wanted to hear, but our voices are making some headway. We are being heard.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

If you watched the post-speech show on CNN, did anyone notice the face of Mr. Black (the republican strategist) when J.D. Hayworth was talking? You could tell that he didn't like what he was hearing, at all. I thought J.D. was great! He basically told Mr. Black that the House would not pass a bill with guest worker in it.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    If you watched the post-speech show on CNN, did anyone notice the face of Mr. Black (the republican strategist) when J.D. Hayworth was talking? You could tell that he didn't like what he was hearing, at all. I thought J.D. was great! He basically told Mr. Black that the House would not pass a bill with guest worker in it.
    saw, heard it, but not holding my breath.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He acknowledged what he knew all along, but never said before.

I didn't hear him say anything about putting a stop to all of the benefits that they receive to subsidize their low wages paid by his friends.

Especially when many needy American citizens and Veterans can't get the same benefits. This is something that really galls me.

WavTek...this is going to go on a long time because of the things you mentioned in your post. I pray they take some inintiative to close the borders and punish employers...starting yesterday. There is no excuse.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    He acknowledged what he knew all along, but never said before.

I didn't hear him say anything about putting a stop to all of the benefits that they receive to subsidize their low wages paid by his friends.

Especially when many needy American citizens and Veterans can't get the same benefits. This is something that really galls me.
    I'm a Veteran and I know first hand. I supported a family while going to college after my six years in the service, and I watched all of the food stamps, free medical, etc. go to these people while they drove beautiful new cars. I barely qualified for WIC at the time. Now, after hard work and some ups and downs..my tax dollars support at least two of these free-loafers.

When I heard bush say "Mexico is our neighbor, and our friend", I thought I was listening to Mr. Rogers or Howdy Dowdy.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast