Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

1. It's hammer time!

2. Sorry but I won't be able to do the live summary of senate activity today.

3. Let me add a few notes following on the OP in this thread - just FYI, my own 0.02 cents...

Analysis:

*** First, please continue to call, fax, email ALL the senators you can.***

I want to offer this list as a means of identifying what (in my opinion) are likely to be the most important senators to focus on.

Here's the reasoning:

The senators which have staked out their positions on either end of the issue (either strongly for or strongly against) are both KNOWN and are not likely to change (or change very much). Therefore, the group deserving of the most attention, are the ones, in and around the middle ground - especially those that have had some good recent votes, albeit mixed with some not-so-good ones as well. It is this crucial 'block' of senators lingering in the middle ground that we need to convince NOT to allow a cloture vote to pass.

In addition to the group of senators which have very solid, or fairly solid record so far (eg. are 'friendly to our side; that is approx. 25), I have identified 27 senators below that are [admittedly subjective] fit this 'middle ground' criterion.

The critical task: to convince as many of the senators below NOT to vote for cloture on S1348 as possible.
    (60 votes are needed to invoke cloture, we need 40+ solid NO votes on cloture):

Alexander, Lamar- (R - TN)

Bingaman, Jeff- (D - NM)

Brownback, Sam- (R - KS)

Burr, Richard- (R - NC)

Coleman, Norm- (R - MN)

Collins, Susan M.- (R - ME)

Crapo, Mike- (R - ID)

Domenici, Pete V.- (R - NM)

Gregg, Judd- (R - NH)

Hagel, Chuck- (R - NE)

Hatch, Orrin G.- (R - UT)

Landrieu, Mary L.- (D - LA)

Lieberman, Joseph I.- (ID - CT)

Lott, Trent- (R - MS)

McCaskill, Claire- (D - MO)

Murkowski, Lisa- (R - AK)

Nelson, E. Benjamin- (D - NE)

Pryor, Mark L.- (D - AR)

Roberts, Pat- (R - KS)

Sanders, Bernard- (I - VT)

Smith, Gordon H.- (R - OR)

Stabenow, Debbie- (D - MI)

Sununu, John E.- (R - NH)

Tester, Jon- (D - MT)

Thune, John- (R - SD)

Voinovich, George V.- (R - OH)

Webb, Jim- (D - VA)

(17-R's,
    8-D's,
    2-I's)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Thanks, PhredE!

Thanks Phred!! I've already faxed most of them !! going to start on calls in a few minutes!! Then will go back and do a different fax!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

They said they will be voting on this by 11 am ! Keep Calling.

They are actually pledging to the Flag of the United States of America but Many of them do not represent the Republic for which it stands!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

T minus 60 minutes and counting...

Cloture vote scheduled to occur at 11am Eastern / 8am Pacific.

Get busy!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Just called Craig's office and said the deal on cloture and the woman actually started to tell me, "You understand cloture just means..."
    That was as far as she got because then I nicely explained the way it was! Craig thinks we're stupid--I'm sure they been set up to say "cloture vote is not important". Anyone else getting this?

We started this message on Senator Burr yesterday.

He is now a no vote for CLOTURE!

Could be a sign this is working. Now if we can just get the word into the ears of the other senators that we will be protesting, we could turn this thing around.

Lets all push!

Im joining you on the phones personally for this one!

W

April
    I am on it William!! Hey everyone Sessions is on CSPAN giving them a piece of his mind about the ammendments! Lets ROCK THEM TODAY!!!

Banned
    Having some trouble with busy on the toll free numbers and long waits for the switchboard to pick up! Hope it's not an OBL phone bank!

CALL!!!

April
    GOOOOOO PATRIOTS!!!!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast