Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Just curious about why people think he wouldn't be the most favorable immigration candidate? I looked at his immigration voting record, and it seemed pretty good to me.
    Not 100%, but the best in the bunch.
    http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=219

Here's another piece by him: http://www.bobbarr.org/default.asp?pt=newsdescr&RI=855

We can't secure our borders, but Iraq's borders get priority
    [quote:1vz1x8nh]
    Some 11,000 officers of the Border Patrol currently are tasked with securing our borders, and nearly 90 percent of them are assigned to the border with Mexico. Recently, Congress mandated a 50 percent increase in the number of border agents to be in place by the end of next year. To meet that goal, Customs and Border Protection is straining to recruit and train new agents, even as it copes with the pressures of retaining veteran agents. In the interim, and reflecting the true crisis situation we face in securing our southern border, President Bush last year directed that 6,000 National Guard troops be assigned to assist CBP in securing the southern border.

The Border Patrol's task is made worse by virtue of other federal agencies stealing its best agents. For example, a private company, Virginia-based DynCorp International, to which numerous federal agencies outsource security and other services, is actively recruiting veteran Border Patrol agents in order to meet its contractual obligations to the U.S. State Department to supply Americans to train Iraqis in immigration and border security. DynCorp reportedly entices senior border agents with salaries more than double what CBP pays them, and then tacks on huge signing bonuses to improve its chances of luring them. Ultimately, of course, the federal government is paying for all this — robbing Peter to pay Paul — and making the job of W. Ralph Basham, commissioner of CBP, that much harder.
    [quote:1vz1x8nh]Not 100%, but the best in the bunch.
    More at the link.[/quote:1vz1x8nh]
    That is one thing to consider,,,,,,,we need anything better than the 3 stooges we have up for Canidacy now.[/quote:1vz1x8nh]

I agree that we need an alternative candidate - but just be aware that Libertarians believe in personal freedom and free markets over everything else - that means over law and order, over patriotism, etc. I may end up voting for Barr, but with my eyes wide open on what he really is.

I could vote for him.....

I believe that BP agents are paid lower than FBI agents, DEA agents, secret service even management people who screen your bags at the airports. LOL Why is that!

Quote Originally Posted by alipacdude
    I could vote for him.....
    I'm curious as to why. I'm not trying to call you out, I'm just mulling over Barr in my own mind. He seems to want to secure the borders - but like all Libertarians he basically believes in free migration of people (in other words unlimited LEGAL immigration), and I'm sure he has no problem with companies taking their jobs out of our country. If he does have a problem with it he is no Libertarian, that's for sure.

MW
    GUYMAN wrote:

I will consider him - but if you think he's as tough on immigration as most ALIPACers you should think again. The problem with Libertarians in general is that they worship the "free market" above all else - above patriotism, above morality, etc. I want to support someone like Barr, but I have to see what he says in the campaign.
    Bob Barr supports open borders and amnesty. I heard it from the horses mouth this morning on the Neil Bortz radio show. Check this out:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&t=111044

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12