Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Border Patrol Is Hiring 30,000

http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/featured_job/article.asp

They are wanting to hire 30,000 by September 30. They are all supposed to be assigned to the Mexican border.

Are you interested in a job with wide-open spaces and opportunities to match?

As a U.S. Border Patrol Agent, your primary focus would be to work in tandem with your U.S. Customs and Border Protection partners to prevent the entry of terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States. Border Patrol Agents also detect and prevent the smuggling and unlawful entry of undocumented aliens into the United States, and apprehend those people found to be in violation of the immigration laws. Also, due to the increase in drug smuggling operations, the Border Patrol is the primary drug-interdicting agency along the land border between the ports of entry.

One of the most important duties performed by a Border Patrol Agent is known as 'line-watch'. This involves the detection and apprehension of undocumented aliens and their smugglers by maintaining surveillance from a covert position, pursuing leads, responding to electronic sensor alarms, utilizing infrared scopes during night operations, using low-light level television systems, sighting aircraft, and interpreting and following tracks, marks, and other physical evidence. In addition, Border Patrol Agents perform traffic checks, traffic observation, city patrol transportation checks, and other administrative, intelligence, and anti-smuggling activities.

Key features of the Border Patrol Agent position:

Must be a U.S. citizen and have a valid state driver's license at the time of appointment.

Must be under age 37 to apply. Eligible for law enforcement retirement ("12(d)") - retirement at age 50 or older with 20 years of service, or after completing 25 years of service at any age

Recruited at the GS-5/7 level, with testing required

Must meet all pre-employment requirements (medical/fitness/drug testing and background investigation)

Non-competitive career advancement to GS-11 ($50,541)
    Uniformed and armed

Highly trained, with a 2-year program that includes formal basic training and extensive on-the-job training

Where are the positions being filled? Arizona, California, New Mexico, West Texas, and South Texas.

What are the starting salaries and benefits? The GS-5 salary is $34,005 per year depending on the location of the position. If you meet the qualification requirements based on your education or experience, you may be able to enter the Border Patrol Agent position at the higher GS-7 ($38,703 salary level).

Mandatory Training. Those selected must successfully complete five months of intensive agency-paid instruction in immigration and nationality laws, Spanish, physical training, marksmanship, and other courses in Artesia, New Mexico. Successful completion of all segments of training is mandatory.

For more information about this position, the qualifications, and the pre-employment requirements, go to www.cbp.gov, click on Careers, and then Click on Border Patrol Agents.

In order to apply, you must go online between July 1 and September 30, 2005, click here to view the vacancy announcement

Yeah lets not get our hopes up. If you read it. It says applicants, not how many they will hire. Out of 30,000 they might only hire 1. Since, our congress, shut down just the other week. A bill to hire 2,000. I don't see this as a true statement from the government. But I do truly hope I am proven wrong. Oh how i hope
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Your right, it does say "Applicants". Here's what I got off CBP web site.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/pre ... 012005.xml

They plan to hire 710 additional agents. These appear to be new positions. Then they anticipate loosing several hundred over the next year for various reasons.

30,000 sounds kind of high but they have some pretty stringent hiring standards that will eliminate quite a few and some may not pass the training. I guess the rest will be used as a future hiring pool.

Perhaps they just want the names, addresses, and personal data of everyone in the country that would be willing to work the border.

This could be what is called a "lightning rod".

I just do not trust thousands of Americans that want the border really secured giving their personal data to the Bush administration right now when he is going on offense against his opposition to open borders.

I've never seen an ad that says they need 30,000 applicants. Can anyone do a deep scan on this site and see if they can find any other employment listings calling for a certain number of applicants?

I'd love to have the names and addresses of 30,000 Americans that cared enough to sign up for Border Patrol to fund raise for our cause. I wonder why the open borders crowd at the Bush admin would want 30,000 names for "background checks"

Ya dig?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I will do one better then that, Monday Morning I will call them and ask them what is going on? I promise i will let you know.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Well, if DHS has decided to run a program to collect up lists of who their problem people will be when they try to fully open the border... I doubt they will mention that on the phone.

We all know that groups like ALIPAC are in a race against time to rectify the situation and defuse the disconnect between the Government and 80 percent of the public on these issues. Should politics fail, as many feel it will, then a lot of people are not going to accept this quietly.

From an internal security standpoint, with Chertoff initiating the regulatory changes Bush has called for with Fox and Martin. It would be a smart idea to do exactly what this employment ad will do for them.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HIGHLY SUSPECT, SHERLOCK! Does sound extremely odd. How in the WORLD would they even HANDLE that many applications? Something is rotten in Denmark. Or MeHiCo.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I THOUGHT I might have had this figured out but I went to the site and read the whole thing and I guess my idea was wrong. I had already shut down the computer and gone to watch Lou when it dawned on me that this just MIGHT be some backdoor way to increase the National Guard since they can't meet their recruitment goals. Since we ALL KNOW that they are NOT going to hire even enough border patrol agents to account for attrition, there just seems to be no reason under the sun to advertise for 30,000 applicants. I just wonder if this, in any way, could be tied to the military recruitment since nothing else they do seems to get the recruits they need.

Does this sound way off base???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

W,
    I find it suspect as well. Perhaps a good story Idea. None of us trust Bush and his cronies.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Maybe they want to see how many willing participants they will have when they move to mass deport millions of aliens.

Ha! don't we wish.

-n
    "It is difficult to overcome the reflexes of national identity. But you will get there."

Bill Clinton, Paris, 8/9/2005

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast