Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am a Californian and I am going to start boycotting California wine, and California grapes. I encourage everyone to boycott California especially LA, San Diego and San Fran.

Pelosi's wine

Pelosi and her husband own a vineyard in Napa Valley, on Zinfandel Lane in St. Helena worth $25 million. The Pelosis’ make upwards of $2 million per harvest, hiring several different harvesters each year. Not one of the harvesters that the Pelosis’ hire has a contract with the United Farm Workers.

The Pelosis’ sell their grapes to two different wineries, both non-union. In recent years the Pelosis’ have held stake in two other wine enterprises – Ravenswood Winery and Charlore Wine Group, both – you guessed it – non-union.

As a keynote speaker at the 2004 AFL-CIO meeting, Pelosi said “Thank you all for fighting for America’s working families. And thank you for fighting to end the union-busting, family-hurting, exporting jobs presidency of George W. Bush.â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by greginLA
    I am a Californian and I am going to start boycotting California wine, and California grapes. I encourage everyone to boycott California especially LA, San Diego and San Fran.
    Well that's not a good idea in my book. Think about this, stop buying California produce..that leaves you to buy Mexican, fruit and vegetables, Chilean, and Guatemalan produce just to name a few....I would rather buy Californian products than Mexican etc....it is bad enough we can't find anything grown and made in our Country now to begin with....

Kathyet

Food Facts

California has been the number one food and agricultural producer in the United States for more than 50 consecutive years.

More than half the nation's vegetables, nuts and fruits come from here.

California is the nation's number one dairy state.

California's leading commodity is milk and cream. Grapes are second.

California's leading export crop is almonds.

Nationally, products exclusively grown (99% or more) in California include
    almonds, artichokes, dates, figs, kiwifruit, olives, persimmons, pistachios, prunes, raisins, clovers, and walnuts.

From 70 to 80% of all ripe olives are grown in California.

California is the nation's leading producer of strawberries, averaging 1.4 billion pounds of strawberries or 83% of the country's total fresh and frozen strawberry production. Approximately 12% of the crop is exported to Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Japan primarily. The value of the California strawberry crop is approximately $700 million with related employment of more than 48,000 people.

California produces 25% of the nation's onions and 43% of the nation's green onions.

Gilroy, California, "Garlic Capitol of the World."

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/californ ... facts.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yesterday, Los Angeles joined the list of boycotting cities.

Let them breech their contracts with Arizona businesses. Can you imagine the lawsuits with legal fees and punitive damages piled on? Ignorant shortsighted people on city councils is what this Liberal posturing is all about.

Are they passing non-binding resolutions? Those have no teeth and aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Well that's not a good idea in my book. Think about this, stop buying California produce..that leaves you to buy Mexican, fruit and vegetables, Chilean, and Guatemalan produce just to name a few....I would rather buy Californian products than Mexican etc....it is bad enough we can't find anything grown and made in our Country now to begin with....
    I agree that you shouldn't buy Mexican or South American produce. But you can buy produce grown locally in your area in most states at farmers markets, roadside stands, or organic food stores. Besides apples, pears, oranges, lemons, banannas, melons, grapes, onions, spinach, lettuce, beans, corn, radishes, tomatoes, potatoes, strawberries, etc. come from other states besides California. In addition, milk and dairy products are produced in most other states too. Read the labels or ask your grocer.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Also don't forget JohnDoe that much of the California foodstuffs is sold to canneries, frozen food companies, chain grocery stores, hospitals, schools, the military, and restaurants to name a few. Individual shoppers do not have to purchase these if they don't want to and we comprise a significant quantity of buyers.

The San Jose, California city counsel is considering voting for an Arizona boycott.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

April 3, 2010 10:03 a.m.

Feds fail to control local cops with immigration power

Former Sheriff Mike Carona once boasted that Orange County, CA. turned over more inmates for deportation than any other jail in the nation.

Costa Mesa’s mayor offered no apologies for checking the immigration status of jaywalkers and disorderly drunks who hadn’t even been arrested and that local police used their newfound authority “to process for removal aliens who have committed minor crimes such as carrying an open container of alcoholâ€
    NO AMNESTY

"California has the largest number of worksites using E-Verify with 15,320 businesses using the system at 71,033 worksites. There have been 642,912 inquiries in California"

DHS to display info on Federal Contractors using E-VERIFY

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... &p=1020630
    NO AMNESTY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast