Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boycotting Adult Swim and Cartoon Network

I am an Adult Swim cartoon fanatic. I love most of the shows, except for minoriteam and tom goes to the mayor. I was veggin on the couch watching when all of the sudden a SPANISH ad for Jack in the Box aired.

After the ad ended and I realized it wasn't a joke I immediately switched channels and am filing my complaints against the Time-Warner owned cable company and Williams Street (owners of Adult Swim).

This marks the first time a major english speaking cable channel has aired a full length advertisement in spanish. It sucks but due to my strong beliefs I am now no longer watching some of my favorite programs.

To show support you parents can keep your kids from watching as well. Instead try programing from PBS and Nickelodean.

im trying to keep my blog updated on english attacks. http://attackonenglish.blogspot.com

I dont know if I can give up Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but I own all of the DVDs so I guess Ill be fine

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I dont know if I can give up Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but I own all of the DVDs so I guess Ill be fine

W
    by the DVD's or watch them online but DO NOT watch the tv station.

This marks the first time a major english speaking cable channel has aired a full length advertisement in spanish.
    I take it you've never watched TV in Southern CA. I have Cox Cable and we have masses of commercials in Spanish here all the time. Everything from beer ads, bail bonds, car makers, food, diapers, detergent and home items, you name it, we've got it, all in Spanish. We even have TV shows that are all in Spanish showing Mariachi and Ranchero bands performing traditional Mexican folk and popular music. And these are not on the Spanish language channels, but regular supposed English channels.

On PBS TV they show programs in Spanish, one even teaches Mexican parents how to raise their toddlers, it's called 'Ninos en su casa'. It's sickening, it shows parents how to do everything from getting their numerous kids enrolled into free childcare programs, to how to demand bilingual education in school and where to go to get free healthcare and food stamps for their huge litters of Mexi-rugrats.

We even have radio ads in Spanish on English stations, although more than half of all the radio stations in the San Diego region are in Spanish anyway. And everywhere you go you see billboards in Spanish too. But then again, San Diego is called Mexico's Finest city.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

I'd contact the network on this. My guess is that it's a mistake. CN airs absolutely no shows in Spanish, and definitely nothing on Adult Swim. My guess is they played the wrong commercial... It could have also been a local station that played it...

My children have discovered Pee Wees Playhouse on adult swim this summer and I find myself yelling when I hear the secret word as well

Try driving east on the 94 freeway in San Diego. Billboard after billboard in Spanish.

The biggest offenders are beer ads.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Whoah, let's not get crazy here! Adult Swim is a ritual at some peoples houses (like mine)!

It would be best to complain and see what they say. They will probably make fun of the complaints with a bump en espanol.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Banned
    Was it the one during Venture Brothers? If so, I caught that here in Dallas. I feel fairly certain that some idiot aired the wrong version of the commercial.