Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BOYCOTTS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by BETO
    I am agree with you JJ.

The real point doing this is (to stop labor) it is just to hit the enonomy.
    http://www.amnestyyes.org
    But this page has relation with the boycot, i never heard that word until now.
    IF all they do is BOYCOTT, that's fine. IF they BLOCK citizens of this country from going to work, shopping, etc. they haven't proved anything.

Beto, maybe you can answer this.

Why didn't all these people protests in Mexico for fair wages and employment laws? --- the American people would support their efforts. If the citizens made Mexico a safer place, there would be more tourism, more tourism means more money. If they can do something about the water that would help too. Some of the photo's I've seen of Mexico are more beautiful than Hawaii ....

The illegals here claim they are discriminated against here because of their "race" and 'dark skin' -- that's not the case. -- it's a fact they are ILLEGAL not immigrants. It doesn't matter what a persons nationality, if they're illegal, they shouldn't be here. And likewise, Americans should not illegally enter Mexico, Canada or any other country.

Most Americans appreciate different cultures but they don't appreciate being run over by the U.S. government, the Mexican government or foreign nationals. How many Americans have you seen protesting for 'civil rights' in foreign countries? -- NONE. If they did the American people would probably laugh.

the citizens of the United States and Mexico didn't create this problem -- corrupt governments and corporate greed did. But who's going to pay the ultimate price? The citizens of both countries that's who.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, what these people don't seem to understand is if they are made "legal" -- they will only be replaced by other "illegal" workers. These people are being played by corrupt politicians and communist --
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

YEs, they don't realize that when they become legal - if they are then paid decent wages - they will be replaced by the newer arrivees.

So many of the factories that went to Mexico have now moved to China because it is cheaper.

What's the answer - clean house, flood the moat, and crank up the drawbridge.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If illegals become legal in the workplace, you will have a ton of Americans being turned away for jobs and would have the right to sue.

I know if I went to Home Depot and all they hired was immigrants b/c they'd work for $5.15/hr their whole life and they turned me away, I'd sue them.

nntrixie

So many of the factories that went to Mexico have now moved to China because it is cheaper.

What's the answer - clean house, flood the moat, and crank up the drawbridge.
    so corporate America outsourced to Mexico and then outsourced to China -- it looks like we're all in the same boat and it's clear that corporate America is in control

Truism

If illegals become legal in the workplace, you will have a ton of Americans being turned away for jobs and would have the right to sue.

I know if I went to Home Depot and all they hired was immigrants b/c they'd work for $5.15/hr their whole life and they turned me away, I'd sue them.
    you're forgetting one thing -- corporate America owns the federal courts too . . . we have the best judges money can buy!
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote:
    Truism

you're forgetting one thing -- corporate America owns the federal courts too . . . we have the best judges money can buy!
    Federal courts wouldn't be involved -- state courts would be involved. First thing I would do is call the EEOC and then file a lawsuit against the company for discriminating against you because of your country of origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Truism
    Federal courts wouldn't be involved -- state courts would be involved. First thing I would do is call the EEOC and then file a lawsuit against the company for discriminating against you because of your country of origin.

I don't know how things work in other states, but under federal law, a complainant is issued a 'letter of right to sue' from the EEOC that has to be filed within 90 days in the federal courts -- many state cases are removed from state court to federal court. The federal courts once had exclusive jurisdiction of many claims under federal statutes, i.e., title VII, ERISA, COBRA, RICO violations and such, but that I believe is changing.

In Tafflin v. Levitt, 493 U.S., 107 L.Ed 2d 887, 110 S. Ct. 792 (1990), the United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled that state courts have concurrent jurisdiction over RICO claims emphasizing the principle that "nothing in the concept of our federal system prevents state courts from enforcing rights created by federal law.' " 493 U.S. at 459 (quoting Dowd Box Co. v. Courtney, 368 U.S. 502, 507-08 (1962)).

The deck is stacked against us - we are kinda out here on the ice flow alone.

As for going shopping, I don't know.

If everyone went shopping and the stores, restaurants, etc. were overwhelmed, wouldn't it send the message the illegals were needed????

I am getting battle rattle here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If everyone went shopping and the stores, restaurants, etc. were overwhelmed, wouldn't it send the message the illegals were needed????
    I agree with this nntrixie. It isn't just the illegals going to take the day off. In this city, it will pretty much shut down the whole town because 90% of the workers in this town are hispanic. If I went shopping, it would be absolutely giving them what they want.

I don't know about other areas of the country. But if I were going anywhere, I'd avoid places where I know they work. I'd have to leave the state to go somewhere that they don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I agree with this nntrixie. It isn't just the illegals going to take the day off. In this city, it will pretty much shut down the whole town because 90% of the workers in this town are hispanic. If I went shopping, it would be absolutely giving them what they want.

I don't know about other areas of the country. But if I were going anywhere, I'd avoid places where I know they work. I'd have to leave the state to go somewhere that they don't work.
    they're going to prove to their employers that they are a financial risk . . . and if citizens and legal immigrants boycott employers that hire illegals, they'll wind up losing more money than they save on wages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12