Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

good point, DcSA-- you definitely can't change it once there are signatures/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Open Letter to Am Business and US Chamber PLEASE SIGN!

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    04/02/06 Here is the petition:

Open Letter to the American Business Community and the US Chamber of Commerce

http://www.petitiononline.com/buschmbr/petition.html

Please Sign it! Thank You!

Feel free to Pass it on and to post it on other websites. (Do Not Spam)
    I've signed the Petition and passed on the link to everyone in my address book, but I'm not sure how to go about Boycotting the Chamber of Commerce??
    "Conscience is but the name which cowardice Fleeing the battle scrawls upon its shield." ~ Oscar Wilde ~

Signed. Told them that legal resident's spend their money here. They don't send it to Mexico.

signed and sent to 8 people who i know will sign

I'm not sure how to go about Boycotting the Chamber of Commerce??
    I think the simplest plan is simply to stop doing business with any business that displays the US Chamber sign. You can tell them why - or even hand/send them a copy of the petition with the signatures that are already collected on there. (You could have some copies in your car ready to give an offending business).

Alternatively, you could prepare your OWN letter, worded your own way - and have it ready to give out to offending businesses. If you want to go a little further, you could send a letter to the US Chamber in Washington.

Maybe we could also make a point of praising the businesses that we DO patronize - letting them know WHY they have been chosen over another company.

Anyone else have ideas on this?
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    The sad thing is that the US Chamber of Commerce once stood for upstanding American business practises. If a business had that sign, it meant their business practises were above board and you could trust that company.

I think what it would mean to not support them would be to shop very locally, meaning avoid these big companies like WalMart, Target, and any others that hire illegals or outsource jobs. It would mean spending a few extra dollars on local stores that are responsible, and might also mean not being as consumeristic.

We all have habits that involve these bigger companies like WalMart because it allows us to be able to purchase items we would not have allowed ourselves otherwise, due to price.

It seems that there is little integrity anymore in our society and big companies benefitting from cheap labor at the cost of taxpayers and the avergae Americans, is our biggest problem.

I found out that my mothers boss, who has a busy, established dry cleaning business, has illegals working for him. What makes this all the more infuriating is that he and his wife just built a large home. He did not give out anything at Christmas, and did not offer any pay raises this last year. My mother just found this out as a guy (Mexican) sat there and told her and several other people that he was illegal!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe we could also make a point of praising the businesses that we DO patronize - letting them know WHY they have been chosen over another company.

Anyone else have ideas on this?
    Excellent idea. Even write editorials to newspapers to that effect.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My family was in the first 10 to sign this petition; and forwarded to everybody we know.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

I can see you are proud of that!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

DcSA,

Great petition letter! I signed with pleasure and added comments. I'll see what I can do this weekend forwarding the petition on to people I know.

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast