Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BP Agents Being Attacked on the Border

Check out the video as well.

Cameras Capture Conflict Along Border
    Agents' Defense Tactics Causing Controversy

POSTED: 3:36 pm PST December 14, 2007
    UPDATED: 4:13 pm PST December 14, 2007

"SAN YSIDRO -- The Border Patrol released photos Friday of attacks on agents that they say have led to the use of pepper spray and tear gas in Mexican border neighborhoods.

Officials said that escalating violence at the U.S.-Mexico border is forcing agents to take new measures, and the new tactics are creating controversy.

Since October 1, there have been 90 assaults against Border Patrol agents in the San Diego area, according to officials. The violence is most common just east of the San Ysidro port of entry along a 2-mile stretch of border, in an area called Colonia Libertad.

"It is a scary situation," said Damon Foreman of the Border Patrol. "It's an area that has a tradition and a history for being a smuggling type of neighborhood."

The area is one of most densely populated neighborhoods pushing up against the border. Several U.S. Border Patrol agents have reported rock-throwing incidents in the area.

"The windshields are being busted. They're going through the windshield and actually hitting our agents and actually harming them," Foreman said.

In response, the Border Patrol called in special response teams equipped to shoot pepper spray across the border, but human rights activists say the suspected smugglers and rock throwers aren't the only ones being targeted.

"We're getting reports from residents in Tijuana that canisters are being fired by border patrol agents into folks homes in Tijuana," said Christian Ramirez of the American Friends Service Committee.

Agents admit they cannot direct the pepper spray with 100 percent accuracy. In the end, immigrant rights activists say this may just be a symptom of a much bigger problem.

"Border Patrol agents shouldn't be placed in danger. Residents in Tijuana shouldn't have canisters sent into their homes. I think if we were to have a sensible immigration policy that many of these things could be avoided," Ramirez said.

The Mexican Consulate said the Mexican government is aware there is a problem and has met with the Border Patrol to find a way to resolve these issues."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/14858839/detail.html
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

We are at war people. Kick out the Mexican consulate. OUr government makes me SICK.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I agree.. every consulate of the Mexican government needs to be removed until Mexico restores order on THEY'RE side on that NASTY CORRUPT BORDER

You better Clean House Mexico... if you are not sure how.. watch how we clean up our Corrupt Government

The New Nuremberg Trials will begin soon
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Since October 1, there have been 90 assaults against Border Patrol agents in the San Diego area, according to officials

Since October 1, there have been 90 assaults against Border Patrol agents in the San Diego area, according to officials. The violence is most common just east of the San Ysidro port of entry along a 2-mile stretch of border, in an area called Colonia Libertad.

"It is a scary situation," said Damon Foreman of the Border Patrol. "It's an area that has a tradition and a history for being a smuggling type of neighborhood."

The area is one of most densely populated neighborhoods pushing up against the border. Several U.S. Border Patrol agents have reported rock-throwing incidents in the area.
    Exerts from another article:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... california

.....Residents of the area's hillside shanties and muddy streets say the Border Patrol's measures neglect their welfare. Some agents, they say, show compassion, even apologizing for the tactics. But others are defiant and continue saturating areas despite their pleas.......

The situation has deteriorated to the point that authorities are considering whether to add barbed wire to fencing along certain areas bordering Colonia Libertad, an option avoided in the past because of the negative symbolism............

.....Some Mexican residents sympathize with the U.S. agents. Carmen Lopez, 63, scolds smugglers who climb onto her tar-paper roof to get a better view of Border Patrol activity. "The smugglers tell me, 'We're just trying to make a living like anyone else,' " she said.

The border patrol agents have the right to protect themselves. The US has the right to protect our border. Put up a second fence 10 feet north of the present one.

It says Colonia Libertad has a reputation for smuggling and the densely populated neighborhoods push up against the border. Time for Mexico to clean out this slum and pass laws and zoning regulating how close to the border buildings can be be. An open space between the border and dwellings would give border agents greater fields of vision and manuevering abilities and eliminate hiding places for those crossing the border.

Fences make good neighbors.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The liberals in our society constantly stand in the way of what is right. We should be behind our Border Patrol agents and give them everything that they need to protect our borders. It is for the good of America. Shame on the groups within our Country who constantly fight against American's. It is not about what is right, it is about them re-writing our laws to meet their anti-American agenda's. They must be stopped.

Let's deport NOT only the MEXICAN consultates, but our OWN TRAITORS WITH them!

I don't understand. I thought Duncan Hunter had built the fence at San Diego and crime went down 90% or something. So, what happened to that double fence?
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    I don't understand. I thought Duncan Hunter had built the fence at San Diego and crime went down 90% or something. So, what happened to that double fence?
    this could be in that area that does not have the fence cuz of supposed environmental problems with a fence being there.

I've said it before, and I reiterate....we need our troops stationed at our borders.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    this could be in that area that does not have the fence cuz of supposed environmental problems with a fence being there.
    What could be more harmful to the environment than humans defacating and strewing non-biodegradable trash all over?
    "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast