Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bunch of online petition websites...Sign them all

As I keep finding sites to sign petitions, thought i'd post as many as we can here.

If we can pool our resources together, maybe we can some how get all the websites that have petitions, put them on one page of some sort, so you can just email that page/link to someone, and they just go down the line and start signing.

Sure beats the heck out of trying to find them all over the place on the internet.

Here are some i've found:

http://www.petitiononline.com/usavoice/

http://760kfmb.com/petition/

http://www.alamoalliance.org/

http://illegalimmigrantprotest.com/petition.htm

http://www.weneedafence.com/petition.asp

BTW, I know grassfire.org has a petition, but can't post links here. Just doing everything I can.

There are two problems to consider about petitions.

1. Petitions are not doing any good. If the White House would not even accept the one we promoted with NumbersUSA to generate half a million signatures, then what good will these smaller petitions do?

2. Some people running petitions are interested in data mining email addresses. That is fine if you want to give your email and contact info to groups that say they want to fight illegal immigration, but just be prepared. Some groups sell their lists and if you sign up for a petition that collects and sells your email, name, or mailing address you may be drowning in a sea of spam you can't stop very shortly.

You should always look for or ask for the data sharing policy of any organization running a petition.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    There are two problems to consider about petitions.

1. Petitions are not doing any good. If the White House would not even accept the one we promoted with NumbersUSA to generate half a million signatures, then what good will these smaller petitions do?

2. Some people running petitions are interested in data mining email addresses. That is fine if you want to give your email and contact info to groups that say they want to fight illegal immigration, but just be prepared. Some groups sell their lists and if you sign up for a petition that collects and sells your email, name, or mailing address you may be drowning in a sea of spam you can't stop very shortly.

You should always look for or ask for the data sharing policy of any organization running a petition.

W
    Didn't know that. Good to know.
    It is a little discouraging to hear, but not the end of the world.

So, do sites such as numbersusa.org, congress.org etc., where you can email senators, congress, president etc., they are not really effective?

I guess, my quest is to make my voice heard and shake up things so the government will actually listen to the people.

Yep, I am getting garbage from all types of groups since I signed one petition.

Use due diligence folks, check them out carefully before singing on the dotted line.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

NumbersUSA is legit and they did not spam everyone after they handled the poll supported by many organizations.

The problem is that if ALIPAC directs all of our people into unknown petitions and they sign up and get their list sold, those emails could become almost useless accounts.

Not a good thing when it has taken us almost 2 years to build up 6,000 people on our national email alert.

The thought of many of those emails getting flooded makes me shiver.

Before I sign a petition I want to know who is running it, why, and what their data policy is.

Also, after that Grassfire thing, who knows what you name may eventually be used for.

I think the direct contact and other focus campaigns our group and others are better than petitions.

Perhaps some local petitions and state petitions for specific ballot initiatives are a worthy cause.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)