Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just a 'dog and pony' show by the President. He has no intention of enforcing our immigration laws.
    D.W.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    riverdunesrat, your right on the front lines, eh? Tell me, is it hard to find people who support the illegals down there? Or is it the opposite?

I live in Oregon, and since we are far removed from the border, and the local elites and liberals like to think that they are on the side of justice, they support the illegals. Apparently liberalism equals blindness (if they had to live where I do, they would not be so ready to support these lawbreakers).
    Yes, border areas are unique however, I haven't heard of one state, county, city or town that has not been flooded with illegals and all of the issues that come with them.

There are plenty of illegal supporters here and there are plenty of non-supporters as well. This is a good ol' boy town that mostly runs on the who you know system. If you are not in the know it can be difficult here career wise. About 90% of the advertised jobs here have the requirement to speak Spanish. Bunch o' crap huh? So if you are not in the know and you don't speak Spanish, then HELLO minimum wage and/or several part-time gigs that have no benefits. Plus AZ is a right-to-work state so people here are treated like crap big time. In addition, AZ is about 10 years behind the times, even in the Metro Phoenix area. All of these factors add up to tough times in SW AZ.

As you might imagine this creates a lot of illegal hating, but it seems like no one here wants to come together for the cause. The media sucks up to illegals and runs stories such as the 10 most influential Hispanics, and a story about the ladies of the night on the border and how hard their lives are. (?) That one caused a stir in the letters to the editor. I could tell you much more that would curl your toenails.

Besides the illegals, the biggest issue confronting this area is the upcoming SPP, which brings with it the CanaMex highway (AZ's version of the NAFTA Superhighway), and the proposed rail line that will come from the new Port in Baja, Punta Colonet, which will transport cheap Chinese imports and be disbursed throughout the USA by mostly Mexican trucks. The power elite here sees that only as jobs, not the damage it all will cause.

I have a plan to move from this area, maybe back to San Diego somewhere, but I know one thing for sure, it WILL NOT be a border town. I've had my fill.

Now that I have told you way more than you wanted to know, tell me more about your illegal supporters and why they offer that support. We have a lot of Snowbirds that flock here to Yuma from your area for the winter and leave before the 115º heat hits.
    RDR

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    The OBLer's up in Oregon are actually few, but all are within Multnomah, Marion and Lane counties of Oregon (Portland, Salem and anarchist Eugene), the rest of the people here, mainly are tired of seeing the illegals get away with being here illegally, but as with many people, in many places across this country, many tend to be to occupied with other diversions and have little motivation to do anything about it.

My thoughts are, they are simply too comfortable.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    The OBLer's up in Oregon are actually few, but all are within Multnomah, Marion and Lane counties of Oregon (Portland, Salem and anarchist Eugene), the rest of the people here, mainly are tired of seeing the illegals get away with being here illegally, but as with many people, in many places across this country, many tend to be to occupied with other diversions and have little motivation to do anything about it.

My thoughts are, they are simply too comfortable.
    And, they have probably not been directly affected by any of the illegal issues to get on the bandwagon. When you can't get a decent job in a pleasant environment because you're not connected or don't speak Spanish, that threatens your very existance and can make people angry enough to get involved. Just ask me.
    RDR

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I must agree riverdunesrat. Up here so far, Spanish is not required, but they are making it a desirable thing. A lot of the construction jobs are going to illegals, cause you know there are no Americans who want those jobs, well not at scab labor pay anyways!

The other jobs they seem to be flocking to are here in the nursery industry. Now it used to be that all of those nurseries out here where we live were once family owned berry farms, and all of the local kids picked there for summer money. Then Oregon changed the laws, requiring a parent to be present (our mother used to drop us off on her way to work and pick us up at lunchtime, which was berry field quitting time). Farmers mechanized after that.

Now many of those fields have been bought by outsiders who found nursery stock did well here, and like hiring the illegals because they can pocket more profits than to hire Americans for those jobs (a best friends brother-in-law used to do this, then he got caught. Made millions off of cheap labor).

No, until jobs become harder and harder to find up here, all these people will sit by in their comfy homes, on their cell phones watching digital cable. They will have to have the rude awakening all of us have had in one way or another for them to see what is going on.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12