Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Bush support rating falls to 29 percent: poll

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    Bush support rating falls to 29 percent: poll
    WASHINGTON (AFP) - Only 29 percent of Americans now believe President George W. Bush is doing a good job, according recent poll.

The poll, conducted by the Wall Street Journal, is the latest to indicate a slump in public support for the US leader as his Republican party heads into the campaign for mid-term elections in November.

In the poll, released in the newspaper's online edition, Bush has lost six percentage points in a month.

Iraq remains the main concern. Twenty-eight percent of Americans say it is one of the two most important topics, up from 23 percent in April, followed by immigration (16 percent) and the price of petrol (gasoline) (14 percent).

Only 24 percent of the 1,003 people asked between May 3-8 said they believed the United States was "heading in the right direction". According to the Journal, 69 percent said "things have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track".

Bush is closing in on the unpopularity level of President Richard Nixon (24 percent) at the moment of his resignation in 1974 over the Watergate scandal.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060512/pl ... MlJVRPUCUl
    Sorry! Thats a Typo.It should read; 29 "Questionable" Americans,at best.

"Questionable" adj.

1. Open to doubt or challenge; problematic.
    2. Not yet determined or specified.
    2. Of dubious morality or respectability: a questionable reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    I don't know how he even manages 29% support.
    These are the same folks that supported Nixon, up to and after his return to San Clemente.

A cadre of die-hard loyalists.

They remind me of the members of the Japanese Imperial Army that were discovered years after WWII had ended on an isolated atoll, who hadn't realized that the war was over.

There really isn't much you can do to change their minds, unfortunately.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Buddies

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    I don't know how he even manages 29% support.
    I think it comes from all of his "Veteran Buddies"....HA HA HA
    Maybe not!

Large Family

Quote Originally Posted by 31scout
    I think Bush gets up to 29% because they poll all his family. (from what I hear they aren't all for him either)
    "bush" has a large family....What is the population of "Mexico" these day`s?

Re: Bush support rating falls to 29 percent: poll

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    Bush support rating falls to 29 percent: poll
    WASHINGTON (AFP) - Only 29 percent of Americans now believe President George W. Bush is doing a good job, according recent poll.

The poll, conducted by the Wall Street Journal, is the latest to indicate a slump in public support for the US leader as his Republican party heads into the campaign for mid-term elections in November.

In the poll, released in the newspaper's online edition, Bush has lost six percentage points in a month.

Iraq remains the main concern. Twenty-eight percent of Americans say it is one of the two most important topics, up from 23 percent in April, followed by immigration (16 percent) and the price of petrol (gasoline) (14 percent).

Only 24 percent of the 1,003 people asked between May 3-8 said they believed the United States was "heading in the right direction". According to the Journal, 69 percent said "things have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track".

Bush is closing in on the unpopularity level of President Richard Nixon (24 percent) at the moment of his resignation in 1974 over the Watergate scandal.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060512/pl ... MlJVRPUCUl
    Thats 29 people,not %29.

I don't believe that 29% either, it was that high before all this pushing for the amnesty bill, I have learned to mistrust these polls when they lie so often about how many americans are for this stupid bill the senate passed!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Onyx is one of the exalted protected ones
    Just another member of the "pajama patrol" trying to prop up the Presidents poll numbers.

I think that 29% is done with trickle down math.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

They're probably multiplying instead of adding. That's the only way I figure they could get as high as 29%.
    Or do they really mean that out of 250 million Americans, 29 support him??? It's not %, it's total.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12