Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They take ESOL classes and get spoon fed through high school. My daughter was very angry that she had to work really hard to get the grades that the others got just for showing up. If they don't finish high school they write the GED which is based on grade 10 work. What is sick about it is that they can write it in Spanish. That is why many of the students that go to Miami Dade Community College don't end up graduating. College officials claim that 80% of those who start college need remedial help. There is one easy answer and that is stop the Spanish version of the GED "

whoever wrote this comment who are you talking about they. Looks like most of you here are badmouthing these hardworking graduates. Why is that?? who told you the graduates took esol class and got spoon feed through high school. i see the true colors of some of you guys coming out. correct me if im wrong. and admin dont ban me because i havent violated any rules im just asking questions.
    I love ILLEGALS

I know some ESL teachers and you don't know what you are talking about.

I think people that need ESL classes should pay for them out of their pockets because for the most part it's a special program for children of illegal aliens.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

whoever wrote this comment who are you talking about they. Looks like most of you here are badmouthing these hardworking graduates. Why is that?? who told you the graduates took esol class and got spoon feed through high school. i see the true colors of some of you guys coming out. correct me if im wrong. and admin dont ban me because i havent violated any rules im just asking questions.
    Here's the deal, COMMON

Your choice.

Rather than insinuate, bring your PROOF to the debate.

If you choose not..........see ya.

You're simply making a fool of yourself by NOT familiarizing yourself with our site, work and mission statement.

Now scoot and go read so that you can get up to speed on a subject that you're sorely lacking in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

are you kidding me? you are very ignorant. Lets say a family legally immigrates here from germany or spain and the kids are not very good in english, what class do you suppose they are put in?? ESL. If you dont know ESL stands for english as second language. wow u are so ignorant besides do you think all legal immigrants who come here speak fluent english??? And where does it say esl is for children of undocumented? thats your own bias.
    I love ILLEGALS

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseguy
    are you kidding me? you are very ignorant. Lets say a family legally immigrates here from germany or spain and the kids are not very good in english, what class do you suppose they are put in?? ESL. If you dont know ESL stands for english as second language. wow u are so ignorant besides do you think all legal immigrants who come here speak fluent english??? And where does it say esl is for children of undocumented? thats your own bias.
    Did you just call me IGNORANT?

Are you serious?

Better clarify that, common person, as it's a bannable offense.

Now scoot and go read so that you can get up to speed on a subject that you're sorely lacking in.

if i am sorely lacking on a subject doesnt that mean i am ignorant on that subject?? i found a definition for u

Main Entry: ig·no·rant
    Pronunciation: 'ig-n(&-)r&nt
    Function: adjective
    1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics> b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
    2 : UNAWARE, UNINFORMED
    - ig·no·rant·ly adverb
    - ig·no·rant·ness noun

i see it okay for you to call me ignorant but not for me to call you ignorant??? i dont get it
    I love ILLEGALS

First of all my daughter went to high school in Miami and seen it first hand. She had to write the ESOL test as people in South Florida have this misconception that all Canadians are French speakers from Quebec. Infact she also seen the teens in the ESOL program who were from both Hispanic and non Hispanic countries. The drop out rate for Hispanics is much higher than that of other immigrants which is a well documented fact. The non Hispanics have parents have to learn English as there are no free cable and radio channels in Russian, Portugese, or German or daily newspapers in those languages. Due to this they often speak English in the home with their kids to practice. I seen parents sit with their kids reading children's library books in front of their children for practice. That way they work together and learn together. The parent also shows the children a work ethic as they often take ESOL classes in the evening and work in the day.
    I think they should get rid of ESOL programs in school period. When I started school back in Canada I did not know how to speak English as my parents kept within our ethnic community. There was no ESOL and it was sink or swim. I had to work much harder to pass as they were going to fail me in grade one. My teacher saw that I has potential and gave me work to do at recess in order to pass which I did. By the time I got to grade 6 they were ready to skip me a grade as I kept working as hard as I did in first grade. I had friends who came from countries like India and some were kept behind due to language problems if necessary but most caught up quickly. Many of these kids ended up being some of the brightest in their graduating class.
    As for the comment on Miami Dade Community College it was from an article form last Sunday's Miami Herald. I will try to find it and post it.

hey swathe according to DIXIE esl are mostly for illegal immigrant children. I just wanted to debunk DIXIE theory that esl is just for illegal immigrant children.
    I love ILLEGALS

Evidently President Bush thinks 12-30 million illegals aren't enough.I wonder how many illegals would be enough?75 million?100 million?How many "guess workers" would be enough?50 million?200 million?I thought the number of farms was declining in this country.How come we already have 12-30 million illegal "guess workers" and the administration is calling for more?Are we going to start up collective farms or something?How many H1B visas do we need to satisfy the "cheap" labor needs of corporate America?Are we going to replace all American workers with "guess workers"?Why else would we need more guess workers?I'm confused.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast