Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    I'm straight, but I know people who are gays and lesbians and they're just regular americans. They are law abiding and contribute to our society, why shouldn't they have the same benefits as everyone else?

I really don't care what consenting adults do behind closed doors.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

There is no conservative leadership there, they are going to try to do everything between now and election time to make it look like they are conservatives.

I agree sawdust, but it ain't gonna work. We are onto them now and will vote them out next election.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am straight, a little conservative, happily married, and I have many gay friends and I do not care less whether they get married or not. This is their problem. They are wonderful friends and citizens, living their lives like everybody else. Bush should get out of people's bedroom and pay attention to what is going on in the country.

Nothing he can do or say is going to influence me to vote for the ones who support and follow his stupid and crazy ideas.

My first thought when I saw that the Gay Marriage Ban had been brought up was, "Is this supposed to distract us?" My main concern at this point is the illegal invasion we are experiencing and some how getting our government to listen to its people for a change.

STOP IT!

Don't you even think of attacking Bush on this issue! Don't go there!
    How many states have voted against gay marriage? Even liberal OREGON!

If GAYS get the right to legally marry then your State Department will be able, and will be forced, to give the FIANCE VISA to any citizen who wants to bring a gay spouse to the US!

How much ABUSE of this visa do you think there will be? Every NATURALIZED citizen will be back in his or her country CLAIMING a relationship with a friend to get them here! Do not think it will NOT happen because fake marriages are already taking place. I can only see this as making immigration fraud even worse if they get the legal right to marry. They will demand the fiance visa for their partners and how will State verify the relationship? Have them kiss at the Embassy?

Stay in the closet! Don't ask and don't tell!

If gays can marry then Mormons in Utah should be able to have 5 wives and 20 kids and 25 TAX deductions! Why not! Anything goes!

BTW If GAY MARRIAGE is OK then maybe I need to rethink OPEN borders!
    The Democrats want to give the country away and the Republicans want to sell it?

Re: STOP IT!

Quote Originally Posted by adelantepresidente2
    BTW If GAY MARRIAGE is OK then maybe I need to rethink OPEN borders!

Actually, he is trying to regain the approval of the Christian majority, which is a big part of the Republican base that has turned against him.
    Exactly That is what Bush is trying to do. Only the politicians seem to have very little understanding of how deep the discontent is, outside of Washington.

The result of trying to appeal to Christian conservatives, is that Bush will wait and see if those issues have traction.

Most of them will have traction. But the main difference is that BEFORE - those issues would have been the ONLY thing that Bush needed to move that segment.

Now, most Christian conservatives STILL want those issues acted on, but that is NOT likely to be enough...to keep Fake republicans in power.

What Christians are seeing more and more is that Bush is a Globalist who wants to tear the country apart - literally, and that Aztlan is only ONE PART of breaking up the country into even more pieces.

After all, who cares about which ammendment is going to pass, when the breakup of the Country would mean that the constitution itself will be replaced with other international treaties ?

(however, Bush has 2 or 3 more speeches and legislative announcement in the next few weeks...all intended to convince social conservatives into thinking that Bush is supposedly on the same track)

GH
    Let's be brutally honest: THe Only thing that matters is when you force Politicians to STOP and PAY Attention to You. Its time to think about ways to do that.

LISTEN UP!!

DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE "TOPIC ISSUE" OR WHO IS SUGGESTING IT!

PAY ATTENTION TO THE ACTIONS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE AN AMMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION.

This is an opportunity to take back our democracy!!! Let it function!

WE need to ENCOURAGE this amendment irregardless of WHAT the subject matter is about.

An amendment to the Constitution requires 38 states to approve it.

States have been dealing with this issue independently and passing their own laws.

The SUPREME COURT is currently in a power play to over ride the laws of States or otherwise said “the decisions of voters in these states”.

The fact that there is an offer to make an amendment is one of the few opportunities we as the citizens of this country will have to VOICE THE OPINION OF THE PEOPLE AND OVER RIDE THE SUPREME COURT.

STATES MUST RECOVER POWERS USURPED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

It may very well be that G.W. is banking on our gut level distrust of him, the hot button the topic will push (the distraction) so that we would protest any change to our constitution. THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY to recover lost rights! Play out this hand and give the States the right to speak for us!
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Anyone that thinks allowing this Senate an opportunity to meddle with the Constitution needs to think a little more.

Look what's happening with the Constitutional challenge to S 2611 which raises revenue. Any bill raising revenue must begin in the House. The Senate wants to tack S 2611 to some other unrelated bill which originated in the House to make it conform while others just want to ignore that little quirk in the Constitution. Do not let anybody modify the Constitution now.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast