Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

And the woman raped and beaten in Philadelphia whose life will never be the same.

Angry--is the right feeling!!

NO MERCY FOR THESE TRAITORS GETTING OUR WOMEN RAPED, OUR MEN UNEMPLOYED, OUR POLICE OFFICERS GUNNED DOWN, AND OUR FAMILIES DESTROYED.

Think about the two little children who lost their Dad and may be orphaned if there Mom does not recover from the accident in North Carolina.

All because some foreign national decided to come here illegally, take a look around, and say, "Wow, that's nice, I'm gonna get me some of that"!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Or those who say, "I have no idea, I don't pay any attention to politics."
    I used to be in that happy-go-lucky state too!

That sure isn't us, is it!! Sometimes I feel like being one of those people......if only the illegals had not been living down the street, I'd be walking around, whistling a happy tune.....still thinking GWB won the election so all is well with the country. But the illegals moved in and that one day when I went on-line to find out how Visa's work and what to do about illegal aliens.....my life has never been the same since. I found out more than I was ready to find out.
    I happened on this mess by accident too and sometimes I wish I was still in the dark. But with the mass explosion in just five years in our area, it's hard to not notice something.

I happened on this mess by accident too and sometimes I wish I was still in the dark. But with the mass explosion in just five years in our area, it's hard to not notice something.
    Since Bush...that's when it happened. He totally laid down on our laws allowing foreign nationals to flood our labor market; our neighborhoods; change the demographics of our nation....all to end it.

And he's plotting as we speak and write to get more immigrants into the United States.

The Man Is Insane; Diabolical; Pure Evil. He doesn't give a HOOT about the American People. We are but pesky pawns in his way.

I feel we need to get our Troops Out of Iraq as soon as possible.

I'm not sure their best interest is being guarded over there.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My take on bush is that he's a flunky for the international movement (globalisim, CFR, etc.).
    Traitor? Absolutely - the worst thing thats ever happened to the U.S. But i digress....

The primary obstacle to them is the existence of the United States as a sovereign nation.
    They are in the process of destroying the U.S. by any & all means possible, while simultaneously
    enriching themselves.

The Iraq war serves multiple purposes in this regard: adding more to the skyrocketing national debt
    ( which eventually will result in a national bankruptcy & foreclosure), removing the military from the immediate defense of our southern borders, shifting the focus of Americans away from the illegal invasion as perpetrated by bush & his mob, and wearing away American willpower by prolonging the Iraq fiasco.

I am thinking about sending "congratulatory letters" to my 2 state reps (Nevada) that voted for CAFTA......reminding them of the next election....

Zorch!! Outstanding Post... I could not agree with you more!!

I hope some of you saw Lou Dobbs' poll last night. The question was "Do you think your representatives are representing YOU?" NINETY SEVEN PERCENT said they were not. Only three percent answered yes. That is a staggering revelation.

Wonder if any of our representatives actually watch those polls?? I think I will post the transcript from his coverage on CAFTA. He was VERY disgusted.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Oh yes, Bootsie, do that!! I think we should tackle this next vote in the Senate like we tackled the House vote. AND, we should try to get William on Lou Dobbs to discuss the adverse impact of CAFTA on the illegal immigration and excess immigration issues. Maybe the CAFTA countries watch CNN, eh? We can get our message to them. I don't want them to lose their farms and small businesses. I don't want them to lose their property which gives them equity, ownership, homes, and livelihoods.

Why would Americans want that kind of bad seed spreading through the world? WE don't. THAT's why 96% of the American People said NO TO CAFTA. But, the votes in Congress didn't reflect that, now, did they?

DONE!!! Note they made a mistake about North Carolina's votes and I have contacted them to correct that.

We begin tonight with an extraordinary White House victory in its long fight to convince Congress to support a so-called free trade agreement with Central America. The House in the middle of the night voted by 217-215 in favor of the Central American Free Trade Agreement. The White House today praised Congress for its support of CAFTA, even if by the narrowest of margins. The White House declaring the trade agreement will help strengthen national security.

White House Correspondent Suzanne Malveaux has the report -- Suzanne.

SUZANNE MALVEAUX, CNN WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT: Well, Lou, the White House certainly sees this as a huge victory. This is something the president kept his schedule open for all week. And that is because he really expended a lot of personal political capital on CAFTA.

It was really an incredible scene yesterday. And just within the last 12 to 24 hours, the president on Capitol Hill, the vice president, as well two of secretaries of Commerce, Agriculture, a U.S. trade representative. All of them trying to push the Republicans to support this, some that would even say arm twisting, if you will.

The focal point came when President Bush met behind closed doors for an hour or so with the Republican conference, and he made the case this way. He said it was more than just expanding free trade in opening markets, but he said this was about U.S. security, national security, and that it was also about rewarding allies for their work in the war on terror.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SCOTT MCCLELLAN, WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY: It helps to strengthen democracy in our own hemisphere. This goes right to our own national security.

This is an agreement that will help extend peace and prosperity throughout the western hemisphere. While we're working to advance freedom abroad, we also need to be looking in our own hemisphere and make sure that we're supporting the democratic efforts that continue to advance in our own hemisphere.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MALVEAUX: Now, Lou, this was a particularly tough battle for the president on two fronts. First, because it did not fall strictly along party lines, but rather there were regional pockets of Republicans who basically represented the sugar and the textile industries. Very much against it.

Their bases saying that they would lose American jobs. They really had to push them and convince that group.

The first state to fold or actually to turn was North Carolina, then Ohio, as well as Pennsylvania. Went from no to yes, and all decided eventually to go with CAFTA.

The other part of this as well is that the Democrats were very much united, that this was a labor issue, but also that this was a party loyalty issue. The Republicans, as well as the White House, only able to get about 15 of the Democrats to vote. But ultimately, in the end, they won, just by one mere vote to break that tie.

A big victory for the White House. They needed this. But also, Lou, of course, this comes as we see possible other victories in the energy legislation, as well as the highway transportation bill -- Lou.

DOBBS: Of course, that highway transportation bill, Suzanne, important, because the arm-twisting, as you put it, and the aggressive posture taken by the White House, apparently a lot of pork flowing from that -- that highway transportation bill for the congressmen who went along with the White House on this.

Nearly every congressmen we talked with, Republican or Democrat, said their constituents are absolutely concerned about jobs. And the working middle class in this country very upset about it. What is the White House saying in response?

MALVEAUX: Well, the White House is essentially saying that they don't believe American jobs are going to be lost out of this. But one thing that's really important to note, perhaps the political backdrop of all of this, is that one of the reasons the White House was so aggressive in getting CAFTA moving forward, not only just their broad free trade agenda, but also the fact that they needed a victory here. The centerpiece of the president's domestic agenda, Social Security reform, as you know, Lou, has faltered very little traction for that.

DOBBS: Absolutely. And that's putting it kindly. Little traction. Suzanne Malveaux. Thank you very much.

Democrats are blasting the White House tonight for its aggressive tactics used in passing CAFTA in the middle of the night. Last-minute bargaining in the midst of the night and a visit from President Bush and much of his cabinet helped the White House win a victory by a margin of what turned out to be two votes.

Lisa Sylvester reports.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

LISA SYLVESTER, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): When the gavel came down, the vote 217 yes, 215 no, but it was what happened in the hours before, the arm-twisting and the favor dropping that prompted the House Democratic leader to say Congress resembled the set of "Let's Make a Deal." She even went so far as to suggest laws may have been broken.

REP. NANCY PELOSI (D-CA), MINORITY LEADER: I do know of reports that have been made to me about offers that were made to Democrats, and they came running in saying, "It didn't sound like it passed the legal muster to me."

SYLVESTER: Republicans were just happy they came up with a win.

ROB PORTMAN, U.S. TRADE REPRESENTATIVE: But there was a small group of undecided members. And the way we persuaded them to support this agreement was the agreement itself. It's a fundamentally sound agreement because it opens up the markets in Central America.

SYLVESTER: In the post-CAFTA roundup, three representatives stand out. Congressman Charles Taylor, his North Carolina district has been battered by job losses in the textile and furniture industries. But he was listed as abstaining from the vote.

In a statement he said he voted no. "But due to an error, my 'no' vote did not record on the voting machine."

Then consider Republican Congresswoman Jo Ann Davis. Representative Davis went back to her Virginia district for the Boy Scout jamboree to take part in an event with President Bush. She missed the vote by 20 minutes because of the weather. Her staff also claims she would have voted no.

And North Carolina representative Robin Hayes, he changed his vote from a "no" to a "yes" after he reportedly had a side conversation with the speaker of the House.

Republicans also extended the voting for nearly an hour after the official clock ran out to try to rustle up more votes. LORI WALLACH, PUBLIC CITIZEN: A total perversion and manipulation of democracy, so that in the end there was a brokered outcome of 217 votes for CAFTA suddenly, 215 against. And you know something? In the end, they still couldn't get a majority to vote for CAFTA. So they had two people who just didn't vote, they didn't show up.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

SYLVESTER: Now, we did try to interview representatives Taylor, Davis and Hayes, but they were not made available in time for the broadcast.

And one other note. It was Congressman Hayes who cast the deciding vote in another crucial trade debate back in December of 2001, giving the president fast track trade promotion authority -- Lou.

DOBBS: A remarkable precedent for Congressman Hayes.

Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic leadership also must be beside themselves, because this means their tactics didn't work very well at all in what was a critically close vote.

SYLVESTER: Well, one of the interesting things will be whether or not there was a violation. And you can bet that the Democrats are going to be going back and reviewing exactly how they were able to get all the votes, and to see if any laws were broken -- Lou.

DOBBS: Well, we know how they got the votes. Trade representative Portman saying that it was a sound agreement, and they won on the basis of that agreement without any outside or external influence whatsoever. He said that with a straight face.

Did you notice that, Lisa?

SYLVESTER: Well, I did, indeed. And, you know, what we'll have to see is what exactly is in the transportation bill and the energy bill. And then I think we'll know the truth.

DOBBS: Well, for the benefit of all the bureaus of this broadcast who are interested in nonpartisan truth, non-ideological truth, all of the votes of the congressmen and women who were in that midnight hour will find those results on our Web site, and we will keep them there and continue to explore just how these votes came down.

Lisa Sylvester. Thank you for helping us in that effort. Fascinating.

Well, we thought you might want to know what Congressman Robin Hayes, as Lisa Sylvester just reported, casting that vote, what he had said on July 14, two weeks before, of course, last night's vote. And it qualifies as our quote of the day.

The congressman said, "Every time I drive through Kannapolis and I see those empty plants, I know there is no way I could vote for CAFTA."

Reassuring, strong words. Congressman Hayes changed his mind, and last night, or this morning, if you prefer, voted yes on CAFTA.

Democracy is a wonderful thing to watch at times.

We'd like to know your thoughts on this critical issue. Do you believe the officials you elected are representing your interest in Congress, yes or no? Please cast your vote at LouDobbs.com. We'll have the results coming up here later.

A separate new poll finds many Americans are skeptical of international trade, as styled as free trade. The CNN-"USA TODAY"- Gallup poll finds nearly half of all Americans say foreign trade is now a threat to the United States. That compares to 41 percent two years ago and just over a third in 2000.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

And one other note. It was Congressman Hayes who cast the deciding vote in another crucial trade debate back in December of 2001, giving the president fast track trade promotion authority -- Lou.
    EVERYONE!! Lookey Here What I See!!

This is the TPA, Trade Promotion Authority that gave this Maniac, El Presidente, the authority to negotiate these TREASON TREATIES TO END THE UNITED STATES!!

HAYES IS A TRAITOR, A LIAR, A GLOBALIST!!

This SOB was FOR CAFTA all along. This Stinkin' Bucket of Pig Slop is a WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING!!

He is one of them. He is the President's Right-Hand Man in the House of Representatives. The Globbie Crones OWN HIM!! He is their "save the day" guy.

This is fraud by Robin Hayes against the people of his district and the American People. He INTENDED to vote for CAFTA all the while, but LIED and led his constituents to believe otherwise. That is civil fraud.

Right on all counts AND I feel SO bad for those poor people in Kannapolis who have lost their jobs, their benefits. I might try to find a local newspaper there and write a letter to the Editor of that paper so the people there can see what they elected to SERVE them. The only person this man serves Is BUSH.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast