Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AgsJob
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Most of us know this president speaks with a forked tongue, and he can't be trusted!

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    When I first read it i thought he was leading up to a way to pass a new bill in the weeks to come
    then i read it again and thought he should be doing something right away which he never keads into to ...
    I think hes got a year to hang onto and he is saying things...
    thats all saying things what ever we want to hear

I will never believe a word the man says again
    I cant, I just cant...

I will never believe another word any of them say again ! I voted for him twice . Last time I voted for him was party because my son was in iraq ,he's out now but even if he wasn't I would never vote for him or any of his family .

It is strange how the beginning of this statement from President Bush sounded as though we were back to square one, but then as you read on, it's like you can't believe what you're reading.

I was so relieved.

Well, I know how most people feel about him and I'm a member of "most people" too, but I am extremely thankful for any step in the right direction.

I understand the feeling of extreme lack of trust.....I have it too!! But I just think that when they do something right....even if it's late in coming, or even if it seems like a baby step......I believe in sending a message of approval.

Maybe that's just the way I am. Positive reinforcement....I've always been a believer in it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    When I first read it i thought he was leading up to a way to pass a new bill in the weeks to come
    then i read it again and thought he should be doing something right away which he never keads into to ...
    I think hes got a year to hang onto and he is saying things...
    thats all saying things what ever we want to hear

I will never believe a word the man says again
    I cant, I just cant...

I will never believe another word any of them say again ! I voted for him twice . Last time I voted for him was party because my son was in iraq ,he's out now but even if he wasn't I would never vote for him or any of his family .
    The first time I voted for him because I believed him.
    I voted the second time because not to would have meant voting for Kerry. Voting for Kerry would have been a slap in the face of all the honorable Vietnam vets. It also in a warped sort of way, would be giving some kind of forgiveness to his good friend Hanoi Jane. What they did to our boys in uniform after Vietnam is unforgivable. I chose what I felt was the least of the evils.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

without amnesty and without animosity,
    You can't have it both ways, George. Won't work as long as those who cross our borders illegally are given a path to citizenship.

and assistance that helps newcomers assimilate into American society.
    These people don't want to assimilate, they want to take over and they ARE. I am so sick and tired of hearing about the illegals assimilating, what a bunch of BS. They beat us with one hand while the other hand is in our pocket.

MW
    AirborneSapper7 wrote:

no... this statement came out AFTER the Voting was done. The only way his administration can try to save face with the people is too give the impression he is for the People.
    I could be wrong, but I believe Sen. Sessions read this before the actual cloture vote was taken.

I agree with the posters who stated Bush did this because he didn't want to risk the passage of a much larger amnesty in the future. Passage of the Dream Act would have sent the majority of those folks against amnesty into a tizzy, me included! Passage would have strengthened our convictions and rallied our will to fight even harder against a future amnesty.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    AirborneSapper7 wrote:

no... this statement came out AFTER the Voting was done. The only way his administration can try to save face with the people is too give the impression he is for the People.
    I could be wrong, but I believe Sen. Sessions read this before the actual cloture vote was taken.

You are right, Sessions read it before the vote. Also, I have another thought. It seems after Vicente Fox was on Larry King Live and he let out that the NAU was actually an idea that they have dicussed, I think he HAS TO BACK PEDDLE ON IT. Now the American people know that something is up and when the country is screaming (80%) of the public for the borders to be secured he has to take a look at what the people of the nation are saying and what they were told by Fox. Even if Fox was lying, he has to say something to the American public. Do you think the Whitehouse had a lot of calls after that interview? He has to make a choice between the American public and a has-been Mexican President.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    AirborneSapper7 wrote:

I was checking back and forth between here and the "Dreamers" forum and one of them mentioned the Bush statement and commented "if it passes, it looks like Bush will veto it".
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast