Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yes I really love the letter you wrote TkAmericaBk.

legalalien, the other ethnic groups do cause trouble - pretty much all of them as far as I can tell. The Mexican group is by far the largest so they are feeling pretty invincible. Plus if you get deported to Mexico it is easy to slip back. But illegals from other nations do not have such a large supportive community to hide in and if they are deported they cannot get back as easily as a Mexican can.

Also our media has been taught for decades (since the Civil Rights era) that it is racist or xenophobic to publish the race or national origin of the perpetrators of crime which is part of why the general public does not know. Sometimes I think it would be better to know and admit that there is a problem and deal with it.

Many of our immigrants, illegal and legal hate the U.S. for what was done by our military or our corporations in their birthland and have not had anywhere else to go. Think Hmong here as probably the primo example. They collaborated with us so they had to come live here or face annihilation. In recent years NAFTA has contributed to the Mexican attitude - but they should know that we did not benefit either. This is why many of the immigrants of the last 30-40 years have such a different attitude.

So to my way of thinking, after this illegal immigration problem is resolved we still have a long way to go towards making this a much saner world. We are forced to be more responsible unless we want to deal with their never-ending hate. We already have enough of that here legally - how any politician can think that adding more of it to the mix will benefit the nation is out of my reach to comprehend.

The Mexicans have gotten way out of control. Like I wrote in another post, it is reasonable to expect that people will be hostile when you are taking their jobs, undercutting their wages and depleting other resources as well. So they are not reasonable. And like Arizonaman said, Mexican is not a race - but they are making it a race war all by their lonesome selves and with the help of a media that should have had their collective teeth kicked in years ago with a few savage lawsuits to put a leash on their rabid distortions.

I thought I posted this already but it disappeared.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

TkAmericaBk,

Good letter. Hopefully Mr. Rodriguez get thoroughly inundated with like emails and letters. Can I add what I thought of in addition to your words? (in bold italics)

…In future, as an educator you may consider spending a little more time studying the Constitution….AND… take a remedial course in geography to learn what country it is you have the privilege to live and teach in.

Perhaps you would better understand that you should not have taken the rights of some students to provide it to a select other group of students which displays favoritism and discrimination.

It might have been a much wiser action to have called an impromptu assembly of all the students and to remind them also of what country they live in – told them what a privilege it is to be able to be part of THIS country that their families fled and to respect the flag of THIS country EVERY DAY.

You were wrong and you should be ashamed! (Way to say it!)

Linda
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Forest,
    Thank you for your compliments! And your additions to the letter are absolutely fantastic! I would suggest that you revise it into an email and send it on it's way to Mr. Rodriguez. I would hope that everyone would do the same and do it over and over as I have. I have been trying to locate the email address for the superintendant of schools out there but have been unable to do so. Again, if anyone is able to find that email address, please post it so I can send a few his way. Again, thank you and.... if you don't mind, may I quote you in future?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234