http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/11/10/la ... nt-3087729

Layoffs Reported At Adobe

by Leena Rao on November 10, 2009

We’ve heard multiple reports that layoffs are taking place at Adobe today. One source reports that Adobe is laying off 15 percent of its staff, but this is unconfirmed. There are also Tweets about the layoffs on Twitter. Last December, Adobe laid off 600 workers (or 8 percent of its staff) due to the recession.

It’s unclear the reason for this round of layoffs but Adobe just closed the Omniture deal and layoffs could be taking place as the company streamlines the business. We’ve contacted Adobe for confirmation.

Comments rss icon

Giancarlo Massaro - AnyLuckyDay.com (@anyluckyday) - November 10th, 2009 at 11:48 am PST

And the recession gets worse…
John - November 10th, 2009 at 11:51 am PST

Hmm… 15%. That’s will be about 1200 workers. I think most of the Layoff will be on administrative part not for IT developer. Am I right?
Jerry Kidd (@jerrykidd) - November 10th, 2009 at 11:51 am PST

Hey, I did my part! I juts bought the upgrade version of Acrobat 9 Pro to bring my old Acrtobat 7 installation up to speed!
Judas Klienberger - November 10th, 2009 at 11:55 am PST

maybe they can lay off some file size from flash or photoshop. bloated company creates bloated software.
RobG - November 10th, 2009 at 11:57 am PST

I was at Adobe for 15 mos on contract, and was supposed to go through EOY, but they cut me at the end of October (their fiscal year). Fortunately they gave me enough notice so I got more work quickly. I feel for those affected.
o
Jmaj - November 10th, 2009 at 12:15 pm PST

What did you do at Adobe?
+
RobG - November 10th, 2009 at 12:32 pm PST

ColdFusion developer on a part of Adobe.com
LayoffReport - November 10th, 2009 at 12:16 pm PST

The Adobe layoffs are impacting the entire company and not just the Omniture team. High-level sales people, managers, partner reps, enterprise developers, and more have already been laid off. No one seems to know why exactly Adobe is doing these extensive layoffs, but they are nearly gutting entire departments especially on the West Coast.
Bobo - November 10th, 2009 at 12:22 pm PST

You can thank imported guest workers who are busy taking over Adobe and throwing every American worker they can find out. Clueless Indian managers like Anil Bhavnani who runs up and down the halls writing down the names of every American he can find on a yellow pad so he knows who to get rid of. Brilliant imported Indian managers like Bhavnani who have to ask Americans where he can get the MSDN CD from. Not only that but Bhavnani didn’t even know how to play the Indian IT griftology racket – after being laid off, he asked me to come back “to work for one week onlyâ€