Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Californians: Doesn't this seem like Deja Vu?

The wife and I have been trying to refrain from posting on this board for the last 14 hours or so. We found we couldn't remain quiet. Or, more honestly, we didn't want to remain quiet. It occured to us that we've been here before -- literally and figuratively.

Illegal immigration issues are nothing new to us. We have been fighting issues related to illegals for the past 30+ years. We didn't use a computer back then, but we used the telephone and the copier and the mail and MANY face-to-face meetings. We gathered signatures on petitions, and we sent donations to candidates we thought would respresent our side. We were often labeled racists and bigots (back then we had never heard of the word "xenophobe"). Ultimately our efforts were rewarded when Proposition 187 was passed by Californians -- a proposition that placed restrictions on benefits to illegal aliens. There was another proposition that passed, wherein English was declared the "official" language of the State. Obviously we were ecstatic when these bills were approved by the people.

Then some organizations filed lawsuits and the courts got involved and the next thing we knew, the wishes of the majority of the people were declared unconstitutional. And what little bits of the propositions were allowed to stand were blatantly ignored by the largest cities in the state.

We saw our demographics change surprisingly quickly. Check them out for yourself at http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/060000.html

2000 US Census - California: 32.4% Hispanic/Latino Origin

Our culture shifted when our demographics changed. Only the Gay Day parades have more attendees than Cinco de Mayo Parades.

We are growing more pessimistic by the day. And we know that as each day passes without secured borders, more and more illegals will make their way inside our nation.

Now we ask you, particularly the Californians on this board, doesn't this national debate seem like deja vu?
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

KEEP IT UP, KICK!!!!!!!

You and Mrs. KICK make a difference
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Californians: Doesn't this seem like Deja Vu?

Quote Originally Posted by KickEmOut
    The wife and I have been trying to refrain from posting on this board for the last 14 hours or so. We found we couldn't remain quiet. Or, more honestly, we didn't want to remain quiet. It occured to us that we've been here before -- literally and figuratively.

Illegal immigration issues are nothing new to us. We have been fighting issues related to illegals for the past 30+ years. We didn't use a computer back then, but we used the telephone and the copier and the mail and MANY face-to-face meetings. We gathered signatures on petitions, and we sent donations to candidates we thought would respresent our side. We were often labeled racists and bigots (back then we had never heard of the word "xenophobe"). Ultimately our efforts were rewarded when Proposition 187 was passed by Californians -- a proposition that placed restrictions on benefits to illegal aliens. There was another proposition that passed, wherein English was declared the "official" language of the State. Obviously we were ecstatic when these bills were approved by the people.

Then some organizations filed lawsuits and the courts got involved and the next thing we knew, the wishes of the majority of the people were declared unconstitutional. And what little bits of the propositions were allowed to stand were blatantly ignored by the largest cities in the state.

We saw our demographics change surprisingly quickly. Check them out for yourself at http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/060000.html

2000 US Census - California: 32.4% Hispanic/Latino Origin

Our culture shifted when our demographics changed. Only the Gay Day parades have more attendees than Cinco de Mayo Parades.

We are growing more pessimistic by the day. And we know that as each day passes without secured borders, more and more illegals will make their way inside our nation.

Now we ask you, particularly the Californians on this board, doesn't this national debate seem like deja vu?
    This has to with what you said "We didn't use a computer back then,"...I think to many of us are now using only the computer to speak out....Our elected officals in Washington see only the numbers marching in the streets of America...They never really see the e-mails you send them....Doesn't matter to them that an illegal can't vote, they just see the large numbers of mexicans in the streets, they can't see a voters card in their pocket...but they are to brain dead to know who put them in office....The best thing that could happen is for Americans against illegals would to go to streets in large numbers in Washington....I've noticed that in California you like to boycott home depot...Little or no media coverage! Why don't you boycott in front of the Television stations? You can still carry your boycott HD signs. Ask them why you don't get the same coverage? Picket them seven days a week...See if your numbers grow as time goes by...California is to damn liberal for its own good...MARCH DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET, THET DID!

Texanborn I'm as frustrated as you seem to be. I tried to get some very angry people to join me in a boycott of a day laborer site. NOT ONE person would go with me. The people are seething, but no one wants to do anything about it.
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

KickEmOut,

Oh yes. Takes me back to 1994 when prop. 187 was voted in and overturned by a federal judge. My husband and I share your frustration. My monitor gave out and allowed me time away to clear my head. I'm using my husbands PC. I really needed the time away.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind