Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CALL/BLAST OBEY, PRICE, WASSERMAN-SCHULTZ TODAY!!!

WE NEED ALL OF YOU TO MAKE THEIR PHONES RING OFF THE HOOK -- BLAST OBEY, PRICE AND WASSERMAN-SCHULTZ FOR REJECTING E-VERIFY AND FAVORING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!

We need you to call the following Members of Congress who spoke against E-Verify TODAY:

Rep. David Price: (202) 225-1784
    Rep. David Obey: (202) 225-3365
    Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: (202) 225-7931

Tell these Members that they need to get their facts straight. Tell them:

14.5 million Americans are out of work and millions more are underemployed.

Americans, not illegal aliens, should be hired for any available jobs.

E-Verify is highly effective, and it works to protect American jobs!!!
    Congress needs to start standing up for American workers, and not special interests!!

Also, please call Rep. Calvert and Rep. Kingston, and thank them for standing up on behalf of American Workers!

Rep. Ken Calvert: (202) 225-1986

Rep. Jack Kingston: (202) 225-5831

Earlier Today, House Appropriators Rejected E-Verify Amendments; Reps. Price, Obey, and Wasserman-Schultz Spoke Against These Provisions
    Earlier this morning, the House Appropriations Committee met to write the annual Homeland Security spending bill and the annual bill that funds Congress for the coming year. At the "mark-up," the Committee rejected two E-Verify related amendments to the Homeland Security bill and another related to the Legislative Branch spending bill. E-Verify is an electronically operated system that ensures American jobs go to American workers by allowing employers to quickly check the work authorization status of their new hires.

Rep. Ken Calvert (R-CA) — a true immigration reformer — offered an amendment to the Homeland Security bill to extend E-Verify. While that bill already contains a short, two-year reauthorization of E-Verify, Congressman Calvert knows the true value of the program and sought a longer extension of E-Verify. After Calvert spoke in support of his amendment, Appropriations Homeland Security Subcommittee Chairman, Rep. David Price (D-NC), spoke against the amendment. Rep. Price urged the entire Committee to vote against the amendment. Then, the Committee Chairman, Rep. David Obey (D-WI), spoke against the amendment, as well. Obey argued that the Homeland Security spending bill shouldn't contain an E-Verify authorization at all!

Immediately following the rejection of the Calvert Amendment, another true immigration reformer — Representative Jack Kingston (R-GA) — offered an amendment to the Homeland Security bill to require companies who contract with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to use E-Verify. This common sense amendment would have ensured that contractors who do business with DHS — the same agency tasked with enforcing our immigration laws — do not hire illegal aliens. Congressman Price AGAIN spoke in opposition to the Kingston amendment, erroneously claiming that E-Verify is inaccurate and that the program would be unable to handle the expansion to DHS contractors. Even though Congressman Kingston pointed out that DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano stated last month that the program could indeed handle a large-scale expansion, and that the program has an incredible accuracy rate of 99.6%, the House Appropriations Committee still rejected the amendment!

Later in the morning, Congressman Kingston attempted to attach a similar E-Verify amendment to the Legislative Branch spending bill. This provision would have required contractors who do business with the U.S. Congress to use E-Verify. This time, Appropriations Legislative Branch Subcommittee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) urged the Committee to reject the Kingston Amendment.

In speaking out against these amendments, Reps. Price, Obey, and Wasserman-Schultz effectively urged their colleagues to not only put the E-Verify program in jeopardy, but also ensure that illegal aliens can continue to work on federal contracts with DHS and the U.S. Congress!

Called all three and blasted them

Thank you, Jamesw62... any more ALIPACERS call? I called and blasted all 3 also... let's hear from all of you...

When I called Price's office the lady said "He supports e-verify and voted for it to be extended 2 years".

So I had to explain to her that: "He voted against the amendment to make it mandatory for Federal Contractors. He thinks my tax money should go to pay illegal aliens. It's treason!!"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    When I called Price's office the lady said "He supports e-verify and voted for it to be extended 2 years".
    i never heard that when i called, and i have called the office TWICE and thank goodness i got two different staffers

I CALLED AND EMAILED BLASTING THEM. I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH THEM ALL!

I did my thank-you's. But the traitors I was not nice to at all. They aren't good to "We the People"!

THEY DID NOT MAKE IT MANDATORY FOR FEDERAL CONTRACTORS !

Same ole same ole, give them Democrats in Congress HECK!

They are hating our calls on this Friday, you can hear it in their voices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called them all. Explained how angry I am about not standing up for Americans.
    I also called and thanked the ones who are actually looking out for Americans. I said we are being invaided and if we don't stop this then our future looks very very bad.

Thanks ALIPAC!

April
    Done!!!!

Three separate E-Verify amendments failed to pass through the House Appropriations Committee earlier today. Two amendments were introduced by Rep. Jack Kingston and another by Rep. Ken Calvert.

One of Rep. Kingston's amendments would have required all federal contractors to verify all employees and new hires through the E-Verify system. The amendment would have countered a new executive order that the Administration is expected to announce today that weakens the 2008 executive order requiring all government contractors to use E-Verify. The amendment failed by a 23-to-35 vote.

Rep. Kingston's second amendment would have required all employees, contractors, and subcontractors of the Legislative Branch to use E-Verify. That amendment failed by a voice vote.

Rep. Calvart's amendment would have permanently reauthorized E-Verify, but it received resistance from, most notably, Rep. David Price who argued that E-Verify will be addressed during a larger immigration reform debate. The amendment failed 21-to-36.

Another immigration-related amendment that would prevent Gitmo detainees from acquiring visas passed by a 34-to-24 vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast