Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Call Sen. Frist NOW

URGENT: Call Sen. Frist's office this afternoon to thank and to urge better new bill

DEAR REPUBLICANS WHO FAVOR REDUCTIONS IN CHAIN MIGRATION AND OVERALL IMMIGRATION,

Sen. Frist has just announced that he plans to introduce his own "enforcement-only" immigration bill as early as today.

This is great news because he is the Senate Majority Leader and has the power to force his bill on the floor ahead of whatever giant amnesty/foreign worker bill is reported out by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

But .....

The following news report leaves open the possibility that the Frist bill may still include the 1 million new green cards EVERY YEAR for permanent foreign workers and their families -- especially a gigantic expansion in chain migration of extended family members.

Frist's people are saying they would take the Specter bill and remove the amnesty and guestworker provisions.

That would leave the enforcement sections. But it also sounds like it would leave the giant increase in permanent green cards.

PHONE NUMBERS TO CALL

Call Sen. Frist at his DC office.

If you can't get through, call one of his Tennessee offices.

Frist, Bill TN (R)

202-224-3344 SH-509 Washington, DC 20510

423-323-1252 10368 Wallace Alley Street - Suite 7 Kingsport, TN 37663
    865-602-7977 800 Market Street Knoxville, TN 37919
    901-683-1910 5100 Poplar Avenue - Suite 514 Memphis, TN 38137

423-756-2757 735 Broad Street, Suite 701 Chattanooga, TN 37402
    615-352-9411 28 White Bridge Road - Suite 211 Nashville, TN 37205
    731-424-9655 200 East Main St. Jackson, TN 38301

HERE IS WHAT WE NEED YOU TO SAY IN YOUR PHONE CALL TO SEN. FRIST

It is very important for Republicans around the country to thank Frist's staff enthusiastically for this move to put enforcement ahead of any discussions about amnesty and guestworkers.

It is clear that Frist has gotten the message from all of your efforts in the past. He is one of the few national Republican leaders who seems to realize that the rank and file Republican voters don't want expanded immigration.

IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS A REPUBLICAN AND GIVE YOUR HOME STATE.

Then, refer to this Washington Times article and your concern that it sounds like he is going to leave in his bill the Specter provisions for expansions in green cards for permanent immigrants.

Note that analyses of Specter's bill say it could result in more than 1 million additional green cards EVERY YEAR. That would flood American communities and job markets to dire effect.

Urge that his bill include NO increases in green cards and stick to enforcement.

And above all, thank him for the direction in which he is moving. Let him know there is political gain to be had from taking our position.

Email us what you hear.

THE BREAKING NEWS STORY ON FRIST

Frustrated Frist pushes border security
    By Charles Hurt

THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    March 15, 2006

Online exclusive: update 1:32 p.m.

Sen. Majority Leader Bill Frist, frustrated by the sluggish debate over immigration reform at the committee level, plans to introduce a bill that deals solely with border security as early as today.

Mr. Frist's bill, according to aides on both sides of the aisle, does not include a guest worker provision or a process for handling the 12 million illegal aliens already in the U.S., divisive topics that have stalled immigration legislation in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The bill would beef up security along the U.S.-Mexico border, provide funding for thousands more border patrol agents and build small sections of fencing in areas of key traffic. The Tennessee Republican, who is widely believed to be seeking the Republican nomination for president, had promised conservatives that he would bring up an enforcement-only bill and begin debate on the topic on the Senate floor by March 27.

Republican aides say the move by Mr. Frist is not meant to trump similar legislation offered by Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter, Pennsylvania Republican, but rather as an "insurance policy" to ensure the topic is addressed.

Mr. Frist's bill, according to aides, would simply take Mr. Specter's proposal and strip out the guest worker plan and provisions dealing with illegal aliens already in the U.S.

Mr. Specter's legislation has stalled in committee over his proposal to criminalize illegal aliens already here as well as other issues. His bill would allow employed illegal aliens to remain in the United States indefinitely, although it would require them to return home before applying for permanent citizenship.

Mr. Frist will use the rarely employed "Rule 14" that permits him to introduce a bill and bypass the committee process so that it goes directly to the Senate calendar. After winding through several days of parliamentary procedures, Mr. Frist may call that bill to the floor for debate.

During this morning´s Judiciary Committee meeting, Mr. Specter hinted that Mr. Frist would move ahead on his own if the committee didn't arrive at some consensus. The prospect worried both Democrats and Republicans.

"I think it would be March madness to rush this," Sen. Sam Brownback, Kansas Republican, said.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I called several of the numbers and got busy signals. I finally called the Jackson office and got voicemail, so I left a message using the guidelines you posted above.
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Called and thanked heartily !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Called D.C. and made the girls day, I was so effusive! Then I asked her innocently, "Is it true about the million green cards?" She said "yes" and I proceeded to give her my best 'disappointed supporter' speech. She didn't rush me off the phone, so I'm figuring she really listened to me. Maybe I give them more credit than they deserve.

dxd
    RE:Sen. Frist has just announced that he plans to

Having seen many of these Broadway shows...I mean legislative battles, I will hold my thank you until "plans to" changes to did.

Banned
    According to the aide I talked to dxd, the bill WAS introduced. I haven't confirmed it on Thomas yet, but she was glad to admit that it was.

Her countenance dropped somewhat on the million visa thing, I must admit.

Its too late for me to talk to a human being, but I sure will leave some messages for the good Senator. Also, plan to get on his blog momentarily.

Looks like he knows which side his bread is buttered on. LISTEN TO THE CITIZENS OR YOU'RE GOING DOWN, ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS!!! Take your clue from this Presidential hopeful!!

YES!!

Im going to wear out the exclamation key, he he. O yes, the matter of the green cards.....He's listening - LET'S TALK!

oh, BTW, I WILL mention the MOBS of illegals in the streets demanding rights when they should have been picked up already for their 6 month jail sentence so they could then be charged with a felony (thank you jBB, for that info) WHY ARE THEY RUNNING IN OUR STREETS DEMANDING THE RIGHTS OF A CITIZEN. WHY ARE THEY SO EMBOLDENED.

DEMAND ENFORCEMENT OF OUR LAWS NOW!! WE THE CITIZENS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEMAND AND WE ARE DEMANDING NOW.

'SCUSE ME, just got to let it out sometimes....sure you all understand....
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

dxd
    DcSA,

REEMAND ENFORCEMENT OF OUR LAWS NOW!! WE THE CITIZENS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEMAND AND WE ARE DEMANDING NOW.

Excellent!! We can't be shy!! If you are not blunt with elected officials they will take you for a sap.

One million more green cards? Don't need them. This smells like the US Chamber again.

There is the one problem with long waiting times for family immigrants, but this can be fixed without increasing immigration or eliminating the categories by;

1. Eliminating the exemption for Mexico to the per-country limits.

2 Not allowing amnestied illegal aliens to sponsor extended family members.

3. Make illegals who adjusted under section 245i wait twice as long as legal immigrants for a green card.

4. Increasing the requirments for adult family immigrants, like requiring a high school diploma, pass an English exam, etc.

Although it SOUNDS good for them to keep introducing a new bill that leans toward what we all want every other day, wouldn't it be better if they would just DO something besides confusing each other and the people of this country?

Personally, I don't know what purpose it serves to go chasing after one bill only to have them come up next week with another one. For my money, I'd say pick one and pass the damn thing and quit playing around! I'm sick and tired of a thousand illegals coming across the border a day and the longer they fiddle around trying to please everyone, the more there will be. Am I the only person who sees these constant new proposals as smoke signals that prevent any reform?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast