Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hi AmericanElizabeth,

I'll go back to that message and do the appropriate edit to remove the offending URL, and put a note in its place.
    Thanks,
    Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Walmart Pledge of Alligance

The Walmart Pledge of Alligance
    Walmart Pledge of Alligance? Yes? No? Maybe? It's really the...
    The Walmart Shoppers' Pledge of Alligance

"Knock, knock, knock!... Hellooooo, Anybody there?...
    Nope. They're all shopping at Walmart's Commie factory outlet sale!"

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Funny Coto. Seems lately that Walmart has been trying to do some PR stuff in the media lately. They have been speaking out about how much they have been "picked" on (boohooo.....).

While here in my town, they have been trying for over two years to build a second Walmart (this town has a population of under 100,000), and the people of this city have all said NO and the proposed store would be in a location truly inappropriate for it, size-wise and also for traffic, it would be placed in spot right where there is a major, busy intersection.

The city keeps saying no and telling them why, but they keep bugging the city, asking for hearings, asking for extension of their proposals, etc... they simply do not want to take no for an answer. This does say a lot about their comany, and from the news nationwide, they do this wherever they get their sites set on building.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I live in the southwest(Las Vegas and before Phoenix). It is common
    to be in Walmart and Kmart and hear announcements in both
    English and Spanish. There are so hispanics in the southwest now
    that only speak Spanish. They shop at Walmart, Kmart and all the
    other discount stores that english speaking customers frequent.
    These stores cater to the Spanish speaking because they spend
    lots of money at these stores. These stores will not change their
    policy unless English is made the national language.

It infuriates me that everything is printed in Spanish and annnounce-
    ments in Spanish. If people were made to speak English there would
    be no need to have Spanish available period.

Hi Debby,
    Quote Originally Posted by Debby
    I live in the southwest(Las Vegas and before Phoenix). It is common to be in Walmart and Kmart and hear announcements in both English and Spanish.
    Ahem. cough, cough! May I make a suggestion (cough, cough)?
    Don't be in Walmart, as in, cough, cough, boycott!.
    http://walmartwatch.com/
    http://www.1worldcommunication.org/Walmart.htm
    http://boycottwalmart.meetup.com/

We have recently done some heavy comparisons in prices, both my husband and I, at Walmart compared to other local stores.

We have Fred Meyers here, a local comapany, once family owned, and their prices are ok, not so bad, but could be better, then there is Safeway, and Albertsons, high prices, don't do KMart, Target is ok, they do not carry groceries here, Costco high as we do not need a case of tuna at a time, then there is some local ones who sell close-out groceries, their prices are good, but last but not least, our favorite for groceries, Winco.

Walmart cannot touch Winco's grocery prices, and when it comes to other items like light bulbs and such, we simply buy them at places like Fred Meyers, as it is comparable in price, and we know the company is essentially local and fairly trustworthy (hmm....they are owned by Kroger now).

So, upon close examination, Walmart really is not all that great. I know some people think they are, but they really are not. What you find with stores like that is, they will have some big ticket items, or other "luxury" items at lower costs, then they get you with other items you wind up seeing, and those wind up costing you the same as your other local stores. And truthfully, how often do we buy those bigger ticket items that initially draw us into Walmart anyways?

All the basics at Walmart are the same prices we have found at our local grocery stores, if not more, with less brand options too.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hello Coto,

I did not say that I have been in Walmart and kmart lately. This
    has been going on for two or more years. Since I am low-income
    so I try to shop in the dollar stores before I go to those stores.

Apparently Wal-Mart has been known to financially support La Raza.

http://www.theamericanresistance.com...ibutors.html#w
    Ron Paul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    So, upon close examination, Walmart really is not all that great.
    Correct you are. You will generally find that Wal-Mart is very competitive when it comes to STARTING price points. That is how they get you into the store with their ads. Low prices on the most basic items. Then, when you get in there, you realize you could just spend X dollars more to get a few more features on product Y. However, in many cases, these higher-priced items *can* be found for less at competitor stores. We go to Target rather than Wal-Mart now. Fortunately, our Target here in NC does have groceries.
    Ron Paul 2008

Debby, we are there too with the income. We live on one meager income and we rent, so our choices in shopping are limited too. I had gone to Walmart a few times thinking we were getting better deals, but started doing some comparisons and found the prices were either the same, or sometimes more.

I have two kids, ages 13 and 9. The boy, 13 is wearing mens socks, etc., and we found they were just as cheap, per package at Target as Walmart. Same for the 9 year old, her socks and such were same at Target.

My kids will wear hand-me-downs, or good thrift store finds. So this helps, but with the boy, he wears jeans till they are threads or highwaters, which it has been the latter lately, so we do have to buy him new jeans as most used would be as bad as what he may have just thrown out!

us_patriot, I have never seen a "super" Target, so I have not been able to compare their food prices. We have this store here, Winco, and it is phenomenol. This store is a regional chain, West Coast, and they are considered "employee owned", meaning their employees get profit sharing. To me this makes me feel better spenidng our money there, as their employees are also paid well, and have great health benefits.

The Dollar Stores are ok, and you can find some deals, but Debby, look for some of the stores that buy close-outs and then sell them, you may find your dollar deals were not as good as they looked. We found this too. Do you have the store "Big Lots" where you are? This is a close-out store, and things they had for less than one dollar (like .88 cents!), the dollar store sold for $1!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast