Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is calling/faxing this one a waste of time?

This was in my email box this morning:

Dear Mrs. (cayla):

Thank you for your letter regarding the "Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act" (S. 774), commonly known as the DREAM Act. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

Many foreign born children, through no fault of their own, find themselves with no legal immigration status in our country. These children have lived in the United States most of their childhood and attended elementary and high school here, but are unable to go to college or enlist in the military because of their immigration status. The DREAM Act would grant permanent resident status to these deserving youth so they can further their education or serve in our nation's military.

For many years I have cosponsored this legislation in the Senate because I believe it is in our national interest to provide talented students who have clearly embraced the American dream with a path toward becoming responsible, contributing, law-abiding members of our society.

Recently, Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) considered trying to amend the "National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008" (H.R. 1585) to include the DREAM Act. I would support such an amendment should it be introduced. While we do not necessarily agree on this particular topic, please know that your opinions are important to me, and I will keep them in mind as we continue to debate immigration reform proposals in the 110th Congress.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope you will continue to keep me informed on issues of importance to you. Should you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours, Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/inde ... nup.Signup.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Although we should still let our voices be heard with her, Feinstein is pure OBL -- so we should focus our energy on senators who have not taken a position yet.

EVERYONE -- DREAM ACT SHOULD BE COMING UP FOR A VOTE TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY. PLEASE CALL NOW!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No it is not!

A clerk sits there and hits the reply button but they count every opinion that comes into that office.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No by no means - do not give up. Being from California also I know what the reply would be from Boxer and Feinstein. In my email to both of them I asked them if they had picked out their retirement locations yet. I let them no that we intended to see that they did not get re-elected to another term when they do not represent the people that get them elected.

By no means give up. At least the responses are being recorded. If no one took a stand against their policies they would think that everyone was for them. Well, I for one am not. Take a stand.

working4change
    DO NOT STOP! Keep up the pressure. Make your voice heard!

Yes & No

Yes it's a waste of time as far as changing the senators position, but no, it's never a waste of time to make your thoughts and opinions known, regardless.
    I just called the offices of Senators Hutchison and Cornyn; I'm not sure who answers those telephones, but I really didn't get a feeling that my call was that particularly welcome, more like, "whata 'ya want". Well I told the individual what I wanted, and they still didn't respond very warmly.
    I write both my senators quite often, and attempt to make myself known, and to make my views known. Both have been very warm in responses, but I understand that most of that's canned and for the 'masses', but occasionally I'll receive an e-mail or letter that looks as though someone actually read it.
    Let's keep on keeping on. There's no telling how many illegals have made it across just since the inception of ALIPAC. Every passing day sees several hundred more sneaking across, I'm sure.
    It's just amazing to me that our country can be so divided and some Americans can be so totally un-American in their approach to this problem, and it is a real problem. What are we as American to do, selectively enforce our laws ? Look the other way if some particular law doesn't agree with our personal beliefs ? That's exactly what's happening. It's really pretty unbelievable that our government is so busy fighting a war on terrorism, yet our president leaves an extremely critical area completely
    unchecked and could care less. Now does that make sense ? I think not.

Falcon:

Welcome aboard! Thanks for jumping right in with us...

Please hang around a while...

Is calling/faxing this....

Cayla99,
    If anyone is likely to die in the middle of this, it is I, but I am 65 and have been calling all morning. Let's keep "Our Eyes on the Prize" of retaining the unique national character and soveignty of the United States, and please keep calling and faxing: DEFEAT IS NOT AN OPTION FOR OUR COUNTRY IN THIS MATTER!!!

Welcome Falcon from West Central Georgia. Thank you for coming on board and thank you for your comments. We all need to hear a new perspective from time to time.

WELCOME TO ALIPAC "FALCON",Alot going on please feel free to help out!!

------------ACTION ALERT! ----------------------
    10/23"DREAM ACT" UP AS A STAND ALONE BILL" HELP STOP NOW!!
    WE NEED ALL ACTIVISTS CALLING NOW!!!GET INVOVLED PLEASE!!!THIS IS A HUGE AMNESTY !!!

Link to action thread!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=87045
    Contact Info...Senators, Representatives & USEFUL INFORMATION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?
    .........ALSO.......
    We need callers to help stop NY from giving a license to illegal aliens!! ...ACTION THREAD LINK BELOW!!WITH INSTRUCTIONS
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-87779.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast