Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can anybody translate?

http://www.mexicanosenelexterior.com/index_content.html
    I've only been able to pull out a little here and there...looks like there might be some very interesting info contained in this website.

They're speaking about "deportation of 50,000 children?"
    Secretary of the Migrants
    Whitehouse is listed as well as supporters.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Mil" in Spanish means thousand...so that's 50,000 children. It's quoting the "note of the day" (Nota del Dia) is that 50,000 children from Mexico and Central America were recorded deported from the United States by the Mexican Institute for National Migration during the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by VaMinuteMan
    "Mil" in Spanish means thousand...so that's 50,000 children. It's quoting the "note of the day" (Nota del Dia) is that 50,000 children from Mexico and Central America were recorded deported from the United States by the Mexican Institute for National Migration during the past year.
    Thanx VA...what other goodies does it say?
    Who's funding them? {that's the big question}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It appears to be a commercial business coalition who's mission is to propagate Mexican business interests- Those companies that are either parented in Mexico or have Mexican ownership. Those logos you see on the web page are sponsors of the coalition. (Little mini-commercials that basically say "this organization/business supports this coalition).

As VaMinuteman said the article talks about 50,000 children being deported. It compares the numbers from November 2005 to Jauary 2006. Then in the article they break it down as to how many were deported to which countries in Mexico and Central America. It tells how many get deported with their parents vs. without their parents. How many come to the U.S. with their parents vs without their parents. It seems to be by a group with the initials DIF which is a pro- family group.

It seems to be an organization (which asks for donations) which just helps Mexicans in the U.S. in many different ways and helps them with their families back in Mexico too. It has a lot of different companies and organizations to help them with just about everything from health care to lawyers to getting information about getting deported. There are probably several other American companies, I'll go back and look, but I noticed Blue Cross Blue Shield advertising. There is a poll for the upcoming Mexican elections. Be right back, I think I'll interefere with their country for a change !

Anyway, that's what I see. It would be worth looking at it more carefully if anything jumps out at me I'll report back.

VaMinuteman, maybe you could go back and look around too.

I would like someone completely fluent to translate this link from there for us. It's information from the Mexican government to Mexicans in the U.S. regarding a lot of information.

http://www.mexicanosenelexterior.com/mexsintesis.html

sis, how did you find this site ? I think we need some expert translators to go over this site with a fine tooth comb. There could be very interesting and maybe valuable information for us here. There are a lot of different subject matters it covers, but it's very organized.

Our members who can speak Spanish should check this site out completely. We need to go in and read inside this organization.

That link may not be as important as I thought. It talks about the elections, reforms, culture, etc. I thought it was something else.

Wow, this is getting pretty boring, maybe I'll go back there later today.
    zzzzzzzzzzz Too early in the AM to be trying to translate Spanish.

I don't know where they get 50,000.

It says that between January and October 2005 Mexico received 39,100 children under the age of 18. They were turned over by the border patrol and other US corporations (maybe they are talking about non-profits who take in children?).

They say that during the same period 17,632 of those children were taken care of by the DIF (the organization that runs the centers to which these kids are taken.) Apparantly they have these center scattered along border towns.

They say that the non-Mexican children are then deported back to their respective countries and that they follow all appropriate Mexican and International laws in order to respect the human rights of these children. They explain that with the existance of these centers, they are trying to protect the children from those who would prey on their vulnerabilty.

I don't see where they get 50,000 though.

http://translation2.paralink.com/

This URL provides a free translator. It will only take 500 characters at a time so it seems to work out well if you do one paragraph at a time as opposed to sifting back through to find a word you can recognize.

Translation ------
    They deport Mexico to 50 thousand children
    The numbers, according to the UNM, correspond 2005
    Francisco Robles Nava
    Correspondent of The Opinion
    On January 30, 2006

MEXICO, D.F. ? The National Institute of Migration (UNM) received more than 50 thousand minors of age, Mexicans and Central Americans, who during last year were deported by the migratory authorities of the United States.
    This governmental institution brought that whereas it delivered the children and Mexican adolescents to his families and his places of origin, it proceeded to deport the remaining small ones to his respective countries.

Although the organism did not announce comparative numbers, it is clear that the mentioned fact reveals the tall number of persons who without being major of age try every day to immigrate to American territory.
    The UNM reported, by means of a bulletin, that during the period from January until October, 2005 it received from the Frontier Patrol and from other American corporations 39,100 18-year-old minors who were repatriated.

It notified also that personnel to his charge took responsibility of providing the basic attention to these boys, from the moment that they were delivered to him in the neighboring stripe up to ? his integration to the familiar nucleus or place wherefrom they are original ?.

In the same time period, 10 months, a whole of 17,632 of these children and adolescents, of both genres, were taken care in the hostels of the National System for the Integral Development of the Family (DIF) and other alternate places, as he said.

As a safety measurement recorded by the laws, the Mexican authorities move the small ones that are deported to the different refuges that the DIF has spread in the cities of the border.

With the security in these infantile centers there try to be resisted the serious risks that there face the infantes who, on not having had his relatives to the scope, irremediably fall down in condition of vulnerability

Also the UNM spread that, from January until November, 2005, he attended to a whole of 11,129 Central American minors who were repatriated to his countries, supposedly after having being deported by the authorities of the United States.

Although the Mexican organism was not necessary in what sense he attended to this number of boys, he confirmed that it moved them of return ? to his places of origin ?.

Nevertheless, it guaranteed that it did it in ? strict respect to his human rights ?, and in the frame of the arrangement of Worthy, Tidy and Sure Repatriation of Central Americans for the south border of Mexico.

In the breakdown of the report it detailed that of the children and attended adolescents, 4,897 are of Guatemalan nationality, 4,093 Honduran, 2,113 Salvadorans, and 26 Nicaraguans.
    The institute emphasized that 7,357 minors repatriates were travelling accompanied, whereas 3,772 were making it alone.

A few months ago, instances of human rights warned that it has a tendency to increase in an accelerated way the persons' flow that, without having fulfilled the adult age, emigrate to the United States as consequence of the phenomena of unemployment and poverty that they endure.

They alerted simultaneously that, in the measurement in which it increases the minors' migration, equally men and women, raises also the index of those who risk without the company of his parents or relatives

The UNM did emphasis on that the children and deported adolescents were treated by the migratory authorities of Mexico with ? full respect to the human rights, and for the dignity of the minors migrantes in national territory ?.
    At the end of his report, this institute he declared himself promised to carry out joint actions for the sake of the small ones that are repatriated, both Mexican and foreign.

He emphasized that the target consists of guaranteeing the exercise of the rights that to these boys award the Mexican laws, international and multilateral arrangings, as well as to offer humanitarian attention.
    In response to the question where'd they get 50 million ... It's 50,000 but the article says 28,761 according to the program that ranslated it.

There ya go 2nd Pay backs are H....
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast