Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome Berk!

Good to have you aboard. We can use all of the help we can get.

Thank you for serving our Country.

Thanks guys and welcome Berk

I am better. SOmetimes the frustration becomes hard to deal with. Thanks Sixx. Glad you are back in the states.

Thanks and welcome Berk. I understand your words, and I will heed them.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Ohflyingone, we all hear what you are saying and share your anger and desperation. I found an article that some of you may have already read that illustrates my frustration with law enforcement in this country. I'm not blaming all law enforcement personnel but those who prevent law enforcement from doing their job. It is below.
    ===============================================

Oakland Police Halt DUI Checkpoints after Pressure Activists Cry Roadblocks Discriminate Against those without Licenses ... Oakland police officers have stopped setting up roadblocks to check whether drivers are under the influence because of a rash of complaints from the Latino community and City Council President Ignacio De La Fuente. The checkpoints, which allow officers to demand licenses and proof of insurance, are an effective way to get drunken drivers off Oakland's streets, city leaders agree. But the checks also have ensnared scores of illegal aliens who are not licensed to drive. "These checkpoints make people's lives miserable, not make them safer," said Jesus Rodriguez of Oakland Community Organizations. The complaints and pressure from De La Fuente prompted police Chief Richard L. Word to order his officers to hold off on any more DUI checkpoints while new guidelines are drafted. "The checkpoints are a great tool for law enforcement," Word said. "We'll develop a better focus on drug hot spots and stopping sideshows." However, the month-long moratorium on checkpoints has outraged Council member Larry Reid, who calls the change a threat to public safety. "It is absolutely insane to stop these checkpoints," Reid said. "I would not want to explain to a mother why we stopped doing these checkpoints when we know they work and her son or daughter was killed." The new checkpoint guidelines may call for police to notify Latino community organizations of the time and location of coming checkpoints. While officers have some discretion, the cars of unlicensed drivers are usually towed. To get their cars back, owners must pay $125, plus any storage fees. That is a significant burden to many illegal aliens, Rodriguez said. Reid said he has little sympathy with Rodriguez's position. "I don't care if they are illegal immigrants," Reid said. "They should not be driving on our streets without a license, without insurance. I expect the Oakland PD to do its job and get them off the street." (Oakland Tribune, September 28, 2004)
    ===============================================

When a nation gets to this point of notifying law breakers in advance of a checkpoint so they will not get caught, it is about over my friends. The Oakland PD NOR ANY OTHER PD SHOULD NEVER GIVE ADVANCE WARNING TO ANYONE OR GROUP WARNING THEM OF CHECKPOINT PLANS. That is just ludicrous, stupid, and idiotic plain and simple.

When it gets to this point, a nation is on moral and ethical life support. I hate to say it but, I think this may be the beginning of the end. It will be unless the politicians from BOTH parties get onboard and seal the borders now.

I must say it has been a long time since I have came across a checkpoint looking in NC for law breakers and I think I may know why. I don't believe law enforcement in NC (other than Charlotte/Mecklenburg) wants to find any illegals. If they do, how would they explain that they let illegals pass thur their checkpoints and hold legals that don't have licenses and proper insurance? IMHO, law enforcement's point of view is; it is better not to have checkpoints that way they don't have to explain anything to anybody. Illegals go their way, law enforcement go their way. Everybody wins except the law abiding public. We are the big losers. I have to take my hat off to Charlotte/Mecklenburg for allowing the local PD to enforce immigration laws.

I can't but help believe that Bush's reluctance to enforcing immigration laws is that he is paying a political debt to the Hispanic community as opposed to being blackmailed. The results are the same of course.

He really needs to understand the consequences of his inaction concerning immigration enforcement. Imagine what the political ramifications for his party when we make this a national issue instead of an issue for the few of us (but growing) at the moment. Mr and Ms. voter will be asking themselves, why did we elect a president that did not protect the borders and now our country is on longer our country? Try to explain that to us voters....... I don't think it will fly even in the wind.

The 2006 elections are coming up fast. I suggest you politicians get your act together as we continue to push this issue to the forefront with full steam ahead.

One of my concerns is that by the time you politicians get a grip, the illegals will have bankrupted us.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123