Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can Local Party Resolutions Be Useful?

This is a link to something I got regarding Health Care Reform. Now I know that this is unpopular in this forum, but my question is this: does it make sense to try and get something similar going with regards to opposing amnesty? These pro- socialized medicine groups seem to be getting the job done for their side.

http://www.democracyforamerica.com/resolutionworkshop

It still seems to me that the best bet is to assure a filibuster in the Senate, but is amnesty still a slam dunk to pass the House? I hear the Democrats are looking at losing a lot of seats, even if they keep a majority.

ELE

I would check any group out that uses the word progressive.

progressive political action community. next.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm not asking people to support socialized medicine. I thought that was clear in my post. What they're doing for THEIR issue is hitting the local Democratic party meetings in districts where the representatives are not supporting the health care reform, and making sure the voters' positions are documented in the Party's books. THEY are moving forward - witness Olympia Snowe. Should WE be doing something similar at local Republican (or Democratic - Baucus?) meetings with regards to AMNESTY OPPOSITION?

BTW, a good action website for anti-amnesty alerts is Californians For Population Stabilization, capwiz dot com.

And for those of you who can't chew gum and walk at the same time, Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States and he's a Muslim and he wants to establish Sharia law here.