Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can one find whether a corporation donated to a candidate?

Is there a website that allows search to find out whether a coporation donated to a candidate or a PAC?

I think that donations a candidate receives are public record in some levels of government.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know of any websites, but you can probably just send an email to the company, or google "donations" and the company name.

Give W. a chance to come by. I'd say thats all available through Federal Election Commission. Google that.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, there is one out there already. I posted it on SOS, way back when. I'l locate it and post it here. I remember it had a funny name not directly linking it to cnadidate contributions
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Banned

Re: Can one find whether a corporation donated to a candidat

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Is there a website that allows search to find out whether a coporation donated to a candidate or a PAC?
    Corporations and companies are prohibited from giving to candidates. They can form PACs like Pepsi PAC but the PAC cannot accept company money either.

Most large companies have a box employees can check to give a small donation to the company PAC out of each paycheck. This is seen as a good thing to do to help your company and an important thing to do if you want to advance in said company.

So the funds for PACs and candidates must come from people.

But of course, many large companies have no trouble collecting the max individual contribution of 5,000 each year from their top salary management, their families, and some investors.

There are some different websites and services that claim to track PAC money but most of the ones Ive seen are not very accurate.

It is tough going but Google searches and searches in the FEC database at www.FEC.gov is one route you might try.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)