Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    Why is it with the crisis so advanced and awareness so high, Both here and in Europe and yet we stand the very real possibility that we could have a new president that is very pro amnesty and open borders?
    Two words: false dichotomy.

In America, at least, I think much of the problem is that we treat politics like a team sport. We think that it's the Republicans against the Democrats, and it is often implied, in media and by the parties, that "We're right, they're wrong, and we don't agree on anything". Everyone is encouraged to pull for their team fanatically, to defend it blindly when the ref makes an unfavorable call, and that the opponents have no virtue or worthwhile insight. An example would be 'If you vote Republican, you don't care about the environment'.

This kind of blind loyalty leads directly to voting for the lesser of two evils, because Americans believe they only have two choices: us or them? They never realize that there are other, potentially better options available to them. With this sort of mentality, people try to 'look at the big picture' and play politics. What they are really doing is selling themselves short by supporting a guy who won't represent them well. And then they get angry, like they were somehow misled. But it's exactly what they voted for: the lesser of two evils.

As Americans learn that 'Democrat' and 'Republican' are two heads of the same beast, we will see more informed voters. As long as people are willing to do as they are told by the media or by their political party, we're going to suffer from poor voting choices. It is unbelievable that someone like Fred Thompson has 26% of the GOP vote right now, but many have the impression that he is a good candidate. The impression, mind you - not the reality. They've probably never heard him speak once.

This kind of feeds into why the Founders wanted only land owners to be eligible for voting. They had a personal stake in America and would take the time to consider the issues.

The best thing people can do for America is to stop voting for the lesser of two evils and start "throwing their vote away" on the person they really believe would represent them well.
    EXACTLY. Well put. The only "throw away votes" would be voting for Hillary or Rudy.......or the presidents we have put into office for the last 15 years because of this very "throw away vote" mentality.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

WE THE PEOPLE -VS-
    ------------------------

Apropos, you nailed it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I bet IF Al Gore wanted to run, he could trample all over Hillary and Obama, IF he took on an "anti-illegal immigration" stance. I am serious.
    I agree. It may be a long shot, and we would have to bank on him not selling out.....but if he did run against amnesty, he would destroy Hillary. It would not even be a flip-flop. He would just have to run on his voting record while in the Senate, which was even better than Ron Paul's.
    Al Gore is a big shot now for winning 'The Nobel Peace Prize". He would be a shoe-in- IF HE TAKES THE "ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION" STANCE. I would love to see Hillary and Obama's reaction if this happened. I would LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THE VOTING BOOTH! *THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WOULD VOTE FOR AL GORE THOUGH.* But, awwl, it would sure mess up Hillary's and Obama's ambitions - HAHAHAHA!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    Unfortunately, things like this take time. Some were talking about the problem of illegal immigration 20 years ago, and now, finally, some of the people have caught up. How much longer before a majority of Americans stand up for this country?

I don't know - could be 5 years, could be 10. I think if people REALLY knew what was happening, they would all fight to save our country. However, because of the MSM, they don't know, unless they are interested in the subject and cruise the internet to find things. And, because of the poor economy for everyone but the rich, some people are caught up just struggling to survive - maybe having two jobs, maybe having their job sent to India, maybe having their wages depressed because of illegal immigration. It's hard to think about anything else in that situation.

I have to say that we've come a long way in the last 10 years or so - it used to be that no one was talking about illegal immigration, except a few groups on the internet. Now, it's certainly more widespread. And, it just has to keep going, which it will, but it's hard to tell how much longer it will take to turn things around.
    In a way, we're doing this for the next generation - not for us.
    I don't think any of us will see "The BIG" change happen in our life time. Because all along the way there will stalls, delays, protest, and interferense from the ACLU.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean

Al Gore is a big shot now for winning 'The Nobel Peace Prize". He would be a shoe-in- IF HE TAKES THE "ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION" STANCE. I would love to see Hillary and Obama's reaction if this happened. I would LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THE VOTING BOOTH! *THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WOULD VOTE FOR AL GORE THOUGH.* But, awwl, it would sure mess up Hillary's and Obama's ambitions - HAHAHAHA!
    If he came out in against amnesty, and ran on his record on immigration in the Senate, I would take him any day of the week over Giuliani.

**I am not saying he will, but any legislative action he has taken on immigration has been good. It was a long time ago, but legislatively, that is all we have to go by (VPs really don't do anything -- present circumstances excluded).
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Most of these top tier candidates rather lose an election than to say they were against illegal immigration...That's how bad it is with these elites!

I hate to say it. It appears as tho the fix is already in. Bush Sr. cavorting all over the world previously with Mr. Bill.

Mrs. Bill now being groomed and prepared by Bush Jr. "in the event that she should win."
    Eeeek.

Look at the past two elections. Did Bush REALLY win? I still have my doubts about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Most of these top tier candidates rather lose an election than to say they were against illegal immigration...That's how bad it is with these elites!
    Then they're all around losers because if they did say it they'd lose the election.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by ladymad
    I hate to say it. It appears as tho the fix is already in. Bush Sr. cavorting all over the world previously with Mr. Bill.

Mrs. Bill now being groomed and prepared by Bush Jr. "in the event that she should win."
    Eeeek.

Look at the past two elections. Did Bush REALLY win? I still have my doubts about that.
    I'm beginning to wonder too, did Bush really win? I don't trust any of them now! I've lost all faith and trust in the whole government...Most of them are a pack of liars that will do anything to get elected!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123