Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can someone from Texas verify this?

Got a call from a contact in Dallas, TX earlier today (I'm in California).
    According to him Alberto Gonzales stated on TV this morning that he would have any Minuteman arrested, it they show up in Texas, even if their presence is accepted by gov. Perry.
    Can someone from TX verify this?

I did a internet search and did not find anything on it. If it is true then he does not understand:

AMENDMENT I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Isnt Gonzalas La Raza?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would have to do a search of ALIPAC but I would put money on it. It has been stated on this site in the past that he was a member.

Yes, he IS with La Raza.

COMING TO AMERICA
    AG nominee
    member of La Raza
    Gonzales in group that backs lax immigration laws

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: November 24, 2004
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales, President Bush's nominee for attorney general, got the backing of a group that promotes driver's licenses for illegal aliens, no immigration law enforcement by local and state police and amnesty programs broader than the administration's proposal.

The National Council of La Raza, which bills itself as the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S., welcomed the nomination of Gonzales to succeed John Ashcroft.

"We are very encouraged by the Gonzales nomination," said the glowing endorsement by La Raza. "We previously criticized the Bush administration for not having an Hispanic in the cabinet since the departure of former HUD Secretary, now Senator-elect, Mel Martinez. We are pleased that one of the first acts since the president’s re-election both rectifies that situation and marks an historic milestone for the Latino community. Never before has a Hispanic served as head of one of the four major Cabinet posts – secretary of State, Treasury, Defense and attorney general," said Janet Murguia, NCLR executive director and chief operating officer
    http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=41628

I just got a terrible chill and the hair on my arms is standing up.

If this is true then a serious "backlash" is not out of the realm of possibility. They couldn't be THAT STUPID!

According to his bio he has ties to LULAC, but nothing about La Raza. I seriously doubt he has connections with La Raza.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/government/gonzales-bio.html
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

I haven't heard that report. It isn't impossible that he said it...but as long as we have 1st amendment rights, he can't do it.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Alberto Gonzales and La Raza

Just found this on NewsMax.
    Here is the link:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...18.shtml<br />

One Reporter's Opinion – The Attorney General and La Raza
    George Putnam

Friday, March 11, 2005

It is this reporter's opinion that the newly appointed attorney general, Alberto Gonzales, is performing true to form. Soon after he accepted the office, the National Council of La Raza, the nation's largest Hispanic civil rights organization, honored him at an awards ceremony in a highly public move in the group's effort to alter its image as a left-leaning organization. Need we remind Gonzales that "La Raza" means "the race" – either you're with them or against them.

The chairwoman of the event, Janet Murguia, was quite blunt when she said: "We want to make sure that people understand that we are reaching out to this administration. We think it is a unique opportunity – when a president is in his second term – to get things done. We are going to put our people first."

Gonzales was greeted with warm applause when he reached out to La Raza, saying, "I have this organization [La Raza] to thank for support of my nomination for attorney general" and that he and La Raza share a commitment to Latinos. I don't think many Americans are aware of Judge Gonzales' long history and association with La Raza.

Another spokesman praised Bush for his anti-English-only requirements, such as anti-immigrant ballot initiatives, bilingual education and affirmative action. "There are a lot of issues," he said, in which Gonzales and Bush did the right thing.

They say timing is everything. On the 9th of March, the day before Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was to meet with her Mexican counterpart, the president announced that he was opening rehearings on the death penalties of 49 Mexican nationals convicted of murder. The grounds for the rehearings is that the 49 were not given world court rights when they were convicted – they were not given the privilege of contacting their Mexican consulate. Nor was that effort made by the U.S. government on their behalf. Therefore, the president would now give them that opportunity.

Some of the 49 have served behind prison walls for as long as 25 years! But it seems timely on the part of the president to now extend that privilege under the world court. Let me remind you, this was announced on the 9th – one day before Condoleezza Rice would meet with Mexican officials.

It is also noted that President Bush will meet with Mexico's President Fox on the 23rd of March. Obviously the president is throwing a bone to the Mexicans, who do not believe in the death penalty or life imprisonment without parole.

The Mexican government is very busy these days officially opposing the up and coming Minuteman Project (more on this project below); officials of the Mexican government are preparing to go to court to stop the American activists. The Mexicans have even gone so far as to hire a Los Angeles law firm to study legal options to stop the Minuteman Project. The issue is to be discussed by Secretary of State Rice when she meets with Mexican Foreign Minister Luis Ernesto Derbez.

This fellow, Derbez, calls the Minuteman Project "incorrect and ILLEGAL" from the point of view not only of the Mexican administration but also in the view of the United States' own laws! It is recalled that Derbez made similar threats of legal action after Arizona voters approved Proposition 200, but a lawyer helping to challenge the proposition said Mexico has provided "moral support" but no money.

Meanwhile a network of Latino activists is taking on participants in the Minuteman Project, an armed civilian border patrol operation set to launch on April 1. The activists are using the word "attack." The goal of the Minutemen is to bring national attention to the nation's porous borders. They will report illegals they see entering the U.S. and wait for Border Patrol agents to come and pick them up.

But it's very possible the confrontation at the border between hundreds of peaceful American citizens and invading illegal aliens could possibly escalate into violence and mayhem. Will newly appointed Attorney General Gonzales, a member of La Raza, be able to remain objective on such an occasion?

It looks like there's going to be a showdown at the OK Corral on April 1. A high-level leader of the violent street gang Mara Salvatrucha has issued orders from federal prison to teach the Minutemen a lesson they will not forget. And Mexico's Foreign Minister Luis Derbez planned to discuss Mexico's objections to the Minuteman Project with U.S. Secretary of State Rice March 10.

Just another in a long series of outrageous conflicts of interest hindering America from resolving the illegal alien invasion!
    They must have forgotten, or were just trying to keep the White House Bio to one page ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast