Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

At least he's talking about it, that's important and I believe it is more than his opponent is doing, isn't it?

Just as some others have indicated, I think he needs to lay out his plan in a more clear and precise way before we can be sure. I certianly hope that he will do that and do it soon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like he's asking the Federal government to subsidize the illegal invaders, through reimbursement for such things as infrastructure and so forth. What is his plan to remove the illegals? Can he talk about that...

I'm not interested in a tax break while the illegals remain to do as they please. I want them DEPORTED!

At least he has the integrity to talk about the issue and admit there is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. Not so sure I could sign on to his plan as stated without additional information...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    April wrote:

Actually MW, the above quote is mine and not Zeezils
    Oops, sorry Zeezil and April.

NoBueno wrote:

Sounds like he's asking the Federal government to subsidize the illegal invaders, through reimbursement for such things as infrastructure and so forth
    Exactly! Subsidizing the community would be setting a very bad precedent because if successful, more cities and towns will follow suit. Subsidizing the community is not fighting illegal immigration, it's just shifting the responsibility of financing the problem on to someone else. Personally, I would have to doubt the sincerity of anyone who would approach an illegal immigration problem in this manner. The guy needs to be talking about ending local services not mandated by federal decree, 287 (g), highway checkpoints, coorperation with the federal government for planned raids, E-verify, etc. He doesn't need to be holding his palm out for taxpayer money in an effort to make illegal immigration more palatable for the community he is seeking to represent.

Is it possible that the guy is attempting to appease local businesses who hire illegal alien labor? After all, he's not talking about penalties for local businesses who hire illegals. Obviously if the town is full of illegals, someone is hiring them to work.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Excellent , you have all given me a lot to think about and MUCH to take back to this candidate. I am very grateful.

I too am concerned that he may not be behind 287g.

I will state to him that I need to know how he feels about E-Verify, CAP, checking status in the jails, stricter code enforcement, etc... But at least it's a start -as I said the other candidates won't touch it. And one was actively fighting against 287g last summer when they voted and then applied. He's an active member of numerous OBL groups, including Sin Fronteras sp?. Can you imagine what direction our city would take under his leadership.

When more of is immigration plan is released I will bring it here. In the meantime I bring you Waukegan...

And then there is our lakeside location...

Our world class theater...

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    April wrote:

Actually MW, the above quote is mine and not Zeezils
    Oops, sorry Zeezil and April.

NoBueno wrote:

[quote:16yuqefx]Sounds like he's asking the Federal government to subsidize the illegal invaders, through reimbursement for such things as infrastructure and so forth
    Exactly! Subsidizing the community would be setting a very bad precedent because if successful, more cities and towns will follow suit. Subsidizing the community is not fighting illegal immigration, it's just shifting the responsibility of financing the problem on to someone else. Personally, I would have to doubt the sincerity of anyone who would approach an illegal immigration problem in this manner. The guy needs to be talking about ending local services not mandated by federal decree, 287 (g), highway checkpoints, coorperation with the federal government for planned raids, E-verify, etc. He doesn't need to be holding his palm out for taxpayer money in an effort to make illegal immigration more palatable for the community he is seeking to represent.

Is it possible that the guy is attempting to appease local businesses who hire illegal alien labor? After all, he's not talking about penalties for local businesses who hire illegals. Obviously if the town is full of illegals, someone is hiring them to work. [/quote:16yuqefx]

I see it that way MW! Subsidizing illegals is not enforcement! Creating tax breaks because illegals are a burden to the infrastructure is not going to diminish the real issue of rapidly increasing populations of illegals. Enforcement of law does that, not Federal tax breaks!

One could almost argue that if citizens agreed to compensation via tax breaks, that an implied acceptance of illegals within that community has been created. That is a slippery slope that I do not think we want to go down.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    At least he's talking about it, that's important and I believe it is more than his opponent is doing, isn't it?

Just as some others have indicated, I think he needs to lay out his plan in a more clear and precise way before we can be sure. I certianly hope that he will do that and do it soon.
    I agree, it will all come out in the wash and yes at least he is thinking in the direction that might help in the long run.

Fedup wrote:
    I will state to him that I need to know how he feels about E-Verify, CAP, checking status in the jails, stricter code enforcement, etc... But at least it's a start -as I said the other candidates won't touch it.
    Hang in there Fedup and keep up the good work! IT is a start and sometimes you have to work with who and what is available. IN no time with your dedication we will know where he stands!

dhs and the fed gov should be CUTTING OFF $$$ to a city or county that harbors masses of IA's, not subsidizing the whole thing. lake co will never let go of the teat if big $$$ is paid out to them. that mayor hopefull is just another crook.

FedUp:
    Just a couple of things I've pointed out. I may have to read it again to get a better understanding. But:

While reading these proposals, he went pretty deep into detail on some of them, but others he went off track and in dept as to take advantage of other laws on the books.
    Example: "Disastar Relief Fund", Now he should already know that this fund is used only for "Natural" Disasters. This would not be considered a natural disaster. No funding there. My question is: Does he have a back up plan?

Another thing:
    After all is said and done, he has not said anything about initiation of a bill to present to the Governor for the passing of a State Immigration Law as did, AZ, Ok. GA. and Co.
    ------------------------

FedUp, let me know his response to your questions. At least Hyde has been supportive of 287g, which I believe has lead to a LOT of property for sale in Waukegan. I know our neighbors took off for Mexico in the middle of the night, stiffing their Latino landlord several months rent.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12